Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

Sorry.
    I go to duplicate what he had done and try to replay the case, if it is possible would your like to help me check what he had installed .
    To be frank , I had to confess that I'm not very confidence myself in private about whether the H3 can complete the local update process successfully, even though I had done 500 times test .BTW, I can expose a bug about H3, it cannt do local update with TF card when embeded eMMC on board. But I still dont think it will work abnormally after successfully update, I will check it. So, aha, I want to make a bet with bluesmanuk, if it is the fact then I will sent out 3 S905 box free within 2 months.

Yes, quite happy to check.

I've asked him to compile a list of all the apps and other changes that he has made and report back later.

The Zidoo X1 can do local update with TF card with embedded eMMC though.

Perhaps it is worth downloading their latest OTA update and extracting the source files for comparison?

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/ota/zidoox1/dolphin_fvd_p1-ota-20150710.zip

I'll take that bet
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

Sad to read this information.
      Does the original image verison built in the device is 102K4 HI think after-sales people will help you, otherwise please tell me and I will help you fix it.

About the resolutions, X2 UI resolution is 720p, and it can be changed to 1080p if need. I had compared A80 ,which features 4k point to point, with RK3288 and S802 which is upscare to 4K, we cannt spot which one owns higher definition . From the soc company standpoint, the surface 4k means it can decode 4K video, have higher definition than 1080p, and can be displayed with 4K dimention .

At the end i am puzzeled by this one; SOC can decode really anything in all kinds of resolutions, as i said, i even got better test cases through antutu video tests - app downlaods around 170mb of all kinds of files,
      take look in .antutu directory, you can play all the files from the android ui etc. so the system can deal with any resolution, yet, all apps like kodi, antutu and antutut video benchmark, all point, that the resolution of
      this Maili-400 MP gadget is merely 1280x720...

why lock it? is it a question of firmware/image locked to this resolution, since i can see no plausible reason for this lil' boy not to play and output 4k straight away...
      question to all cracks familiar with SoCs and images - could it be possible to flash another rom/fw which does not have this restriction?

if this could be achieved, allwinner XII, little beelink would be a perfect purchase with incredible price...

Comment

Originally posted by neek View Post

At the end i am puzzeled by this one; SOC can decode really anything in all kinds of resolutions, as i said, i even got better test cases through antutu video tests - app downlaods around 170mb of all kinds of files,
        take look in .antutu directory, you can play all the files from the android ui etc. so the system can deal with any resolution, yet, all apps like kodi, antutu and antutut video benchmark, all point, that the resolution of
        this Maili-400 MP gadget is merely 1280x720...

why lock it? is it a question of firmware/image locked to this resolution, since i can see no plausible reason for this lil' boy not to play and output 4k straight away...
        question to all cracks familiar with SoCs and images - could it be possible to flash another rom/fw which does not have this restriction?

if this could be achieved, allwinner XII, little beelink would be a perfect purchase with incredible price...

You could try experimenting with other H3 ROM's.

I successfully loaded the X2 image onto my X1 and apart from Wifi not working the rest did, so perhaps you could consider trying the Zidoo X1 or Draco H3 ROM's for a spin.

Comment

Just receiver my X2 box and connected to my Samsung smart Tv and am getting a message "Resalution not supported. Change the resulotion on the external devise" . I can't see how I can do that if I can't see anything on the TV screen. I don't have another tv to try it on. Any ideas what I can do. I just got my A-A USB cable so if needed maybe I can try to flash a new firmware imiage.

Cheers any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanny View Post
            Just receiver my X2 box and connected to my Samsung smart Tv and am getting a message "Resalution not supported. Change the resulotion on the external devise" . I can't see how I can do that if I can't see anything on the TV screen. I don't have another tv to try it on. Any ideas what I can do. I just got my A-A USB cable so if needed maybe I can try to flash a new firmware imiage.

Cheers any help is appreciated.

When you switch it on, do you get to see the boot logo on the TV before it boots into Android?

What model of Samsung TV do you have?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

No boot logo on start just the message and the model is UN50EH5300

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

No boot logo on start just the message and the model is UN50EH5300

I have to ask what may seem a silly question but have you switched the TV to the desired HDMI port using the Source button on the remote?

Outside of that I am guessing that perhaps the box was tested before shipping and the display was set to 4K output and not reset again.

So probably worth doing a flash anyway to get to the latest firmware.

Comment

I have it on the proper HDMI. Also I had bought two and both are doing it. Now to try flashing these. Never done it before so I'll try Trigtop's guide with the A-A USB cable

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

You could try experimenting with other H3 ROM's.

I successfully loaded the X2 image onto my X1 and apart from Wifi not working the rest did, so perhaps you could consider trying the Zidoo X1 or Draco H3 ROM's for a spin.

thanks for the proposals & ideas - i will fetch the images and try to flash them. just one noob, yet not so insignifficant question -
                    is it possible that i really*really brick the hardware after flashing "alien" roms - with no possibility to restore last known working one???

Comment

I have it on the proper HDMI. Also I had bought two and both are doing it. Now to try flashing these. Never done it before so I'll try Trigtop's guide with the A-A USB cable

This generic guide may also be of use as it's the same process.

Comment

Originally posted by neek View Post

thanks for the proposals & ideas - i will fetch the images and try to flash them. just one noob, yet not so insignifficant question -
                        is it possible that i really*really brick the hardware after flashing "alien" roms - with no possibility to restore last known working one???

My experience of flashing hundreds of times is that flashing images with others for the same SOC does not really risk hard bricking your device.

They are pretty bullet proof these days.

Comment

I used the Phoenixsuit and when I connected it gave me the format option I also preselected the img file and it said updating but still no change. I will try on another TV and see if that is a problem. I'll post the outcome

Cheers, thanks

Comment

I used the Phoenixsuit and when I connected it gave me the format option I also preselected the img file and it said updating but still no change. I will try on another TV and see if that is a problem. I'll post the outcome

Cheers, thanks

Did the flashing process complete?

Comment

It said it did but it never said anything about device connected

Comment

To get real 1080p you can try firmware from Tronsmart Draco H3. It is available on their website in downloads section. There are 2 versions available to download standard 720p and 1080p. WiFi should also work. It did when I was testing. The only thing as I remember did not work was the power button on the box and led on the box will be red instead blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X