Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post

there are three options - 2*16, 4*32 and 4*64
    So three variants of the Tx6. What sets them apart?

This is the specs for my tx6 - it it not clear to me which version I have:
    • CPU: AllWinner H6, Quad core CPU
    • GPU: Mali-720 MP2
    • RAM: 4GB DDR3
    • Storage: 32GB eMMC
    • Wifi: Dual band 2.4Ghz/5Ghz
    • Bluetooth: 5.0
    • USB: 2 x USB 2.0 + 1 x USB 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
      It exsist version 2GB ram and 16GB rom, without bluetooth and 5,8GHz WiFi (TX6-P). I saw, now existing mini version of TX6 (also 2/16 ?GB) with smaller plastic case.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
      Oh ok. Now I see. It refers to amount of RAM and storage. So when my box got 4GB RAM and 32 GB ROM I got a 4*32 then?

Comment

Yeah, or 4/32.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

new software for TX6 option 2*16 - Tanix-TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190507 - from May 7

https://mega.nz/#!YqZk2SZL!oCzgTeXBq...C1j6eefPJqVVaY

Comment

I have seen four different versions of the Tanix TX6 advertised.

There is the 4/32GB with 5G wifi and bluetooth that is under discussion here.

Have also seen a 4/64GB with 5G wifi and bluetooth.

Have also seen a TX6-A or TX6-P advertised that looks the same with front panel display and external antenna, but has has 2/16GB memory and only 2.4 wifi and no bluetooth.

Have also seen a TX6 mini that has the same processor, but a different case without a display and no external antenna. It has 2/16GB memory, only 2.4 wifi and no bluetooth.

The Tanix website only shows the 4/32GB version and the firmware download says it is for the 4GB ram versions only.

Comment

Device in use: Tanix Tx 6 with 4GB RAM. Android 9. Latest firmware.
              Blue Ray's ripped with BD Clone. Ripped to Mkv. For testing purpose I ripped the same BD into 32 GB size and 12 GB ish.
              Result; 32 GB BD rip is totally useless. Too much buffering even after a few minutes of play time. The smaller file only buffer once, upon initial loading of the mkv file. But still there is stuttering and uneven flow of picture when camera moves quickly. This stuttering is so pronounced that I feel it makes Tx6 useless as device to stream BD rips content over network.

Today I swapped cat 5 cables for cat 6 shielded cables. Hoping this would solve my problems. Still same issues. When I try to play BD rips via network AKA streaming I always get a little buffering in the start. That I can live with. But on busy scenes the lag and stuttering makes me wanna stop the movie rather then enjoying it. If I stream movie from network via laptop to TV I get no stuttering so that means my effort in ripping BD's should be fine, yes?

I wonder if there is a setting I have overlooked either in system settings on TX6 or in Kodi settings? For best picture quality I would like to play movies in 1080p. And made sure I chose that in system settings as well in Kodi settings.Because I only plan on using Tx6 for streaming via home network I chose 1080p/24Hz as that seems to be the most used on BD's. And then I should not have issues with 1080i drawing up the picture twice in rapid scenes with lots of movements. Well so much for the theory. In real life I still suffer from stuttering av lag in fast moving scenes even with 1080p/24Hz settings activated. Could the stuttering and jerky video playback simply be because the Tanix Tx6 gets too hot when I try to play large MKV files, excess heat might make CPU and GPU throttle back? Reason I ask is I saw I picture of a Tx6 with an added fan to ensure proper cooling.

Recap:
              1. BD rips stutter.(could adding cooling fan help with jerky and stuttering video?)
              2. Spdif out not working.
              Are anyone else having success streaming mkv BD rips with Tx6 4*32 version with Android 9 in 1080p resolution? If so could you share your settings or any tricks you did to make Tx6 stream via home network without stuttering or lag?

Is there any other solutions to these two problems other then downgrading to Android 7?
              Last edited by blackholesun; 06-01-2019, 00:44.

Comment

Received my new AVR today. Everything SOA, or as near as I can afford. No passthrough with HDMI. No SPDIF at all. (It is soldered in correctly so . . . software?) Have to partition a computer for Windows (all FreeBSD and Linux here) and then I'll flash 7.0 and see what happens. I have some trepidations as I have the 4/64. Flash may not take? We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Warchild View Post
                  Received my new AVR today. Everything SOA, or as near as I can afford. No passthrough with HDMI. No SPDIF at all. (It is soldered in correctly so . . . software?) Have to partition a computer for Windows (all FreeBSD and Linux here) and then I'll flash 7.0 and see what happens. I have some trepidations as I have the 4/64. Flash may not take? We'll see.
                  Have you read the thread for the @superceleron SVC1 ROM? Seems people get stuck after installing that custom ROM. It appears Tanix have started to put in some security sw that prevents people to use custom ROM. After flashing custom ROM people get a message to activate the box. From what I understand there is a work around if you send your device MAC to superceleron, just thought I should make sure you are informed before you start flashing. That way you can try to PM superceleron before you do the flash, so you can have the activating code ready and at hand for when the flashing is done.

