This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuandao (Vido) N90IPS RileyROM 1.0

This ROM is based on official Yuandao firmware dated 10/12/2013.

I've started using a new process in making ROM's which involves adding a couple of features you may find handy.

First of all, in an effort to get a working CWM Recovery for these Pipo tablets, my development collegues here at Freaktab have devised a process to automatically install CWM after the first boot. The stock recovery will appear on first boot and format all of the necessary partitions, then the system will automatically install CWM Recovery after the first boot. So let the tablet set of a minute or two while this is being done before you reboot. From then on, when you reboot to recovery you will be in CWM.

Next, there is a feature to automatically install any apps you have in folder called "autoinstall" on your external SD card. Just load the apk files you wish to install in that folder and watch them populate to the app drawer immediately after the tablet boots for the first time. CWM will install last, so just wait about a minute after you see your last app populate to the app drawer. Now there are some limitations to this feature. First, you must have no spaces in the file names of the apk files. Just use your explorer app to rename the apps to remove spaces. Also, I wouldn't just install EVERYTHING from autoinstall. This is for utilities you need immediately. It's still better to restore your apps/data from a Titanium Backup. Some apps don't like to be installed this way. For instance, if you have an app like Titanium that has a key app to unlock all the features, you can install Titanium, but NOT the key app this way. Those key apps prefer to be installed via Google Play Store or from a Titanium Backup. Just experiment with it and see how it works for you.

Thanks to Finless, I've figured out how to keep the provision services from running...to try to install a bunch of bloatware that I've removed. Now it boots directly to the launcher.

As usual this ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    Working CWM Recovery
    2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    This ROM is based on official Yuandao firmware dated 10/12/2013.

I've started using a new process in making ROM's which involves adding a couple of features you may find handy.

First of all, in an effort to get a working CWM Recovery for these Pipo tablets, my development collegues here at Freaktab have devised a process to automatically install CWM after the first boot. The stock recovery will appear on first boot and format all of the necessary partitions, then the system will automatically install CWM Recovery after the first boot. So let the tablet set of a minute or two while this is being done before you reboot. From then on, when you reboot to recovery you will be in CWM.

Next, there is a feature to automatically install any apps you have in folder called "autoinstall" on your external SD card. Just load the apk files you wish to install in that folder and watch them populate to the app drawer immediately after the tablet boots for the first time. CWM will install last, so just wait about a minute after you see your last app populate to the app drawer. Now there are some limitations to this feature. First, you must have no spaces in the file names of the apk files. Just use your explorer app to rename the apps to remove spaces. Also, I wouldn't just install EVERYTHING from autoinstall. This is for utilities you need immediately. It's still better to restore your apps/data from a Titanium Backup. Some apps don't like to be installed this way. For instance, if you have an app like Titanium that has a key app to unlock all the features, you can install Titanium, but NOT the key app this way. Those key apps prefer to be installed via Google Play Store or from a Titanium Backup. Just experiment with it and see how it works for you.

Thanks to Finless, I've figured out how to keep the provision services from running...to try to install a bunch of bloatware that I've removed. Now it boots directly to the launcher.

As usual this ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    Working CWM Recovery
    2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Randy i have flashed your updated rom and now there is no activity from the tablet at all. RKbatchtool does not even recognise the device now. Any ideas the test one was fine?

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
      Randy i have flashed your updated rom and now there is no activity from the tablet at all. RKbatchtool does not even recognise the device now. Any ideas the test one was fine?

Update RKBatchtool now see's the tab. A combination of power button and volume down brings it back on but still won't power up.

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
        Update RKBatchtool now see's the tab. A combination of power button and volume down brings it back on but still won't power up.

I have reflashed the test rom and that's gone well I will keep that on for the time being. Could it be something to do with the new cwm procedures?

Comment

The only change I made was to the boot animations.

Try flashing the kernel from the test version...

If that won't work, try flashing boot.img from the test version...

See if either of those will allow you to boot.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

The only change I made was to the boot animations.

Try flashing the kernel from the test version...

If that won't work, try flashing boot.img from the test version...

See if either of those will allow you to boot.
            Hi Randy, Flashing the test kernel did the trick. Awesome boot animation and nice job. Thanks

Comment

OK, sometime today, I will update the ROM kit to include the stock kernel.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

OK, sometime today, I will update the ROM kit to include the stock kernel.
                Hey Riley,

Thanks for the work on the ROM - I tried to flash it, and had (seemingly) the same issue as desmondo. Flashing the test version (completely) or just the kernel did not do the trick: The tablet is still recognized by your tool, but when it boots the screen stays dark.
                Any idea what I could do to fix it?

Thanks!

Comment

Try flashing the stock firmware from this link:

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

See if you can get it to boot.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

There's another version of the tablet, which requires another firmware:

These two firmware's are appropriate for serial numbers a-z and z-z respectively. I believe I used the a-z version for this ROM. If I need to do both, let me know. I will make a new ROM from each of the firmware versions.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

There's another version of the tablet, which requires another firmware:

These two firmware's are appropriate for serial numbers a-z and z-z respectively. I believe I used the a-z version for this ROM. If I need to do both, let me know. I will make a new ROM from each of the firmware versions.
                      Hey,

I have the AZ version. The tablet works again with the ROM of Yuandao you linked, but I tried again flashing your latest version (with the kernel from the test version) and I'm back to the same issue...
                      I then put the Yuandao ROM back on again (tablet working fine again).

Are you sure you didn't use the ZZ? I googled the date you mentioned at the beginning (10 12 2013) and it seems it is a release for ZZ... Would be great if you had the time to prepare a release for AZ too!

Thanks!

Comment

I'm working on new versions for both A-Z and Z-Z.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Here is the new thread for v1.1:

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Donations welcome!!!!!
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Working...
                          X