No announcement yet.

Beelink X2 H3 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this box is very poorly constructed internally. currently for the 2nd time after powering down it gets stuck on boot image. last time i unplugged it, 30 second pin hole reset and it worked but today no go. it's not stable I'm using the 103 rom. gearbest rushed this to market, lied about the maker, and had done crap for support. thankfully we hello each other but anyone else get this reboot and boot loop issue?

ill mention that it took fiddling with buttons and the cables in no set order to miraculously flash after about 10 tries. doors allwinner have support because it's rally their integrity on the line should have gotten mk808b plus

Comment

I flashed the unit using Tronsmart Draco H3 image and did have the red power button which leads me to beleive the unit was flashed but the down side is I'm still getting the "Resolution not supported" message. Will try on another TV to see if that's the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

My experience of flashing hundreds of times is that flashing images with others for the same SOC does not really risk hard bricking your device.

They are pretty bullet proof these days.
        I wrote quite an extensive posting yesterday, but it got lost somehow, let me just tell you the following - yes, flashing Draco H3 image worked, and i was
        delighted:

it sure does run on 1080p, you can tell at first glance by tiny icons and very small font in UI.
        - first, power icon changes from blue to red :-)
        - remote does not work, was kinda to expect, nor does the physical power button
        - android version fro my taste looks too phone like, and not like a player
        - wifi works, but i must admit, it has issues, not quite stable . i even tested the speed by speedtestnet app, and got very funny results like 5Mbit dl/6Mb up speed
        - rendering webpages is really, slow, and i got impression i am on raspberry again :-)
        - image comes with numer of preload apps - like facebook, netflix, dolphin... yet Kodi is quite naked and needs installation
        - i run AnTuTu benchmark, gave me if i can recall 12000 pts, on beelink due to wonderful optimization fast as double - like 21000
        - AnTuTu Video Test ran well, mere 2 containers were not playable, one 2K and one real networks one, so no real issue
        - you must re-plug the device in order to make it start, and today just trying genesis, i got a number of i/o errors by starting random streams so i got back to original ROM.

but the major thing is - this device *CAN* certainly play with 1080p output, and the results on a monitor were unbelievable. i played my test files h265 and i was
        just blown away! amazing quality - pure joy, on my FHD monitor i got "4K feeling" of unbelievable depth.

so, the hardware is amazing, beelink or whoever made the tradeoff with the ROM did actually good thing, made stable ROM, very fast - to hit the market running,
        since 64bit/octa core boxes are comming, and they did well with relatively small 1GB RAM - yet at low(er) quality cost, which is a trade off i personally do not like.

i hope, an original XII rom with 1080p player output will come (with support of remote, stable wifi etc.) - ideally it would have UI in 720p, since on tv sets having
        FHD output and text to read is a exhausting for the eyes - yet, playing movies should be at least 1080p...

i will keep the gadget, it is really neat, and will continue experimenting with other ROMs.
        yet, i think it would be wiser to set on 64bit/octa core gadgets with 2GB RAM to take no compromises...

once again, thanks go out to bluesmanuk - this forum helped me alot!

Comment

Originally posted by Aldxproject View Post
          this box is very poorly constructed internally. currently for the 2nd time after powering down it gets stuck on boot image. last time i unplugged it, 30 second pin hole reset and it worked but today no go. it's not stable I'm using the 103 rom. gearbest rushed this to market, lied about the maker, and had done crap for support. thankfully we hello each other but anyone else get this reboot and boot loop issue?

ill mention that it took fiddling with buttons and the cables in no set order to miraculously flash after about 10 tries. doors allwinner have support because it's rally their integrity on the line should have gotten mk808b plus

i was frustrated as well. but, if you have a microSD card, just use phoenix solution and upload image in that way - follow the solution described in previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanny View Post
            I flashed the unit using Tronsmart Draco H3 image and did have the red power button which leads me to beleive the unit was flashed but the down side is I'm still getting the "Resolution not supported" message. Will try on another TV to see if that's the issue.

