Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here for X2 red light issue and other problems

Dear all X2 user,
    Appologize deeply for my mistake for this problem that the red led aways lights and power fail.
    I describe it here and try my best to do some rescue.

features: The red LED aways lights even pressing power button,fail to power on. It now aways appearance, it is a small probability event, but will lock the CPU into recovery mode even power again (recovery mode is one of the CPU modes, waiting for download the image from USB cable). Two ways to rescue the device, replace the resistance to a 47K resistance, or update image to remove the power button function.
    route cause: There is a up-pull resistance to a aways on power VCC_RTC to drive the LED. For the resistance value 1K is too small to lead a 1.2V leakage to the CPU and then to eMMC. The eMMC power should be no power supply when waiting pressing power on button, but there is 1.2V exist.
    solution: two ways: 1,replace the 1K resistance to 47K, the leakage will be lower than 0.4V, which is in safe state. 2,remove the state waiting pressing power on button in the software. The first method is adopted all the way, but this time a SMT error takes place.

Why we hadnot notice it so many long times? We had used two eMMC chips. We had noticed this leakage when introducing the new eMMC, so we update the BOM the same time using new eMMC. But this batch manufacture at 20150910, it is 2380 pieces,there is a package old eMMC 1360 piece need to be used .The SMT switch to the old BOM in the view of the old eMMC and heard that the two eMMC is pin-pin compatible.

I upload a image for this issue. It removes the power button functions based on version 202K4.
    feature: 1, the same as 202k4 except the POWER BUTTON function and OTA. such as, 720p60 resolutions and Mbox logo.
    update method: USB cable.
    download link:https://mega.nz/#!ooxkAIKC!bT9RYSycd...wgsDy4ktR2e2OY

This version do not have OTA . I will upload newer one with OTA tonight and will be updated and served the same as the normal version.

The attached picture signs the error resistance. If replace this resistance to 40K~60K ,it will be ok.

Sorry and thanks for you read the whole article.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

About the update methods:

USB cable download
    tool: PhoenixSuit_EN_V1.0.8.exe. Please read its user guide "PhoenixSuit user guide EN.pdf".

steps1: download update_X2_V103k4.img and phonixsuit. prepara an A-A male USB cable.
    steps2: install phonixsuit on your PC (win7 or other OS) and open it. Locate update_X2_V103k4.img in the download page.
    steps3:Connect USB cable to PC.
    steps4:On the bottom of the BOX and near the Power connector, there is a hole and an update key inside. Pressing the key through the hole with a pin ,and then plug the another side of the USB cable to the BOX USB port,the one nearby the power. The usb cable will supply power and the box will enter update state. Then PC will pop a note ,ask whether to earse the data.Loose you hand pressing update key and selec "yes" and then download action starts.
    note : it will produce a whole new system, your old data will lose.

Comment

here is the update tool PhoenixSuit_EN_V1.0.8.exe.
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

new image.

version:X2_203K4
        based on:202k4
        OTA open time:20151105
        features:
        1, old features: 1080p UI, allwinner LOGO, root,720p60 default resolutions and so on.
        2, for bug vpn connect fail on 202k4.
        3, Auto power on without requirement pressing button after power be inserted.

For USB cable update image : https://mega.nz/#!1xZnWKyI!goV_KbZjd...2AfK8AmA_MjQMc

note: for RED problem please update to this version which built in OTA and will be easy for next udpate.
        Last edited by TRIGTOP; 11-16-2015, 11:26.

Comment

Hi, I have an X2 from the "red light" batch. After about a month, it wouldn't turn on - the light just stayed red. I tried to flash it with the 203k4 and 202k4, but they both fail when it gets to 10%.
          Error0x164)Download Failed 4
          I attached the full debug log.

I have another X2, from a newer batch (the power adapter is slightly smaller and curved). So far it's working ok. I went and tried to flash it with 203k4 and it worked, no problem.

Any ideas? Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

TRIGTOP Please provide new link 203K as mega is asking for decryption key. Also box starts up using phoenix startup sd but Phoenix Suite cannot flash and Phoenix card Product sd cannot flash. Any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by chowbang View Post
              Hi, I have an X2 from the "red light" batch. After about a month, it wouldn't turn on - the light just stayed red. I tried to flash it with the 203k4 and 202k4, but they both fail when it gets to 10%.
              Error0x164)Download Failed 4
              I attached the full debug log.

