No announcement yet.

Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can firmware be flashed without using Phoenixtools because I've just realised that I don't have a USB A male to A male cable.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

TRIGTOP Got mine today and I have to say that it defiantly feels faster then the other devices on allwinner h3 I have tested so far. Also the antutu score is much higher (almost twice as high as on the other H3 devices I had) but I don't really trust it anyway.

Built quality is also good. No heating issues as I had on one of the boxes with H3 chip. Wifi and Ethernet seem also without issues. The one thing I don't like is the big blue light on the front of the box. It is too big for my taste and must be quite bright in the dark. It could be much smaller or at the top near the power button like on MXIII.

Also when pushing the power button to switch off the device you get the menu Power off - Your device will shut down and the option Cancel or OK. Now to choose OK I still have to use the remote. So what is the point of the button if I still need to power off with the remote? Hope you can fix this with the firmware update and maybe put the box in sleep mode when pushing the on/off button on the box.

One issue that I get with all allwinner H3 devices is that the apps for Android TV are not working correctly. I mean the navigation inside the apps. Once launched you can not even get out of the app. Not even by hitting the "home" button. The only buttons that seem to work are the directional keys and the ok button. All the others don't function. Could your engineers have a look at it and see if maybe they can fix it?

I will do some more testing but so far I am quite pleased with the box. Hope you can give us the fully rooted firmware soon.

Comment

DiZet
        Which other H3 devices you mean?
        this firmware has lower boot clock and lower dram clock as others.

Comment

DiZet Can you tell me if the box turns on when power is applied? My current setup powers the router, box, and TV all from a powerstrip plugged into a remote controlled power socket. This is because the router and box are inside a locked cabinet that is inconvenient to open.

Comment

TRIGTOP I can say that the picture quality in mx player not good when I run this live streaming app (MHDtv ) you can download it from "malayalamtvhd.weebly.com" and this app is runninng only in mxplayer and xmtv player .could you please fix this problem

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Thanks for he explanation Trigtop.

I look forward to the revised firmware with full root (still waiting for my X2) to be delivered.

Is there any support site for this box that will allow users to keep track of firmware updates and provide direct feedback to the manufacturers?

I'm still a little confused by the branding though.

If the X2 is not a product that Beelink are themselves involved in, why do vendors such as Gearbest market the box under the Beelink name?
              Beelink has a good reputation and users (like myself) purchased the device because of that very name because we would then expect to see support direct from them.

This is clearly not the case and would seem to be false marketing.

I also noted that the boot logo was for Mbox, for which I have seen many other devices sold with such a name that tend to be cheaper clones of more established boxes that don't always have the same level of quality.
              Dear friend,
              Great ideal ! I will put together all the firmwares download links in a site , and packaged a documnet to list every firmwares features.

About the branding issue, I agree that it is marketing false to some extent. Otherwise , Blands, such as Beelink, they maybe tend to push the newest chip and the first batch products, Allwinner H3 had released nearly half year and the first batch products eat by China local large OTT blands, and every features such as quad core/H265/4K can be found on other chips ( no strong features such as S905's 64bit. By the way, my s905 box will born in about one month ) . But as a perfect chip, Every Blands company would like to select it. Yes, Beelink company sales X2, without specialized beelink case .

About the MBOX logo, it is amlogic chip default logo exist on many products using amlogic chip. The new image will use allwinner default logo, hope everybody like it.

Comment

Originally posted by hodr View Post
                DiZet Can you tell me if the box turns on when power is applied? My current setup powers the router, box, and TV all from a powerstrip plugged into a remote controlled power socket. This is because the router and box are inside a locked cabinet that is inconvenient to open.
                X2 have power key. After insert power adapter, it will not run until press the power key.

Comment

Originally posted by Haven View Post
                  TRIGTOP I can say that the picture quality in mx player not good when I run this live streaming app (MHDtv ) you can download it from "malayalamtvhd.weebly.com" and this app is runninng only in mxplayer and xmtv player .could you please fix this problem
                  OK, thank your discovery.
                  I think it maybe a high technical problem, then it will takes many days to get reply.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                    Can firmware be flashed without using Phoenixtools because I've just realised that I don't have a USB A male to A male cable.
                    Yes, select local update after copying the image to local storage. The update method will be packaged with the image.

Comment

X2 new image
                      VERSION: android4.4.2_103K4
                      Based on: 102K4
                      Built time: 20150710
                      Features: 1, Allwinner H3 LOGO; 2, open the highest root right; 3, remove some KODI ADDON.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9ye7dvvn2tc3p/X2-H3

About H3,there are two method to update system. USB cable download and local update. Note that the corresponding image is different.
                      1, local update
                      steps1: Download ota_XII_Vxxx.zip,and copy it to BOX's local memory.
                      steps2: Run system_update app after enter system. Select "local update"--> select "select file" -->select "local memory" --> select the file ota_XII_V103K4.zip you had copied.
                      steps3: System will auto reboot and enter robot updating page.The update process will takes about 50s. Auto reboot again and update ends.
                      step4: If step3 stay too long, plug the adapter to reboot the device mannually, it will update successfully.

Cautions: Warning to use local update, maybe lead to boot fail. If boot fail,adopt USB update method and download the correspongding image.

2, USB cable download
                      steps1: download update_X2_V103k4.img and phonixsuit. prepara an A-A male USB cable.
                      steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V103k4.img in the download page.
                      steps3:Connect USB cable to PC.
                      steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.

Note : it will produce a whole new system, and all your old data will lose.
                      Last edited by TRIGTOP; 07-21-2015, 10:09. Reason: highlight the cautions.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post
                        X2 new image
                        VERSION: android4.4.2_103K4
                        Based on: 102K4
                        Built time: 20150710
                        Features: 1, Allwinner H3 LOGO; 2, open the highest root right; 3, remove some KODI ADDON.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9ye7dvvn2tc3p/X2-H3

About H3,there are two method to update system. USB cable download and local update. Note that the corresponding image is different.
                        1, local update
                        steps1: Download ota_XII_Vxxx.zip,and copy it to BOX's local memory.
                        steps2: Run system_update app after enter system. Select "local update"--> select "select file" -->select "local memory" --> select the file ota_XII_V103K4.zip you had copied.
                        steps3: System will auto reboot and enter robot updating page.The update process will takes about 50s. Auto reboot again and update ends.
                        step4: If step3 stay too long, plug the adapter to reboot the device mannually, it will update successfully.

2, USB cable download
                        steps1: download update_X2_V103k4.img and phonixsuit. prepara an A-A male USB cable.
                        steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V103k4.img in the download page.
                        steps3:Connect USB cable to PC.
                        steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.

Thanks very much for the update Trigtop.

Hope others get it to work and confirm root as I'm still waiting for Gearbest to deliver mine.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

TRIGTOP Can you tell us more about the s905 box you are developing? Expected availability date, RAM/ROM, price?

Comment

Thanks for the firmware TrigTop, downloading it now.

Comment

It seems to be stuck...

It verifiied the file and then rebooted. It started to update (Android with 'Diamond' in stomach rotating). It has got to roughly 95% and no further. It hasn't moved from there for just over 5 minutes as I type.

Any help?

EDIT - This is where it's stuck -
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	tmX3QjD.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	511268
                              Last edited by Turvy; 07-11-2015, 11:59. Reason: Added image

Comment

Okay, it's been over an hour and nothing changed (I had to go to out).
                                I'm going to pull the plug on it now and see if I can boot as normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X