See the first reported CVS1 ROM issue here
                  And a different response to that here

Seems like the dude jjones at russian board have a solution

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post

Have you read the thread for the @superceleron SVC1 ROM? Seems people get stuck after installing that custom ROM. It appears Tanix have started to put in some security sw that prevents people to use custom ROM. After flashing custom ROM people get a message to activate the box. From what I understand there is a work around if you send your device MAC to superceleron, just thought I should make sure you are informed before you start flashing. That way you can try to PM superceleron before you do the flash, so you can have the activating code ready and at hand for when the flashing is done.

I have the activation code. Thanks

I remember why I don't use windows! I could not get the firmware to flash at all. Nox just said boot and PhSuit just said no device. Very frustrating. Quit before I broke stuff. I'll try again tomorrow.
                    Last edited by Warchild; 06-01-2019, 05:56.

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post

That's why the SD method for me worked nicely which was also recommended by jjonas at 4pda. I went from Stock Android 9 with the security block to SVC1 by SD method. No activation messages. My guess is that this method wipes everything clean. The USB cable method doesn't seem to work on newer boxes or at least mine. It looks like they have blocked it.

superceleron isn't going to update anything regarding how to override the security cause he's affiliated or related to party or company that put the fix in the first place. Guy's gotta protect his day job.

Comment

Originally posted by ladesa View Post
                        The USB cable method doesn't seem to work on newer boxes or at least mine. It looks like they have blocked it.
                        PhoenixCard and PhoenixSuit - work equally well with different firmware.
                        If there are problems with PhoenixSuit, it means that the drivers are not properly installed on the computer.
                        If there are problems with PhoenixCard, it means that the libraries are not installed on the computer.
                        I note - our box is very difficult to kill, almost impossible

Comment

PhoenixCard and PhoenixSuit - work equally well with different firmware.
                          If there are problems with PhoenixSuit, it means that the drivers are not properly installed on the computer.
                          If there are problems with PhoenixCard, it means that the libraries are not installed on the computer.
                          I note - our box is very difficult to kill, almost impossible
                          I agree that this box is resilient! But I cannot get superceleron's DVC file to either flash or load from SD or even USB. I'm fatigued. Is there a version of the original 7.0 firmware floating around?

Comment

on this site two firmware android 7

Comment

on this site two firmware android 7

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/?s=tx6
                              I actually found this early this morning. Have downloaded it and getting ready to boot into windows and try and flash an SD card. Thanks for looking out for me!

Comment

Originally posted by ladesa View Post

That's why the SD method for me worked nicely which was also recommended by jjonas at 4pda. I went from Stock Android 9 with the security block to SVC1 by SD method. No activation messages. My guess is that this method wipes everything clean. The USB cable method doesn't seem to work on newer boxes or at least mine. It looks like they have blocked it.

superceleron isn't going to update anything regarding how to override the security cause he's affiliated or related to party or company that put the fix in the first place. Guy's gotta protect his day job.
                                Oh ok thx for clearifying.

Just be sure before I try myself, is this the way to downgrade Tanix Tx 6 4*32 to Android 7 using the custom ROM from superceleron?

1: Download SVC1 from this thread

2: Either use (download link) PhoenixCard.exe or (downlaod link) PhoenixSuit.exe - (PhoenixCard preferred for English text during burn in - phoenixsuit is in chinese)

3: Use SD micro card rather then USB to flash Tanix Tx6.

4:Follow the step by step guide from forumuser lorept in this post?

Originally posted by lorept
                                1) Download PhoenixCard Attached file PhoenixCard_V3.1.0.zip (2.32 MB)
                                and unzip it somewhere on the computer.
                                2) Go to the folder and run the file PhoenixCard.exe.
                                3) We take a clean microSD card with a capacity of at least 2 GB and insert it into the computer's card reader.
                                4) In PhoenixCard, select the microSD letter of the card and click DiskCheck.
                                5) Press the Img File button and select the official .img format firmware.
                                6) Click Format to Normal. After the message about the successful formatting appears, press the Burn button.
                                7) After the firmware is written to the microSD card (the blue indication bar is full), turn off the program and safely remove the card from the card reader.
                                8) Turn off the box with a power plug and insert a card into it. Turn on the box.
                                9) A green indicator will appear showing the firmware process. He will walk slowly and even stand in some place for a long time.
                                Wait for the end of the recording and the message on top of the "Card OK" indicator. This means that the box was sewn.
                                10) We pull out the power supply box from the network and remove the microSD card. We turn on the box, the first download lasts a long time, wait for the end.
                                11) In order to use the SD card later, you need to format it completely by deleting and creating the partition. The PhoenixCard program creates a partition on the map that Windows does not see and as a result,
                                the card reduces its size by about the size of the partition with the firmware. The easiest way to do this is with the Rufus program Attached file rufus-3.4.exe (1008,05 КБ)
                                Format this program, just uncheck the "create a boot disk" and put the file system FAT32. Or who can do everything with the Windows command line or with almost any disk manager

For anyone that wants the older stock Android 7 firmware for the Tanix6 you can download it from Chinagadgetreviews
                                Last edited by blackholesun; 06-01-2019, 18:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X