Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunvell H3 2/16GB ROM TV Box Allwinner H3 Android 7.0 2.4G WiFi 100Mbps Support 4K H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunvell H3 2/16GB ROM TV Box Allwinner H3 Android 7.0 2.4G WiFi 100Mbps Support 4K H.265

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817124629_74695.jpg
Views:	4027
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	740821Specification

Brand: Sunvell
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 7.0
    CPU: Allwinner H3
    Core: Cortex A7,Quad Core
    RAM: 2G
    RAM Type: DDR3L
    ROM: 16G
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 64GB (not included)
    Decoder Format: H.264
    Video format: ASF,AVI,DAT,FLV,ISO,MKV,MOV,MPEG,MPG,RM,RMVB,TS,VO B,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,AC3,APE,DDP,DTS,FLAC,HD,MP3,OGG,TrueHD,WAV,WMA
    Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
    5G WiFi: No
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,RJ45,TF card,USB2.0
    Antenna: No
    Camera: Without
    Language: Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video
    External Subtitle Supported: No
    HDMI Function: HDCP
    Power Consumption.: 10W
    RJ45 Port Speed: 100Mbps
    System Bit: 64Bit
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA Battery ( not included )
    Product weight: 0.1500 kg
    Package weight: 0.3400 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 9.20 x 9.20 x 1.70 cm / 3.62 x 3.62 x 0.67 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 9.60 x 5.20 cm / 6.3 x 3.78 x 2.05 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x English Manual
    Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

I've been looking for another H3 box for awhile. Never expected to see one again actually. I really hope it will boot Orange Pi PC builds like the Beelink X2. With 2Gb it should be real fun to play around with. Can't wait!

Comment

Firmware?

Comment

Well, they don't seem to boot Orange Pi builds. I stuck in a card with Lakka RetroArch and it will not boot, no lights at all when plugged in. Huge bummer!

The box itself seems fast, responds quick and installs apps very fast. I have some Android 6.0 boxes that take forever to install apps, like 3-5 minutes or so. This one, a few seconds and done. Unfortunately that's about all I could test because I checked CPU-Z and it was running way too hot. After being on for only about 10 minutes installing apps and setting things up, the CPU was 89C! I shut her right down. I'll have to crack into it and see if this has any kind of heatsink at all.

Comment

They have a heatsink but I think the problem is that it is upside down and traps the hot air as the only vent holes are on the bottom cover. Too bad the bottom cover is not a metal plate that you could heatsink to. I did the next best thing and put foil tape on the inside of the cover, a few layers thick. Then I used 4 thermal pads to heatsink it to the foil. The pads are from a bunch that I salvaged from dead Xbox 360's years ago. Dropped the temps about 20 degrees. Stock box was idling at 75C, with added thermal pads, it idles at 55C. Running heavy it tops in the high 60's instead of high 80's.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

really need firmware for this box... i bought two of them

Comment

Mine are on android 7.1.2 and rooted. Came with that God awful MediaBox launcher that all these boxes seem to come with, but Apex launcher installs and works great. The navigation bar has a glitchy pop up animation, that is fixed by disabling window animations in the developer settings. Also, it doesn't seem to have too much support for different gamepads but 360 and PS4 are working.

Comment

I was wrong before, they do boot orange pi builds!

I don't know if I didn't wait long enough before or what but I have a Lakka Retroarch build booting on it now. Takes about 8-10 seconds for it to light up. Lakka still beats the pants off RetroOrangePi 4.2 for emulation speed BTW.

Comment

YUP, a FIRMWARE image for this box sure would be nice. I bricked one messing around with Beelink SD images. It would also be nice if this box had a power button.

I wish I knew how to dump an image from a working box.... no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by relaxxxrrr View Post
                    YUP, a FIRMWARE image for this box sure would be nice. I bricked one messing around with Beelink SD images. It would also be nice if this box had a power button.

I wish I knew how to dump an image from a working box.... no idea.
                    agreed! i have another box but have no idea how to backup the image... if i did it would solve all problems... the old beelink images with android 4 work on these boxes... except wifi... regardless we need a firmware image for this or another allwinner h3 android 7 box

i have asked gearbest for firmware but request denied

Comment

Sooooooooo....

I flashed my box with the OrangePi PC Android 7 image... it works and I can see that the wifi even works.... BUT...

The whole settings menu is Chinese and after a lot of stumbling I got it changed to English. Best I can tell anyone; the Language option is the icon with globe, the ball with the grid inside, under the "G" Google icon. Click on the ball and the first option, there should be a "+" to add language...

Comment

Hey relaxxrrr,

could you please share a link for downloading the image. I can only find the 4.4 version.

Thank you

Comment

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadreso...8dc01075d.html

It's not the greatest. No navigation, no root, but I guess it's better than a brick.

I installed with PhoenixSuit_V1.10

Comment

BTW, I installed it with PhoenixSuit_V1.10

Comment

Originally posted by relaxxxrrr View Post
                              http://www.orangepi.org/downloadreso...8dc01075d.html

It's not the greatest. No navigation, no root, but I guess it's better than a brick.

I installed with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
                              Hi wifi is working ?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X