This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuandao N101 Finless/RileyROM 2.1

Welcome to the 2.1 version ROM for the Yuandao N101 (original) tablet featuring Android 4.2.2.

The basis for this ROM was from a firmware created by OMA Rocks for Aussiepad, which is an OEM version of the N101.

After a few weeks of testing and modifying this ROM, Finless and I agree it is quite an improvement over the previous versions of the Finless/RileyROM releases...and is also an improvement over the Aussiepad firmware.

Finless and I have collaborated on this release...and I've really enjoyed working with Bob once again on a stellar ROM.

FEATURES:

Full Root with SuperSU
    Proper, working init.d support
    Extra ko modules removed which weren't working
    Gameloft Patch added
    Build.prop tweaks for better Google Play Store support
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Modded SystemUI with Freaktab Wallpaper by Tattman65
    Removal of all apps, except for those required for full functionality.

A Clean ROM is exactly that! A grounds to build from instead of having crap all over the place!

For installation instructions, please refer to the included First Time User's Guide.pdf.

Within the ROM kit, you have folders which include:

1. An alternate reboot to flash tool. This is the same RKbatchtool used to flash stock firmware to Rockchip devices. With the Finless Flash Tool open, also run this tool. With proper USB driver installation in Windows, you should see a pink box showing recognition of the tablet. Just click the "Switch" button to reboot the tablet into flash mode. Then switch back to the Finless Flash Tool to flash the ROM.

2. Drivers. If this is the first time you are flashing a Rockchip device, you will need to refer to the First Time User's Guide which will guide you through the driver installation. This is the folder containing the needed drivers.

3. FinlessROM. This is where the image files reside for the actual ROM. Within this folder, you should look at:

Kernel Choices - there are three kernels to choose from.

kernel21fixed.img - This is one of the original kernels that was patched to fix the whine in the speakers caused when the screen was dimmed. You may need to flash this kernel if you have problems with battery statistics updating properly. The more recent kernels have a bug which might cause the battery level to only read 1% and the tablet will seem like it isn't charging. If this problem happens, just flash this kernel and let the battery charge to 100%. Then you can flash and run one of the other two kernels if you wish.

kernel128.img - This is Finless's choice as the kernel with the best performance.

Kernel135.img - This is the most recent kernel released by Yuandao.

You can choose which kernel to flash, by clicking the box to the right of the kernel line in the flash tool and browse to the desired file.

Recovery Choices - there are two recovery files to choose from.

cwmrecovery.img - This is a CWM Recovery version customized for the N101 by Finless.

stockrecovery.img - This is the original stock recovery file in case you decide not to try CWM Recovery.

Parameter Choices - Choose a parameter file to set the amount of space available for apps. The default is 4gb. You may also pick 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space by browsing to the appropriate parameter file.

One note to share about something we noticed about the wifi signal readings. Previous ROM's showed the wifi signal to be higher in the notifcation area. This ROM shows the signal strength to have fewer bars, however our testing has revealed the same signal strength as before...so don't be fooled by the display.

We hope you enjoy this Finless/RileyROM custom firmware!!!!!!

Download

UPDATE: This is v2.1a. I fixed an issue with being able to copy files to external SD.

And please don't forget to provide us your feedback on this ROM's thread on Freaktab.com.

Finless...aka Bob White
    RRileyPM...aka Randy Riley
    Last edited by rrileypm; 10-21-2013, 22:05.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

So no comments?

I did spend quite a bit of time on this ROM.

Good? Bad?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Good? Bad?
      Bob
      Perfect!

Comment

Yuandao N101 Finless/RileyROM 2.1

One thing I've found through testing is that permissions need to be added to allow copying back and forth from external to internal SD.

If time permits, today I will post an update with that minor change.

Otherwise, this ROM ROCKS!!!!

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Since my micro SD card slot on my N101 is broken, This was an issue.

Bob

Comment

Hello.
            I installed this rom and the first thing I saw - it's the brakes.
            Before this was installed CM 10.1 Oma, there is perfect animation without brakes.
            I do not know why, but thank you for the ROM.
            Sorry for bad English.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by brakes...can you be more specific?
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

v2.1a is now uploaded. Just click the download link in post #1.

I've fixed the permissions to allow copying of files to and from the external_sd.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Did you manage to get HDMI out working?
                  I tried the aussiepad version and HDMI out freezes on the external screen.

Comment

Animation does not work smoothly. I do not know how else to explain it.
                    Work cm 10.1 Oma is very different fromFinless/RileyROM 2.1.

Comment

Alright, besides the bootanimation...how do you like the rest of the ROM?
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by smokieg View Post
                        Did you manage to get HDMI out working?
                        I tried the aussiepad version and HDMI out freezes on the external screen.
                        Yes I think I fixed HDMI out on this ROM. It works for me on one TV I have but not on another. I used tricks from all my TV stick ROMs to fix it.

Let me know if it works for you!
                        FYI HDMI and EDID are "hard" to get working.... So you know... But I tried.

Bob

Comment

hy riley

first of all thanks for your great work
                          i have an yuandao n101 and pipo m9 pro aswel,

so i just checked the yuandao site and it seems that yuandao released android 4.2.2 for the N70s version.
                          its seems that can be compatible for our n101, but if you have time can you take a look of it?
                          thanks

link:
                          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

I did played around with that firmware, but actually THIS ROM is better. After I realized that, I just dropped the idea of trying to port it.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              I did played around with that firmware, but actually THIS ROM is better. After I realized that, I just dropped the idea of trying to port it.
                              i tryed Finless/RileyROM 2.1, but was verry slow on my n101, till now the best rom is riley 2.0 for me.
                              wich ported from n70s, thats why i'm thinked to port that official firmware as well.

with SLOW i mean that the scrolling on the menu and in videos not smooth

Comment

Working...
                              X