Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

HaHa, Thank your informations and your responsibility.
    If just for this scenario, I donot think 104K4 is unusable. I hope more ones familiar with local update with this post.
    Firstly, the cause for " stuck at around 95%and goes not further. stay for half an hour and restart again" ( Sorry, I had not described clearly. please restart it if stay more than 2minutes . Actually,it doesn't matter that power off during the update process,the update will continues after restart, even the update process had been interrupted several times. ) It relates with an eMMC recovery mode defination of the old image. The first reboot after loading image file still runs the old recovery codes , so it is possible that stuck at 95%, but mannually restart during update procedure will runs new recovery codes . Maybe not so clear, I want to say that it seems not so good but is normal (Sorry, hope you can accept it)
    secondly, about "No navigation bar, screen flashes between the default wallpaper and a black background, many apps donot appear and unuseable", I dare say that he must had done some changes on the old system with adb tool, such as push some change datas or configurations. The fact is that local update will not erase user datas and the changed configuration conflict with the new image. Please Bluesmanuk tell the boy try to revoke his changes with adb or repeat the local update 104k4 , if it is still abnormal, please turn to the ultimate update method,USB cable update, and download the corresponding image. USB cable update is safe and stable, but it will erases all the old datas and format the whole flash storage . BTW, for the boys like to do some changes to the system, you'd better to prepare an A-A male USB cable , for the case fail to boot the system .
    Third, I had done special tests for the local update 104k4. I had just completed a large order and 500 among this devices takes local update 104k4 method, and no one fails and no abnormal case. You can see its build time is 20150714 , but I post it at 20150717, we done the tests during the interspace days.
    Late warning, be caution before update. But, you can update at freedom if you are not care about old data loss and have an USB cable.

The only changes made were the kinds of things that all users would do.

Add apps and make changes within the scope of any apps installed.

No adb pushing of changes or anything like that.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi all.
      I am one of the users who has encountered problems in local update method. I tried 103K4 fw version, but stops at 95%. I know I have to get an USB AM to USB AM cable for updating via PC with PhoenixSuit. But before the failed update, I didn't set USB Debug setting On in android. So I wonder whether I am going to have problems in the update or not.
      Thank a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by maxipaul View Post
        Hi all.
        I am one of the users who has encountered problems in local update method. I tried 103K4 fw version, but stops at 95%. I know I have to get an USB AM to USB AM cable for updating via PC with PhoenixSuit. But before the failed update, I didn't set USB Debug setting On in android. So I wonder whether I am going to have problems in the update or not.
        Thank a lot.

I had driver problems using Phoenixsuite, so I use this instead in my Zidoo X1 to write an image to a micro sd card and it will work for the X2 as well.

You then just insert it into the box and it flashes a full ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48bdrlbztm..._V310.zip?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I had driver problems using Phoenixsuite, so I use this instead in my Zidoo X1 to write an image to a micro sd card and it will work for the X2 as well.

You then just insert it into the box and it flashes a full ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48bdrlbztm..._V310.zip?dl=0
          Thank you bluesmanuk. I get an error message burning the image. Any advise?

Edit: It burned successfully at last

Now it is loading, I supose. H3 logo still in the screen. I will update the status in short.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
          Last edited by maxipaul; 07-18-2015, 22:27.

Comment

Thank you bluesmanuk. I get an error message burning the image. Any advise?

Edit: It burned successfully at last

Now it is loading, I supose. H3 logo still in the screen. I will update the status in short.

I've only seen the error once, so I formatted it in Windows and then formatted it again in the tool.

The burn went OK then.

After the flash is complete the box will turn itself off.

Then remove the ac lead, take out the sd card and boot up again.

Comment

I've only seen the error once, so I formatted it in Windows and then formatted it again in the tool.

The burn went OK then.

After the flash is complete the box will turn itself off.

Then remove the ac lead, take out the sd card and boot up again.

After loading the firmware (I supose it is installed while H3 logo is displayed), it shuts down itself and fastly boots up Android. I can see that the versión of the firm has changed in the settings. But whenever I shut down the device, take the SD out, remove de AC and boot up, then green android and Installing system update message come up. Progress bar stops at 95% again

Comment

That's odd.

