Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turvy View Post
    It seems to be stuck...

It verifiied the file and then rebooted. It started to update (Android with 'Diamond' in stomach rotating). It has got to roughly 95% and no further. It hasn't moved from there for just over 5 minutes as I type.

Any help?

EDIT - This is where it's stuck -
    [ATTACH]n511268[/ATTACH]

I was talking to somebody that had exactly the same issue with both revisions of the ROM and finally had to flash the full image.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I couldn't get it to install from Local File.
      It was stuck in a boot loop; The Allwinner H3 logo appears, then it said
      "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 1
      "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 2
      "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 3
      "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 4

or similar.

Luckily I have a USB A to A Male Cable.
      Installed and started Phoenix Suite, let it update.
      Pointed to the Image file from the Firmware tab,
      Inserted Pin (and held in place)
      Attached USB from PC to X2 for power.

It asked me two or three times if I wanted to format, I said yes.
      When it finished, I removed the box.

Plugged box into Television (first boot was slower than before), updated Super SU, Rebooted (quickly) and all seems to be fine.
      I haven't yet tried to play or do anything on the new firmware.

One thing that isn't important, but would be handy to have preinstalled - An App Installer.
      I'm currently downloading one to my USB now, as I have a few APK's I like to install.

Comment

Originally posted by Turvy View Post
        I couldn't get it to install from Local File.
        It was stuck in a boot loop; The Allwinner H3 logo appears, then it said
        "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 1
        "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 2
        "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 3
        "Installation Failed" Rebooting in 4

or similar.

Luckily I have a USB A to A Male Cable.
        Installed and started Phoenix Suite, let it update.
        Pointed to the Image file from the Firmware tab,
        Inserted Pin (and held in place)
        Attached USB from PC to X2 for power.

It asked me two or three times if I wanted to format, I said yes.
        When it finished, I removed the box.

Plugged box into Television (first boot was slower than before), updated Super SU, Rebooted (quickly) and all seems to be fine.
        I haven't yet tried to play or do anything on the new firmware.

One thing that isn't important, but would be handy to have preinstalled - An App Installer.
        I'm currently downloading one to my USB now, as I have a few APK's I like to install.
        I'm terribly ashammed of that miatake. Everybody please do not download this image unless you have USB A-A male cable!!!
        Hasten to tackle it.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post
          X2 new image
          VERSION: android4.4.2_103K4
          Based on: 102K4
          Built time: 20150710
          Features: 1, Allwinner H3 LOGO; 2, open the highest root right; 3, remove some KODI ADDON.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9ye7dvvn2tc3p/X2-H3

About H3,there are two method to update system. USB cable download and local update. Note that the corresponding image is different.
          1, local update
          steps1: Download ota_XII_Vxxx.zip,and copy it to BOX's local memory.
          steps2: Run system_update app after enter system. Select "local update"--> select "select file" -->select "local memory" --> select the file ota_XII_V103K4.zip you had copied.
          steps3: System will auto reboot and enter robot updating page.The update process will takes about 50s. Auto reboot again and update ends.
          step4: If step3 stay too long, plug the adapter to reboot the device mannually, it will update successfully.

2, USB cable download
          steps1: download update_X2_V103k4.img and phonixsuit. prepara an A-A male USB cable.
          steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V103k4.img in the download page.
          steps3:Connect USB cable to PC.
          steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.
          Attention please: Please do not take method 1 to update system, it is not robust. I'm dealing with it as the most important issue thers days and will release the resolution here. So , if you havenot USB A-A male cable, please donot download this image. Sorry and guilty ashamed

Comment

X2 new image
            VERSION: android4.4.2_104K4
            Based on: 103K4
            Built time: 20150714
            Features: 1, optimize the stability of local update.

download link:
            image for local update :http://www.mediafire.com/download/00...XII_V104k4.zip
            image for USB cable :http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww...XII_V104k4.img

note: 1,Just for no brand X2 device which means MBOX or Allwinner H3 LOGO.

update method:
            About H3,there are two method to update system. USB cable download and local update. Note that the corresponding image is different.
            1, local update
            tools: No tool is needed. But before update you must be sure the device works normally.
            steps2: Run system_update app after enter system. Select "local update"--> select "select file" -->select "local memory" --> select the file ota_XII_V103K4.zip you had copied.
            steps3: System will auto reboot and enter robot updating page.The update process will takes about 50s. Auto reboot again and update ends.
            steps4: If step3 stay too long, plug the adapter to reboot the device mannually, it will update successfully.

Cautions: Warning to use local update, maybe lead to boot fail. If boot fail, please adopt USB update method and download the correspongding image.

2, USB cable download
            tool: PhoenixSuite_CN_V1.0.8.exe and A-T male USB cable.
            steps1: download update_X2_V104k4.img and phonixsuit. prepara an A-A male USB cable.
            steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V103k4.img in the download page.
            steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.

note: it will produce a whole new system, and all your old data will lose.

anybody successfully download and update, please note me.
            Last edited by TRIGTOP; 07-21-2015, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Haven View Post
              TRIGTOP I can say that the picture quality in mx player not good when I run this live streaming app (MHDtv ) you can download it from "malayalamtvhd.weebly.com" and this app is runninng only in mxplayer and xmtv player .could you please fix this problem
              Hi Haven,
              We had run this app and the picture quality is low as you said,there is some shadow arround the literals. We had done some adjustments, such as the UI resolution, the GPU's work conditions, and got a bit improvement,not obvious. We are umfamiliar with mxplayer and xmtv player, I'm not sure when we will get a new result. So, if it is urgent and you want to work on it youself, I can provide all the support.