I can confirm, that the output is set to 720p when you flash new rom, regardless to what was it set to in previous rom. maybe it is the problem of your tv set. worst case - grab the box, go to next hi-fi market
            and test it on 4k set (unless you owe one already) :-)

Comment

neek To get the normal font on 1080p firmware you need to change sys.disp_density=160 to sys.disp_density=240 in system/buid.prop Save the file and reboot.
              I hope TRIGTOP can give us a firmware with 1080p kernel. The 720p firmware from them is quite good. I tried to insert Tronsmarts 1080p kernel in to the firmware from TRIGTOP but it does not do anything. It still stays 720p so there must be something else that need changing.

Comment

Originally posted by neek View Post
                it sure does run on 1080p, you can tell at first glance by tiny icons and very small font in UI.

but the major thing is - this device *CAN* certainly play with 1080p output, and the results on a monitor were unbelievable. i played my test files h265 and i was
                just blown away! amazing quality - pure joy, on my FHD monitor i got "4K feeling" of unbelievable depth.

Did you use the Draco 720 stable rom or the 1080 test rom?
                Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
                I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
                RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by neek View Post

I wrote quite an extensive posting yesterday, but it got lost somehow, let me just tell you the following - yes, flashing Draco H3 image worked, and i was
                  delighted:

- first, power icon changes from blue to red :-)
                  - remote does not work, was kinda to expect, nor does the physical power button
                  - android version fro my taste looks too phone like, and not like a player
                  - wifi works, but i must admit, it has issues, not quite stable . i even tested the speed by speedtestnet app, and got very funny results like 5Mbit dl/6Mb up speed
                  - rendering webpages is really, slow, and i got impression i am on raspberry again :-)
                  - image comes with numer of preload apps - like facebook, netflix, dolphin... yet Kodi is quite naked and needs installation
                  - i run AnTuTu benchmark, gave me if i can recall 12000 pts, on beelink due to wonderful optimization fast as double - like 21000
                  - AnTuTu Video Test ran well, mere 2 containers were not playable, one 2K and one real networks one, so no real issue
                  - you must re-plug the device in order to make it start, and today just trying genesis, i got a number of i/o errors by starting random streams so i got back to original ROM.

so, the hardware is amazing, beelink or whoever made the tradeoff with the ROM did actually good thing, made stable ROM, very fast - to hit the market running,
                  since 64bit/octa core boxes are comming, and they did well with relatively small 1GB RAM - yet at low(er) quality cost, which is a trade off i personally do not like.

i hope, an original XII rom with 1080p player output will come (with support of remote, stable wifi etc.) - ideally it would have UI in 720p, since on tv sets having
                  FHD output and text to read is a exhausting for the eyes - yet, playing movies should be at least 1080p...

i will keep the gadget, it is really neat, and will continue experimenting with other ROMs.
                  yet, i think it would be wiser to set on 64bit/octa core gadgets with 2GB RAM to take no compromises...

It's good that you had fun trying and tinkering, which can be quite fun at times.

I did also find with my Zidoo X1 that the quality of picture on screen was amazing and as you said, the depth really does make such a difference to the viewing experience.
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi guys, I got mine today, it's a nice little box, works ok with kodi. However, big problem is that even though I set 1080p resolution in Android, Kodi is showing 720p resolution, meaning it's not a true 1080p kernal, that sucks big time because this thing was advertised to do 4k output, what a shame. Why don't they make proper 1080p firmware for this box. I'm sure it could handle it.

Comment

TRIGTOP One more vote for the 1080p kernel. Think you can do it?

Comment

Yes, please at least make the video output to true 1080p, so that Kodi also reports it as 1080p resolution.

Comment

Maybe get help from Oman ( i believe he works for beelink as well) as his roms are always good and have true 1080p output.

Comment

This not a Beelink box though, despite the advertising.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Tried the unit on another tv although it also was a samsung and same message. Then trid on an LG and got a message saying "Invalid Format" so what can I say

Comment

It is not listed in their web, but Gearbest link in their web shows the product between newer ones. It's the only one which don't have 'beelink' label in the case. There is other shop link, but X2 is not included.
                                I have written Beelink asking about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X