I have another X2, from a newer batch (the power adapter is slightly smaller and curved). So far it's working ok. I went and tried to flash it with 203k4 and it worked, no problem.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi Chowbang,
              USB update failure mostly relates with the data loss during USB transmission, such as the quality of the cable, the USB connector is loose and so on.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                TRIGTOP Please provide new link 203K as mega is asking for decryption key. Also box starts up using phoenix startup sd but Phoenix Suite cannot flash and Phoenix card Product sd cannot flash. Any ideas

Dear Damac,
                the link had updated.
                It is certain that the USB cable can update every X2 device with the images I pasted, it does not matter what image the device had flashed.
                The top level method, open the case and short pin25 and pin26 of the nandflash package, rather than pressing the hole key. It is some difficult to open the case for many buckles. It seems need to update a video about disassemble case.
                thanks.

Comment

My X2's wouldn't update at first either; they kept failing at 10% as well. Within Pheonix Suit, on the image page, I checked off "download one or multi partition" and then cleared all except "Boot". Then did another reflash. This one went through, and actually got the box back up and running. But then I went ahead and reflashed with the entire image without an issue. Now I have my two dead X2 boxes back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post

Dear Damac,
                    the link had updated.
                    It is certain that the USB cable can update every X2 device with the images I pasted, it does not matter what image the device had flashed.
                    The top level method, open the case and short pin25 and pin26 of the nandflash package, rather than pressing the hole key. It is some difficult to open the case for many buckles. It seems need to update a video about disassemble case.
                    thanks.

Can you post a picture how to short pin 25 and 26?
                    My X2 still stopped updating by 10%
                    Regards
                    ivo

Comment

Originally posted by gpizano View Post
                      My X2's wouldn't update at first either; they kept failing at 10% as well. Within Pheonix Suit, on the image page, I checked off "download one or multi partition" and then cleared all except "Boot". Then did another reflash. This one went through, and actually got the box back up and running. But then I went ahead and reflashed with the entire image without an issue. Now I have my two dead X2 boxes back up and running!

Hello

I don't see this option in phoenix suit where did you found?
                      i'm using 1.10 phoenix suit
                      thanks
                      ivo

Comment

Hi Chowbang,
                        USB update failure mostly relates with the data loss during USB transmission, such as the quality of the cable, the USB connector is loose and so on.
                        Thanks.
                        Hi
                        I have the same problem. I try with 2 cables and nothing, same problem.

Comment

Same here. Box won't flash with USB or phoenix card (tried 8gb, 16gb class 10 or 32gb class 10) but works perfect booting from SD card ROM created by Phoenix card. Box is new so I don't want to open to short..

Sent from my XII using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                            Same here. Box won't flash with USB or phoenix card (tried 8gb, 16gb class 10 or 32gb class 10) but works perfect booting from SD card ROM created by Phoenix card. Box is new so I don't want to open to short..

Sent from my XII using Tapatalk
                            I confirm all your message.

Comment

Dear all X2 user,
                              Appologize deeply for my mistake for this problem that the red led aways lights and power fail.
                              I describe it here and try my best to do some rescue.

features: The red LED aways lights even pressing power button,fail to power on. It now aways appearance, it is a small probability event, but will lock the CPU into recovery mode even power again (recovery mode is one of the CPU modes, waiting for download the image from USB cable). Two ways to rescue the device, replace the resistance to a 47K resistance, or update image to remove the power button function.
                              route cause: There is a up-pull resistance to a aways on power VCC_RTC to drive the LED. For the resistance value 1K is too small to lead a 1.2V leakage to the CPU and then to eMMC. The eMMC power should be no power supply when waiting pressing power on button, but there is 1.2V exist.
                              solution: two ways: 1,replace the 1K resistance to 47K, the leakage will be lower than 0.4V, which is in safe state. 2,remove the state waiting pressing power on button in the software. The first method is adopted all the way, but this time a SMT error takes place.

Why we hadnot notice it so many long times? We had used two eMMC chips. We had noticed this leakage when introducing the new eMMC, so we update the BOM the same time using new eMMC. But this batch manufacture at 20150910, it is 2380 pieces,there is a package old eMMC 1360 piece need to be used .The SMT switch to the old BOM in the view of the old eMMC and heard that the two eMMC is pin-pin compatible.

I upload a image for this issue. It removes the power button functions based on version 202K4.
                              feature: 1, the same as 202k4 except the POWER BUTTON function and OTA. such as, 720p60 resolutions and Mbox logo.
                              update method: USB cable.
                              download link:https://mega.nz/#!ooxkAIKC!bT9RYSycd...wgsDy4ktR2e2OY

This version do not have OTA . I will upload newer one with OTA tonight and will be updated and served the same as the normal version.

The attached picture signs the error resistance. If replace this resistance to 40K~60K ,it will be ok.

Sorry and thanks for you read the whole article.
                              Hi,
                              Change the resistor it is not for someone. The resistir is a micro smd. Only personal qualificated and with equipament can change it.
                              I waiting solve it only with new firmware. But we need a new soft that can be updatable.!

Comment

Working...
                              X