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post
                X2 new image
                VERSION: android4.4.2_104K4
                Based on: 103K4
                Built time: 20150714
                Features: 1, optimize the stability of local update.

download link:
                image for local update :http://www.mediafire.com/download/00...XII_V104k4.zip
                image for USB cable :http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww...XII_V104k4.img

note: 1,Just for no brand X2 device which means MBOX or Allwinner H3 LOGO.

update method:
                1, local update
                tools: No tool is needed. But before update you must be sure the device works normally.
                steps4: If step3 stay too long, plug the adapter to reboot the device mannually, it will update successfully.

2, USB cable download
                tool: PhoenixSuite_CN_V1.0.8.exe and A-T male USB cable.
                steps1: download update_X2_V104k4.img and phonixsuit. prepara an A-A male USB cable.

anybody successfully download and update, please note me.

Thanks trigtop.

Is there a changelog to tell users what modifications/additions have been made to this latest ROM?

Comment

DO NOT INSTALL 104K4 OTA

I told a mate who has been using his for a week now about the update and he had experienced the issues that others had when trying to update 103k4 using local OTA.

He is hopping mad.

Exactly the same scenario as before.

Verification of update file is OK and reboots into recovery to start the process.
                  Gets stuck at around 95%and goes not further.
                  He let it stay at this stage for half an hour before pulling the plug.
                  On starting again the process starts again and finishes but after rebooting the whole UI is apparently screwed.

No navigation bar at all.
                  The bar that usually sits along the bottom with the app tray button is now vertical on the right hand side.
                  The screen flashes between the default wallpaper and a black background.
                  So many apps don't appear correctly and are essentially unuseable.

Comment

He has just called to say that the full flash version does at least work.

Comment

Hi Haven,
                      We had run this app and the picture quality is low as you said,there is some shadow arround the literals. We had done some adjustments, such as the UI resolution, the GPU's work conditions, and got a bit improvement,not obvious. We are umfamiliar with mxplayer and xmtv player, I'm not sure when we will get a new result. So, if it is urgent and you want to work on it youself, I can provide all the support.

thanks trigtrop

Comment

Hi Haven,

thanks trigtrop

Are you able to use MHDTV on another Android box with success?

So many of these third party streaming services offer pretty poor quality streams, so it would be worth confirming that the same stream works elsewhere.

I'm surprised that anybody using Android would be unfamiliar with Mxplayer as it seems to be the number 1 video playing app on the planet, although perhaps in some regions there is a more popular alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

So many of these third party streaming services offer pretty poor quality streams, so it would be worth confirming that the same stream works elsewhere.

I'm surprised that anybody using Android would be unfamiliar with Mxplayer as it seems to be the number 1 video playing app on the planet, although perhaps in some regions there is a more popular alternative.
                          I can confirm that the picture quality problem only in this box and I did not tried any other allwinner based boxes. but better picture quality for MHDtv app in other android tv boxes like minix, mk808 b plus , RKM(RK3288) and even in nexus player

Comment

DO NOT INSTALL 104K4 OTA

I told a mate who has been using his for a week now about the update and he had experienced the issues that others had when trying to update 103k4 using local OTA.

He is hopping mad.

Exactly the same scenario as before.

Verification of update file is OK and reboots into recovery to start the process.
                            Gets stuck at around 95%and goes not further.
                            He let it stay at this stage for half an hour before pulling the plug.
                            On starting again the process starts again and finishes but after rebooting the whole UI is apparently screwed.

No navigation bar at all.
                            The bar that usually sits along the bottom with the app tray button is now vertical on the right hand side.
                            The screen flashes between the default wallpaper and a black background.
                            So many apps don't appear correctly and are essentially unuseable.

HaHa, Thank your informations and your responsibility.
                            If just for this scenario, I donot think 104K4 is unusable. I hope more ones familiar with local update with this post.
                            Firstly, the cause for " stuck at around 95%and goes not further. stay for half an hour and restart again" ( Sorry, I had not described clearly. please restart it if stay more than 2minutes . Actually,it doesn't matter that power off during the update process,the update will continues after restart, even the update process had been interrupted several times. ) It relates with an eMMC recovery mode defination of the old image. The first reboot after loading image file still runs the old recovery codes , so it is possible that stuck at 95%, but mannually restart during update procedure will runs new recovery codes . Maybe not so clear, I want to say that it seems not so good but is normal (Sorry, hope you can accept it)
                            secondly, about "No navigation bar, screen flashes between the default wallpaper and a black background, many apps donot appear and unuseable", I dare say that he must had done some changes on the old system with adb tool, such as push some change datas or configurations. The fact is that local update will not erase user datas and the changed configuration conflict with the new image. Please Bluesmanuk tell the boy try to revoke his changes with adb or repeat the local update 104k4 , if it is still abnormal, please turn to the ultimate update method,USB cable update, and download the corresponding image. USB cable update is safe and stable, but it will erases all the old datas and format the whole flash storage . BTW, for the boys like to do some changes to the system, you'd better to prepare an A-A male USB cable , for the case fail to boot the system .
                            Third, I had done special tests for the local update 104k4. I had just completed a large order and 500 among this devices takes local update 104k4 method, and no one fails and no abnormal case. You can see its build time is 20150714 , but I post it at 20150717, we done the tests during the interspace days.
                            Late warning, be caution before update. But, you can update at freedom if you are not care about old data loss and have an USB cable.

Comment

unfamiliar with mxplayer source codes and its decoder interface.

Comment

I can confirm that the picture quality problem only in this box and I did not tried any other allwinner based boxes. but better picture quality for MHDtv app in other android tv boxes like minix, mk808 b plus , RKM(RK3288) and even in nexus player
                                Haven, I had record this problem and need Allwinner support, any result will note you. I had compared with S802/RK3288 device.

Comment

Working...
                                X