You should only get the green Android when updating using the OTA method.

When you flash the full image you get a red box that fills up inside with a green progress bar and after a successful flash it powers off ready for you to remove the sd card.

Comment

Can anyone comment on the quality of the Wifi? I'm coming from MK808B and had trouble with that aspect.

TRIGTOP
                  Thanks for informing us! So far the only thing that stopped me form an instant purchase was lack of HW playback (mxplayer) from the comments. Two questions for you:
                  1) Can you say more about the s905? Specs and price.
                  2) Is there a headless linux image (e.g. Debian) available for the X2?
                  Thanks!
                  Last edited by animous; 07-19-2015, 12:57. Reason: typo

Comment

That's odd.

You should only get the green Android when updating using the OTA method.

When you flash the full image you get a red box that fills up inside with a green progress bar and after a successful flash it powers off ready for you to remove the sd card.
                    Well, I tried version 102K4 (the one my X2 had installed when I received it) and I get that progress bar you say,it also shuts down itself, and no android is shown. With 103K4 and 104K4, no way. I think I will keep this version unless someone can ensure the new firmware loads and works well. At least, I save the USB purchase.

I can't set 1080p setting either in Kodi or Youtube, for example. I have changed it in android hdmi setting. Am i doing it wrong?

Thank you for your support

Originally posted by animous View Post
                    Can anyone comment on the quality of the Wifi? I'm coming from MK808B and had trouble with that aspect.
                    As far as my short usage, in my X2, which is near the router, the signal is good, but I have read in some tests that wifi and ethernet speed is not very good.
                    I have done a comparison using speedof.me web, in my PC with both ethernet and wifi connection, X2 wifi and Nexus 4 wifi.

PC eth_______________
                    Download: 113.18 Mbps
                    Upload: 11 Mbps
                    Latency: 25 ms

PC wifi_______________
                    Download: 56.38 Mbps
                    Upload: 9.92 Mbps
                    Latency: 29 ms

Nexus 4______________
                    Download: 27.43 Mbps
                    Upload: 10.8 Mbps
                    Latency: 41 ms

X2 wifi_______________
                    Download: 27.78 Mbps
                    Upload: 10.19 Mbps
                    Latency: 33 ms

X2 eth_______________
                    Download: 36.63 Mbps
                    Upload: 11.29 Mbps
                    Latency: 31 ms

Last edited by maxipaul; 07-20-2015, 17:07.

Comment

As far as my short usage, in my X2, which is near the router, the signal is good, but I have read in some tests that wifi and ethernet speed is not very good.
                      I have done a comparison using speedof.me web, in my PC with both ethernet and wifi connection, X2 wifi and Nexus 4 wifi.
                      Interesting, thanks for taking the time to benchmark. What about X2 wired? Also, I wonder if a X2 + USB wifi dongle would yield better results than the X2's internal one..

Comment

Edited in my post. I don't know if a wifi dongle would improve the results. I don't have one to test.

Comment

Any external dongle would have to have the software support built in to the ROM for it to work and then things would have to be modified so that when switching WiFi on, it switched the correct one.

Comment

I can't set 1080p setting either in Kodi or Youtube, for example. I have changed it in android hdmi setting. Is it not possible to watch 1080p in Kodi or Youtube?

Comment

I can't set 1080p setting either in Kodi or Youtube, for example. I have changed it in android hdmi setting. Is it not possible to watch 1080p in Kodi or Youtube?

So when you play a 1080p file in Kodi, what happens?

Youtube 1080p requires more under the hood changes to work.

I did it on my Zidoo X1 but the results were not pretty.

I also have the setting on a RK3288 box and even on my 40" TV I can't actually see any difference between 720p and 1080p in Youtube.

Comment

I suppose it plays FHD movies in 1080p. Tv info says I'm in 1080p 60 mode, and so overlayed Kodi info icons.
                                But as I see only 720p in Kodi settings (greyed option no updateable), it makes me doubt whether is 720 or 1080 really.
                                I don't see noticiable image qualily differences between Kodi, MxPlayer or Vlc players.

Comment

Working...
                                X