NEW-H918A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW-H918A

There is a new product H918A maybe ,Allwinner A31S quad core ,Android 4.2.2,2gb ram ddr3 and 16gb flash nand,do some body has use it?how about it?fixed?

Looks like a CS918S..
    Only the pcb is mirrored (a31s chip is on top, a bit better.. still no cooler or airvents)

But whats need fixing?
    Do you own a unit? Or are you looking to buy one?

Please provide more info..

tag K-918iv-2.1

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      Looks like a CS918S..
      Only the pcb is mirrored (a31s chip is on top, a bit better.. still no cooler or airvents)

But whats need fixing?
      Do you own a unit? Or are you looking to buy one?

Please provide more info..

tag K-918iv-2.1

Yes ,i own one ,but i don't know whether it's stable property

Comment

This is the same pcb of my CS918S , it has only one USB on the left side and it do not have the slot for 3G module below the black top cover. The camera is connected to the connector that you see empty in Amy1991's picture. There is no label on the bottom and the carton box looks the same of other CS918s but without the picture and model name
        The name of the model is written nowhere
        I was lucky to have bought two pcs when they started selling it at a ridiculous price for mistake, otherwise i would be a little disappointed
        I have hi resolution pictures of the pcb if you need
        Last edited by m_a_x; 07-22-2014, 10:51.

Comment

Hi,
          Perhaps you could..
          -post a review about this device..
          -ask you reseller for a stock firmware.. then share the link here at freaktab

I wonder if there is a difference.. between the two units ( cs918s vs h918a )
          Like performance / fw /pre-installed sw / launchers / ...

Anyway.. just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by m_a_x View Post
            This is the same pcb of my CS918S purchased here , see the pictures in the shop, it has only one USB on the left side and it do not have the slot for 3G module below the black top cover. The camera is connected to the connector that you see empty in Amy1991's picture. There is no label on the bottom and the carton box looks the same of other CS918s but without the picture and model name
            The name of the model is written nowhere
            I was lucky to have bought two pcs when they started selling it at a ridiculous price for mistake, otherwise i would be a little disappointed
            I have hi resolution pictures of the pcb if you need
            I am sorry for what you say no pic, because i don't know how to add it . H918a is stable.
            I ordered it on alibaba , i can give you the link so that you can see more specification.

OR YOU can contact me with skype or email

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
              Hi,
              Perhaps you could..
              -post a review about this device..
              -ask you reseller for a stock firmware.. then share the link here at freaktab

I wonder if there is a difference.. between the two units ( cs918s vs h918a )
              Like performance / fw /pre-installed sw / launchers / ...

Anyway.. just a thought

hi ,thanks for your advice , in fact i used it and found some differences about them
              but the H918A is so stable and i like it
              i don't hnow how to add a pic
              i bought it on alibaba, i don't whether i can share the link

i like it so much

Comment

I found this out a few weeks ago, i have posted the pictures of the 2 boxes side by side

I flashed it with the custom rom Mr187 made

it works fine but no 1080p yet

Comment

Hi everybody,
                  i post some pictures of my version of CS918s ; this is also known as H918S (with camera)

you recognize it because has only one USB on the left side

there is no space for the 3G module below the top black plate

the pcb is named K-918iv-v2.1
                  i have written the name of the ics in the picture but some of them i cannot read

if you want a higher resolution picture is >>here<<

this is the device info
                  i write down the firmware for search engines:
                  mars_500w-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20140501 test-keys
                  model number B27 (?)

here is the memory info
                  can anybody explain why i see 8gb memory when specs say 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB Nand flash ?

the software preloaded:

I do not have the experience to make a review; i have a MK808B and i can say that this one is much faster. With the MK808B was very frustrating watching movies on Youtube but this one starts playing almost immediatly (sometimes may take up to 4 sec) and once started it goes fluid
                  Video quality at full screen is very good on my 42" tv
                  HOWEVER i am not sure if the improvements are caused from better hardware or from better antenna!
                  I can say that the wi-fi router is at 5 meters distance but the MK808B was downloading very slowly and this one downloads very fast

The camera is low quality, like cheap 5$ unbranded webcams, no matter how many Mpix they say, they are low quality Mpix
                  I wonder if it is possible to replace it with a better one with the same flat cable connection. Is there some specification to observe to make the replacement possible??

About the airmouse installation: i have a RC11, the receiver was connected to USB OTG on the Mk808b; here it did not work; i tried also on the USB on the back and it only worked when i connected to the USB on the side

This is all for now; it looks a good toy for the moment

Question for whatabody: what kind of improvements installing custom rom Mr187?

Comment

Hi everybody,
                    i post some pictures of my version of CS918s ; this is also known as H918S (with camera)

you recognize it because has only one USB on the left side

there is no space for the 3G module below the top black plate

the pcb is named K-918iv-v2.1
                    i have written the name of the ics in the picture but some of them i cannot read

if you want a higher resolution picture is >>here<<

this is the device info
                    i write down the firmware for search engines:
                    mars_500w-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20140501 test-keys
                    model number B27 (?)

here is the memory info
                    can anybody explain why i see 8gb memory when specs say 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB Nand flash ?

the software preloaded:

I do not have the experience to make a review; i have a MK808B and i can say that this one is much faster. With the MK808B was very frustrating watching movies on Youtube but this one starts playing almost immediatly (sometimes may take up to 4 sec) and once started it goes fluid
                    Video quality at full screen is very good on my 42" tv
                    HOWEVER i am not sure if the improvements are caused from better hardware or from better antenna!
                    I can say that the wi-fi router is at 5 meters distance but the MK808B was downloading very slowly and this one downloads very fast

The camera is low quality, like cheap 5$ unbranded webcams, no matter how many Mpix they say, they are low quality Mpix
                    I wonder if it is possible to replace it with a better one with the same flat cable connection. Is there some specification to observe to make the replacement possible??

About the airmouse installation: i have a RC11, the receiver was connected to USB OTG on the Mk808b; here it did not work; i tried also on the USB on the back and it only worked when i connected to the USB on the side

This is all for now; it looks a good toy for the moment

Question for whatabody: what kind of improvements installing custom rom Mr187?
                    rooted and runs smooth, xbmc 13.1

Comment

Thanks, but nobody is answering my easy questions (at least the first one):

1/ why i see 8gb memory when specs say 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB Nand flash ?

2/ do you think it is possible to replace the camera with a better one with the same flat cable connection?

Comment

Thanks, but nobody is answering my easy questions (at least the first one):

1/ why i see 8gb memory when specs say 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB Nand flash ?

2/ do you think it is possible to replace the camera with a better one with the same flat cable connection?
                        1, Maybe you can contact your seller ,ask why , i ask my seller ,they told me H918S of them are 16gb nand flash , not 8 gb
                        2, i don't do it ever , maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Amy1991 View Post
                          1, Maybe you can contact your seller ,ask why , i ask my seller ,they told me H918S of them are 16gb nand flash , not 8 gb
                          My seller do not even know what is selling, infact i bought 2 pcs for $6.40 each before they realized that the price was wrong

Comment

My seller do not even know what is selling, infact i bought 2 pcs for $6.40 each before they realized that the price was wrong
                            aha...

Comment

that's incredible

Comment

Working...
                              X