No announcement yet.

Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should select the Product option for flashing to the internal nand.

Then once the flash is complete remove the sd card and if wanting to use it for storage, format it before inserting it again.

The OTG version is only used to update a prior installed ROM, so not going to be of any use unless there is a prior Zidoo firmware already installed.

The fact that the X2 uses nand as opposed to emmc may account for the slower operation, although I don't know for sure whether the X1 uses nand or faster emmc.

I suspect that it will be emmc because the price is higher.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by amd7674 View Post
      Hi Guys,

My first post here J Great site and folks.
      I received Tronsmart Draco H3 2 days ago.

I bought it mainly for family trips where we have to stay at hotels/friends or family members.
      I’m planning to use mSDHC slot mainly with some kids shows. Having working Kodi would be a bonus.

By default Draco H3 comes with 720p Kernel which forces Kodi to display 720p. Also if I’m not mistaken since Kodi does not support Allwiner H3 chipset there is no hw acceleration support and if I’m not mistaken Kodi calls an external video player. (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Currently I’m using stock firmware updated via OTA program (I belive it is from June 6, 2015).

My biggest issues right now is not working usb (micro usb) port on the device. I’ve installed Pheonix software, but it is not being recognizes on my PC (I’ve tried 2 different PCs one with windows 7 and other one with windows 8.1). The usb debugging option is on, is there any other option I have to setup. There is an option to “select usb application you wish to be used for debugging”… it is set to blank I believe. I’ve tried to hold FN button however it didn’t’ make any difference. Upon closer examination it looks like the OTG USB port is a little far pushback / inside the casing. I might try to take it apart to see if that is not an issue.

Next I’ve tried to use Pheonix Disk Loader v3.1 (thanks bluesmanuk). I was able to create 2 mSDHC cards with transmart 1080p firmware. However I didn’t work to update the device. It took a long time to load, after each I got smaller icon, which lead me to believe it work. However the system was super slow and unresponsive and after a minute it rebooted itself. I removed the power and removed the sdhc card, the system rebooted much faster and after checking I was still on the previous firmware. I’m not sure if I should be pressing the FN button to force the device into upgrade mode?

Also I’ve tried preinstalled update firmware utility to try to flash from local disk (sdhc) card, the program said my image was incorrect. I believe you need specially packaged image in order for this to work. The regular image for Pheonix Suit (USB method) won’t work.

So far I’m not too happy:
      • no native 1080p support in Kodi.
      • No hw acceleration support in Kodi (will that ever come?).
      • A lot of io errors when trying to play streams from variety of addon i.e. hd-trailers. What is up with that?What does the io error mean when trying to play stream?
      • Problems with playing files off SMB windows shares inside Kodi.You can play them ES file manager though.However they are choppy.
      • Flaky wifi or smb windows mount support, I haven’t tried to test wifi by itself.

Do you guys know if I flash my device with TRIGTOP’s firmware (other device)?

Neek I believe you have tried 1080p firmware and you didn’t like it and you went back to 720p Trigtop’s firmware. I wonder if I should try to flash my Draco with it, if it makes wifi and other things more stable.
      If I can only figure it out how to flash my device.

I’m sorry for a long post…. J

Cheers…
      Hi amd7674,
      If just for wifi stability ,it is not necessary to change the system image. Wifi stability mostly relate with hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post

Please release a rooted 1080P firmware soon, as I have over 10 boxes sitting here collecting dust. Also, one other request, can you please get rid of the XBMC shortcut on home page so people can link to whichever version, like SPMC, or at least make it possible that the XBMC shortcut opens the app of your choice so SPMC and be opened from there. I have used SPMC on this box that came with original firmware and it works beautifully better than the included Kodi, I would rather have an "All Apps" button and the ability to make a few shortcuts for your favorite apps instead of the XBMC button like the MBOX launcher. Please release something soon

H mike808,
        I had completed built image and upload to internet. And now I‘m uncertain whether the Mbox UI, which is ugly and 720p resolution, is necessary to be built into the device. I had just removed it .

Comment

Could either of these launchers be of use?

ZIUI Frisbee and ZIUI Tile release for zidoo X1,you can install this Launcher UI by USB storage for zidoo X1.Enjoy yourself! ZIUI Firsbee: Colorful...

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

thank you for the info. That makes sense. Do you know if I have to hold FN bottom when powering up the device? I will try both ports tonight, including keyboard/mouse port, perhaps usb is for storage devices...hmmm....

Did you try 1080p beta flash or any other flash? what sort of wifi issues did you experiance... slow or wifi drop outs?
            Mine had very poor wifi range. Even in the same room with the router.
            I think I remembered the usb flashing method. I think you had to start the flash in Phoenix suite by hitting Upgrade button and then connect the stick to usb holding the fn button. It will get the power from micro usb connected to computer. I personally prefer the Phoenix card method and yes you should choose the Product on the left instead of Startup.

bluesmanuk Zidoo have really nice launchers but they will not work on other devices. They are locked to zidoo boxes so will not work on X2.

TRIGTOP Waiting eagerly to test your image Never liked the Mbox UI.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              You should select the Product option for flashing to the internal nand.

Then once the flash is complete remove the sd card and if wanting to use it for storage, format it before inserting it again.

