Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink X2 H3 box

These H3 boxes really are getting cheap.

For what it is and for the specs, it looks like a great little box for $35/£22

http://hometheatrelife.com/x2-tv-box...-for-under-50/

I was wondering whether there are rooting/flashing tools currently available for the H3 SOC.
    Last edited by bluesmanuk; 06-23-2015, 04:26.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

I know well X2 H3.
    It is on root status.

Comment

Originally posted by Aipen View Post
      I know well X2 H3.
      It is on root status.

Out of the box?

Comment

NO. The box is on root status out of factory.
        Flash tool and SDK are also avaiable .

Comment

NO. The box is on root status out of factory.
          Flash tool and SDK are also avaiable .

Thanks for the info.

The one toll that I did see today was the Phoenixsuite.

Comment

What bugs me.. is there is no OTG port (it seems)
            -encase problem s occur
            And you might need the special compiled kodi version from zidoo x1

Hmm.. or much better (well for me)
            Openelec with the special kodi version
            Last edited by mitchell4you; 06-24-2015, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
              What bugs me.. is there is no OTG port (it seems)
              -encase problem s occur
              And you might need the special compiled kodi version from zidoo x1

Hmm.. or much better (well for me)
              Openelec with the special kodi version

I did wonder that myself and I could not imagine any vendor not producing a box with an appropriate option for recovery, so I would think that one of the ports would act as OTG too.

There is a Phoenixsuite tool that has the facility to flash an image and so would imagine that this would require a way to boot to bootloader.

Like all boxes, I'm sure that any version of Kodi would work or have to have a modded version, such as we see with SPMC to get the most out of it.

With the H3 being rather new it will be interesting to see what dev takeup there will be.

What I am hoping though is that for the person that wants an out of the box experience that matches the marketing hype, then it's a very cheap way to get a TV box and for that purpose makes it a better proposition than things such as the Raspberry Pi.

Comment

£22 with free shipping, I think its a Bargain if everything works out of the box its well worth the money, look at the mk808b plus another good cheap device
                Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I was initially looking for a miracast/ezcast dongle but this Beelink X2 seems like a better deal. It's supposed to support miracast too.
                  The best price I have found so far is $35.08 at Gearbest. http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_193367.html

Comment

Somebody had told me that the most important hardware component on the BOX BOARD is ROM, which store system and your data. eMMC is the best choice , better than nandflash, with more stabilized , higher write and read speed ,and longer life cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I did wonder that myself and I could not imagine any vendor not producing a box with an appropriate option for recovery, so I would think that one of the ports would act as OTG too.

There is a Phoenixsuite tool that has the facility to flash an image and so would imagine that this would require a way to boot to bootloader.

Like all boxes, I'm sure that any version of Kodi would work or have to have a modded version, such as we see with SPMC to get the most out of it.

With the H3 being rather new it will be interesting to see what dev takeup there will be.

What I am hoping though is that for the person that wants an out of the box experience that matches the marketing hype, then it's a very cheap way to get a TV box and for that purpose makes it a better proposition than things such as the Raspberry Pi.
                      No OTG port, so you cannt use is as usb storage connected to the PC.
                      It can be updated with one of the USB port beside the HDMI. Wireless adb can be used .

Comment

No OTG port, so you cannt use is as usb storage connected to the PC.
                        It can be updated with one of the USB port beside the HDMI. Wireless adb can be used .

Thanks for the clarification.

You seem to be in the know more than anybody else, so I was wondering whether you work for the manufacturers?

One reason that I ask is that despite it being listed as a Beelink product, there is no mention of it on their website.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

You seem to be in the know more than anybody else, so I was wondering whether you work for the manufacturers?

One reason that I ask is that despite it being listed as a Beelink product, there is no mention of it on their website.
                          YesC I'm an engineer work for H3 chipset, but not for Beelink. I hope that every like H3 BOX.

Comment

YesC I'm an engineer work for H3 chipset, but not for Beelink. I hope that every like H3 BOX.

Great to have you on the forums then

Is there a support site for this box outside of what Beelink may come up with?

Comment

Great to have you on the forums then

Is there a support site for this box outside of what Beelink may come up with?
                              Sorry, I donot know. I will check with Beelink and tell you.
                              For me , I register freaktab just now, and I will pay close attention to there. I want to know whether Allwinner was thoughtless about the H3 chipset solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X