Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    if I flash another version in the chance it'll not be there or am I stuck with it now until I fix it right
    version 12.19.2018 ???? !!! is a stone age)))
    there are a lot of errors and flaws in this firmware
    see the table and put the latest software
    let's take it in order
    What is the inscription on your TX6 or Tanix box?
    What version of software did you have when buying?
    Want to install Android 7 or 9?
    mom dear )))
    Attached Files

Comment

It's this great lizard knock-off I ordered from Amazon it was the 2/28 2019 version of pie. All this time it would not do an update know how no way and it ran awful a big fan of the nougat I prefer that if I could that's why when I just dropped this on there I did not see the chart at the time. I use the USB tool got to work today I just ran a couple months ago with the Phoenix card and the other Phoenix and neither would do anything I was happy just to have something work thanks in advance for being so helpful
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        It's this great lizard knock-off I ordered from Amazon it was the 2/28 2019 version of pie.
        software from 28.02 - is in both chains
        Sew software 20190506 or 20190507
        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

New LibreElec?

Next time don't just post a link to the img file, also post the source of the link, like in this case the LibreELEC Forum thread talking about making it work for the TX6.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

New LibreElec?

Next time don't just post a link to the img file, also post the source of the link, like in this case the LibreELEC Forum thread talking about making it work for the TX6.

Thanks.
              Do you know of any links to this particular forum?

This is what I was able to find out so far:
              The LibreELEC user-help and support forums are where our community of staff, developers and experts gather to help solve user problems and hang-out.

This is new image, which includes support for IR and USB3: libreelec-h6.arm-9.80-devel-20190816133027-d484926-tanix-tx6.img.gz

Please report if it works ok. If it does, then I'll prepare PR for this box to be included in LE master and thus nightly images would be available.
              ************************************************** ***************************************

PS. If you *DO NOT* have a 4*32 TX6 with 5 ghz wifi I would strongly suggest that you *DO NOT ATTEMPT* to install this image file on your device untill more is known about it.
              Last edited by c,lei; 08-17-2019, 21:52.

Comment

It is worth buying it? Netflix works via mouse control with the remote control or by normal arrow keys on the remote?

Comment

Originally posted by Letrix View Post
                  It is worth buying it? Netflix works via mouse control with the remote control or by normal arrow keys on the remote?
                  If you want the best performaning device for Netflix then you must get a Google Certified device like Xiaomi MiBox or Fire 4k TV stick or Nvidia Shield.

Even with the Tanix TX6 flaws in software, this device is better than any device running these weaker CPU's: H3, RK3328, RK3318, S905, S905W, old S905X.

So if you plan to get one make sure it has dual-wifi 2.4+5.8 and Bluetooth, some of the cheaper clones are only 2.4 Wifi and some don't have Bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                    Do you know of any links to this particular forum?
                    This is what I had meant, direct link to their Forum thread:
                    How much work is involved in adding support for the Tanix TX6 Allwinner H6 device? I'm familiar with github and compiling images on Ubuntu etc, but don't know the steps required to add a new device to the image. Is this documented anywhere? I have no…

You did one better by directly quoting jernej

This is new image, which includes support for IR and USB3: libreelec-h6.arm-9.80-devel-20190816133027-d484926-tanix-tx6.img.gz

Please report if it works ok. If it does, then I'll prepare PR for this box to be included in LE master and thus nightly images would be available.
                    So seems like this LE image is being green lit, Pull Request submitted to get merged in LE master git. So everybody feel free to test it out, nightlies should be available within 2 weeks.

Comment

If you want the best performaning device for Netflix then you must get a Google Certified device like Xiaomi MiBox or Fire 4k TV stick or Nvidia Shield.

Even with the Tanix TX6 flaws in software, this device is better than any device running these weaker CPU's: H3, RK3328, RK3318, S905, S905W, old S905X.

So if you plan to get one make sure it has dual-wifi 2.4+5.8 and Bluetooth, some of the cheaper clones are only 2.4 Wifi and some don't have Bluetooth.
                      Thanks for responde. Yes, I choose this TV Box because of the CPU and it software.
                      I only need to Netflix to run and to be able to watch anything, the quality must be at least SD, and to be used with the original remote control.
                      What should I buy, the one with Tanix or TX6 inscription?
                      Also, I read than this device has problems with the temperatures, this happens on all models and storage configurations?

What other model do you recommend for less than $40? I was thinking on the Mecool M8s Pro L with S912 but it seems that the old software doesn't support Netflix.

P.S.: Is the x96 Mini 2RAM/16GB suitable for normal use of Netflix SD and YouTube? (not for me)
                      Last edited by Letrix; 08-19-2019, 00:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Letrix View Post
                        I only need to Netflix to run and to be able to watch anything, the quality must be at least SD, and to be used with the original remote control.
                        What should I buy, the one with Tanix or TX6 inscription?
                        If box is not Google Certified then only will be Netflix mobile app in SD quality 480p. All original remotes suck, always plan to get an extra Air-mouse remote with any new tv box purchase, the G20 remote is a good choice found on Gearbest.com or any of the other wireless air-mouse/keyboard combos.