The OTG version is only used to update a prior installed ROM, so not going to be of any use unless there is a prior Zidoo firmware already installed.

The fact that the X2 uses nand as opposed to emmc may account for the slower operation, although I don't know for sure whether the X1 uses nand or faster emmc.

I suspect that it will be emmc because the price is higher.
              Product option did the trick.... :-) THANK YOU VERY MUCH... i'm testing Tronsmart's 1080P rom at the moment.... I changed mxplayer as the default external player.

Now I have to figure out how to fix "External Player Active" click ok when playback has ended in Kodi. It might related to advancedsetting.xml or something similar...

BTW.. the wifi is really poor on this device... I was getting 3.55mb on my 45mb max connection... This causes choppiness when streaming i.e. HD-Trailers...

Comment

It doesn't have to be the MBOX UI, just as long as there a way to change the default application for the XBMC icon on home page so one could link SPMC to it. Or even have the ability to add custom shortcuts to the home page so one can make a shortcut for the SPMC app. I just rather see the XBMC icon gone from the home page. Maybe have All Apps instead of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

Hi Shanny,
                  Please take it easy. About this issue, firstly, check the right TV HDMI channel is selected and the HDMI cable had fullly inserted . Secondly, Check the BOX device power supply is work. Does it blue LED lights after press the button? if not, the reasons maybe no power. Third, If the system runs normally, the blue LED will blinks every time you press the key on the remote. If the system runs ok but there nothing display, then maybe the HDMI socket is loose, or the HDMI cable need to be changed, or try to select another TV HDMI port.
                  Thanks for the reply
                  I checked the HDMI connection, in fact I tried it on all 3 HDMI ports and no luck. The blue LED remains solid and does not blink when any of the remote's buttons are pressed. Tried different HDMI cables.

Comment

I had the same issue with my Samsung 720p plasma TV. The default on Draco H3 was set to 720p60. I had use my LG 1080p tv to recognized and change resolution to 1080p60 after which Samsung plasma TV was able to recognize the device.
                    I tried on my son's LG but got "invalid format'

Comment

Sorry to everyone, for the new image upload need more time be completed , boring low speed internet , it already take nearly the whole weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanny View Post

Thanks for the reply
                        I checked the HDMI connection, in fact I tried it on all 3 HDMI ports and no luck. The blue LED remains solid and does not blink when any of the remote's buttons are pressed. Tried different HDMI cables.
                        It seems that the device system not work for no reaction to the remote command. Try to download new image,such as updata_xii_v104k4.img, with USB cable . Please refer to #65 post of this topic about the download method. USB update is reliable and safe.

Comment

TRIGTOP, any ETA on when we will see a true 1080p output rom? Can't wait to flash that.

Comment

X2 new image for no brand system
                            Version: android4.4.2_104k4_1080p
                            Based on : 104k4
                            Built time: 20150724 14:56
                            Features: 1, UI resolution changed to 1080p ; 2 ,Android 4.4 UI as default UI and remove 720p MBOX UI; 3, Allwinner LOGO and root.

Download link
                            image for USB cable: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4viubd0eb3a11bm

Update method:
                            with USB cable download
                            tools: PhoenixSuite_CN_V1.0.8.exe and A-A male USB cable.
                            steps1: download phonixsuit and update_X2_V104k4_1080p.rar and unzip it . Prepara an A-A male USB cable.
                            steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V104k4_1080p.img in the download page.
                            steps3:Connect USB cable to PC.
                            steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.

Cautions: It is reliable and safe but will erases all your old data .

Antutu and kodi will shows 1080p resolutions. I think many people would like to choose 720p UI for the icons and fronts bigger than 1080p haha.
                            Last edited by TRIGTOP; 07-27-2015, 05:12. Reason: replace download link, for old link fail to download.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post
                              X2 new image for no brand system
                              Version: android4.4.2_104k4_1080p
                              Based on : 104k4
                              Built time: 20150724 14:56
                              Features: 1, UI resolution changed to 1080p ; 2 ,Android 4.4 UI as default UI and remove 720p MBOX UI; 3, Allwinner LOGO and root.

Download link
                              image for USB cable: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q3...104k4_1080.rar

Update method:
                              with USB cable download
                              tools: PhoenixSuite_CN_V1.0.8.exe and A-A male USB cable.
                              steps1: download phonixsuit and update_X2_V104k4_1080p.rar and unzip it . Prepara an A-A male USB cable.
                              steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V104k4_1080p.img in the download page.
                              steps3:Connect USB cable to PC.
                              steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.

Cautions: It is reliable and safe but will erases all your old data .

Antutu and kodi will shows 1080p resolutions. I think many people would like to choose 720p UI for the icons and fronts bigger than 1080p haha.
                              can't download it pal, you have it set as private.
                              also will this work on the CS199 ?

Comment

Originally posted by whatabody View Post

can't download it pal, you have it set as private.
                                also will this work on the CS199 ?

Sorry. The link address have edited and replaced with new one.
                                X2 image donot any limits or locks to hardware, it is open. I donot know cs199. If you do not have USB cable and adopt local update please do not try it , for local update ask for active image.

Comment

Working...
                                X