Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

download and install the program PhoenixCard Tool on your computer
    The instruction is in Russian - I think to make a translation in our time is not a problem
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=82248937

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
      download and install the program PhoenixCard Tool on your computer
      The instruction is in Russian - I think to make a translation in our time is not a problem
      https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=82248937

Hi , thanks for the instructions , i made the translation but i get an error on step 6 when i try to burn the sd card says fail to burn , i tried different cards but still the same error , here i leave the english translation about the russian post

1) Download PhoenixCard Attached file PhoenixCard_V3.1.0.zip (2.32 MB)
      and unzip it somewhere on the computer.
      2) Go to the folder and run the file PhoenixCard.exe.
      3) We take a clean microSD card with a capacity of at least 2 GB and insert it into the computer's card reader.
      4) In PhoenixCard, select the microSD letter of the card and click DiskCheck.
      5) Press the Img File button and select the official .img format firmware.
      6) Click Format to Normal. After the message about the successful formatting appears, press the Burn button.
      7) After the firmware is written to the microSD card (the blue indication bar is full), turn off the program and safely remove the card from the card reader.
      8) Turn off the box with a power plug and insert a card into it. Turn on the box.
      9) A green indicator will appear showing the firmware process. He will walk slowly and even stand in some place for a long time.
      Wait for the end of the recording and the message on top of the "Card OK" indicator. This means that the box was sewn.
      10) We pull out the power supply box from the network and remove the microSD card. We turn on the box, the first download lasts a long time, wait for the end.
      11) In order to use the SD card later, you need to format it completely by deleting and creating the partition. The PhoenixCard program creates a partition on the map that Windows does not see and as a result,
      the card reduces its size by about the size of the partition with the firmware. The easiest way to do this is with the Rufus program Attached file rufus-3.4.exe (1008,05 КБ)
      Format this program, just uncheck the "create a boot disk" and put the file system FAT32. Or who can do everything with the Windows command line or with almost any disk manager

Comment

Discovered something new. Streaming Blue Ray rip in very high quality causes a lot of stop and halt..buffering...buffering....buffering.
        When I first noticed this I was trying to watch a BD rip approx 30 GB in size via cat 6 cable from file server over a GB switch. I can stream the same file to pc without any stuttering, buffering or problems. But tanix tx6 will stop after 5 minutes or so and start buffering. Start playing for 5 minutes and then buffer again. And so it went. I checked a few dvd rips and they seem all to work without buffering stops. I didn't watch complete movies just watched about 10 minutes passages on a few rips.

I thought maybe the share files size was causing the issues so I ripped the same BD with a little compression, 1080p, file size now about 12 GB. A little longer between each buffering stop but still stopping to buffer. This I need to find a work around for. Or the Tanix Tx6 does not make sense. I already had to settle regarding the no-working-spdif-audio-out but if I can't even stream from my home network Tanix tx 6 is totally useless.

Any ideas how to avoid the buffering? Is there a magic hidden setting I might have overlooked?

Comment

Hi all!
          I flashed the 0228 firmware and have done the OTA updates. Should my Alice ux icon also say lite edition?

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post
            Discovered something new. Streaming Blue Ray rip in very high quality causes a lot of stop and halt..buffering...buffering....buffering.
            When I first noticed this I was trying to watch a BD rip approx 30 GB in size via cat 6 cable from file server over a GB switch. I can stream the same file to pc without any stuttering, buffering or problems. But tanix tx6 will stop after 5 minutes or so and start buffering. Start playing for 5 minutes and then buffer again. And so it went. I checked a few dvd rips and they seem all to work without buffering stops. I didn't watch complete movies just watched about 10 minutes passages on a few rips.

I thought maybe the share files size was causing the issues so I ripped the same BD with a little compression, 1080p, file size now about 12 GB. A little longer between each buffering stop but still stopping to buffer. This I need to find a work around for. Or the Tanix Tx6 does not make sense. I already had to settle regarding the no-working-spdif-audio-out but if I can't even stream from my home network Tanix tx 6 is totally useless.

Any ideas how to avoid the buffering? Is there a magic hidden setting I might have overlooked?
            Hi,
            I have 3 NAS and DLNA in my set up, all hardwired as is the TX6. Never is more than 1 recognized at a time and totally inconsistently as to which one it will pick up.
            I think its a connectivity issue which needs to be addressed in software. I'm waiting for a new AVR and cables before flashing the firmware reverting back to Android 7 (actually trying superceleron SVC1 ROM as I can't find the Tanix version anywhere) and will report back as to whether it addresses the stuttering, frame drops and connectivity issues. Good luck till then.

Comment

Originally posted by Warchild View Post

Hi,
              I have 3 NAS and DLNA in my set up, all hardwired as is the TX6. Never is more than 1 recognized at a time and totally inconsistently as to which one it will pick up.
              I think its a connectivity issue which needs to be addressed in software. I'm waiting for a new AVR and cables before flashing the firmware reverting back to Android 7 (actually trying superceleron SVC1 ROM as I can't find the Tanix version anywhere) and will report back as to whether it addresses the stuttering, frame drops and connectivity issues. Good luck till then.
              First of all, thank you sir. I will be watching to see what you find. In the start I was kind of thinking downrgading to Android 7 was a bad thing. Now I am thinking if it works for you and you get a more stable device I need to follow suite and do the same. Because that Tx6 is almost useless as it sits right now. And whats worse is that a brand new box like this should not be so closely on the edge edge to ende up in the landfill. That is just bad for the environment.

Had a look see on the DLNA protocol and what media format it supports and it seems like DLNA is getting old.
              Seems like the most used H264 is not an option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FwWP0Ij.jpg?1.jpg
Views:	1585
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	773929

Comment

new software for TX6 option 2*16 - TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190506 - from May 6

https://mega.nz/#!x3JSgKBL!tcePYrluq...HY_f6PCd2vI36o
                Last edited by Hikvision; 05-30-2019, 08:12.

Comment

Hikvision What does Tx6 option 2 * 16 means? Are there released different versions of this box?

Comment

It exsist version 2GB ram and 16GB rom, without bluetooth and 5,8GHz WiFi (TX6-P). I saw, now existing mini version of TX6 (also 2/16 ?GB) with smaller plastic case.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post
                      Hikvision What does Tx6 option 2 * 16 means? Are there released different versions of this box?
                      there are three options - 2*16, 4*32 and 4*64

Comment

new software for TX6 option 2*16 - TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190506

https://mega.nz/fm/E7pDHb6b
                        Hikivision,

I tried to access the link but it just ask me to login but something showed up. Do you mind to check the link again.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbnm3817 View Post

Hikivision,

I tried to access the link but it just ask me to login but something showed up. Do you mind to check the link again.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, tried it but there is issue with 'This device is not activated yet, please contact your vendor'

Comment

no problem, the forum has my instructions on what to do in this case - page 12, рosts: 175
                              if you want to quickly solve the problem - write the MAC of your box

Comment

no problem, the forum has my instructions on what to do in this case - page 12, рosts: 175
                                if you want to quickly solve the problem - write the MAC of your box
                                Its works! Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X