Also, I read than this device has problems with the temperatures, this happens on all models and storage configurations?
                        Yes, all models and configurations. If you know how to work on PCB's then you can take small heatsink off and install larger one or have solid metal heatsink connected to bigger thermalpad properly. Is actually best to just turn this device upside down, remove the bottom plate and have USB powered 100mm pc fan sit on top of the housing.

What other model do you recommend for less than $40? I was thinking on the Mecool M8s Pro L with S912 but it seems that the old software doesn't support Netflix.
                        Yes, if you can find any S912-3GB/32GB devices on sale then those devices are still really good and you have options for software like custom firmwares, or CoreELEC OS for Kodi, or Lakka Gaming Emulator, and I even think there are some Linux distros like Debian.

For under $40 is really hard to say any are Great choices. The best device that's goes on sale regularly for under $40 is Amazon 4k Firestick, but you are stuck with the Amazon OS which is trying to sell you something all the time and tracking everything you do. Devices with S905x2 chips which are really good have a few around $40 price like the Mecool has 2GB/16GB KM9 Classic that has AndroidTV OS but crap wifi antenna, Gearbest.com had the 2GB/16GB Magicsee N5-Max on sale for under $40 the other day.

P.S.: Is the x96 Mini 2RAM/16GB suitable for normal use of Netflix SD and YouTube? (not for me)
                        The X96mini with the S905W chip is not the best device, they have problems because they are underpowered, but if they are someone with limited cash and find the X96mini for under $25 then it is a good starter device.

If you want to take a gamble H96 just released the H96min-H6 which is Allwinner H6 chipped device also with 4GB ram ~ 128GB storage, a distributor had a YouTube video debuting the device with it showing it have an Antutu Benchmark score of 70,000. That score is higher than normal partly due to its large storage, no MicroSDcard slot in device because of large storage; but maybe maybe H96 company was able to figure out how to make a better firmware for H6 compared to Tanix and all the rest. If you buy those devices directly from H96 is only $40 https://www.h96tvbox.com/home/75-h96...id-tv-box.html

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

Yes it does if it recognizes/supports the the drive format. If you run into a problem outside of this, try using a *POWERED* USB HUB. with the drive.
                          Thanks for the answer - how would a usb hub help? Do you mean using a Y cable to power the hdd enclosure from a powered usb hub port? Yeah, I guess that should work.

Classic that has AndroidTV OS but crap wifi antenna, Gearbest.com had the 2GB/16GB Magicsee N5-Max on sale for under $40 the other day.

Still on sale here. Which one should I get to use as a media center to only play local media from an attached HDD?

Comment

ok, got my second tx6 box, this one has the logo tx6 unlike the other one, and has firmware dated 20190506. Pretty much the same firmware as 20190507, except for the boot up screen. I flashed the 0507 firmware onto this box using the phoenixcard program and it flashed without and trouble, no activation needed. After some time I flashed back the original firmware the box came with. I'm not sure why people are complaining about these boxes, I have been using them for a few days now and not have had any issues. Video playback is flawless, 4k youtube videos play flawlessly. Kodi works great. and wifi is pretty good as well. I also got two other new boxes, tx5 pro, they come with android 8.1 and use the s905x cpu, pretty much the same interface as these tx6 boxes and they also work good. No issues on any of the boxes, touchwood.

Comment

Please help! Bit of a Noob here. Well, kinda.

I was having issues so I reset it to factory settings and it is now showing as Non Google Certified, (However the play Store works fine which I think is weird) and one of the Apps I use most to stream, DSTV Now ( It's a pay TV network here in South Africa ) tells me it can't play because my device is not Play Certified.
                              Before the factory reset it did not give me this issue

I have gone through the "Register my Device" process via https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/ repeatedly but it still shows up as Uncertified.

I have also tried to download and install the latest update on the TX6 downloads page but cannot get any of the software to create a bootable disk image to try push it to the most recent build in the hope that one is certified.

I see people have similar issues with Netflix as I have had with DSTV Now, so I'm hoping there is some kind of workaround, any ideas will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by blameis View Post

Thanks for the answer - how would a usb hub help? Do you mean using a Y cable to power the hdd enclosure from a powered usb hub port? Yeah, I guess that should work.

????? How can you *NOT KNOW* what a powered usb hub is? And no,I'm not talking about using a a Y cable to power the hdd enclosure,I'm taking about a usb hub that has a port for a 5volt adapter like a cellphone or tablet uses.

https://www.google.com/search?q=powe...utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-.../dp/B00DQFGH80

Still on sale here. Which one should I get to use as a media center to only play local media from an attached HDD?
                                Doesn't really matter. Pretty much all chinese made ones like the TX6 will. Older/Orginal Roku devices used to, not sure about the newer ones. Also not sure if Firesticks or Chromecast devices or ones like them ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X