Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tzr808 View Post

with magisk i had the same problem... no boot at the reboot
    i installed again the rom, may version, using cable linked to pc and the tanix reborn!
    it work perfectluy till today!
    try the flash again...

no more magisk for me before i am sure about it!
    Yes I did install it finally using phoenix suite & usb to usb cable. Working fine now. No more magisk for me as well. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by neutronzzz View Post

download firmware from this post:

then burn it with phoenix card, u can found it here:

after success burn the FW, trun off ur TX6, insert the card then turn it on again. it will start flashing ur TX6. its work on my TX6
      Phoenix card didn't work at box was completely dead. Was not powering on as well. Finally installed firmware using phoenix suite & usb to usb cable. Working fine now. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sangramd21 View Post

Phoenix card didn't work at box was completely dead. Was not powering on as well. Finally installed firmware using phoenix suite & usb to usb cable. Working fine now. Cheers.
        @sangramd21 which one firmware have you installed finally?

Comment

Originally posted by Kotalke View Post

@sangramd21 which one firmware have you installed finally?
          "Tanix_H6_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img" , downloaded from official site.

Comment

Originally posted by neutronzzz View Post
            real tanix TX6 has no problem when playing 4k video, smooth and no lag

have u try this firmware?
            https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ro-tv-box.html
            yes that's actually one of the first i tried it's not helping sadly

Comment

Originally posted by sangramd21 View Post

"Tanix_H6_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img" , downloaded from official site.
              Thank you very much! Maybe I try this firmware too and find out if the codecs are working properly with my IPTV.

I have a little problem with 5.1 surround audio codec.

Comment

Ok, so I decided to downgrade my 20190730 firmware to 20190722. Now 5.1 surround audio works... but only in the Kodi stock app (ver. 18.1). All others aplications don't work with 5.1 audio while watching any video (the screen runs smoothly, but with NO sound). I've tried with tons of options, settings, configurations, but nothing helped.

Any suggestions what else I could do or what firmware will support 5.1 sound?

I know that Kodi has its own built in player and codecs.

I've tried the following firmwares:
                20190228 - no WIFI at all, video with 5.1 doesn't start at all.
                20190615 - WIFI only with 2.4 GHz, no 5.0 GHz, video with 5.1 starts, but no sound.
                20190722 (current installed) - both frequencies work, video with 5.1 works, but only in Kodi (ver. 18.1).
                20190730 (version which came from the shop) - both frequencies work, video with 5.1 doesn't work at all (maybe because the Kodi was ver. 18.4).

---
                I have TANIX TX6 4/32GB (WiFi dual Band and Android 9).
                Last edited by Kotalke; 12-18-2019, 13:54.

Comment

Is there any way to get VIPER4X on this device? I've installed BusyBox from playstore too.
                  I'm Using Tanix TX6 4/64 G variant

Comment

Originally posted by STARLORD_1401 View Post
                    Is there any way to get VIPER4X on this device? I've installed BusyBox from playstore too.
                    I'm Using Tanix TX6 4/64 G variant
                    What android version do you have? 7 or 9?

Comment

I know this firmware is for Pendoo X6 Pro, but will it work also with our Tanix TX6? The hardware on both devices are the same. Is it safe to try?

Comment

I know this firmware is for Pendoo X6 Pro, but will it work also with our Tanix TX6? The hardware on both devices are the same. Is it safe to try?
                        It should. I bought a Pendoo box & flashed Tanix fw on it no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zchmoken View Post

It should. I bought a Pendoo box & flashed Tanix fw on it no problem.
                          Thanks! I flashed 20190819 firmware (designed for Pendoo X6 Pro) on my Tanix TX6 4/64 and it works fine. Maybe it's too early to say whether it's all ok or not. Looks like everything works as it should at the moment (5.1 audio still works only while using the Kodi). I have no solution for this 5.1 audio codec. I tried a few different firmwares with Android 7 and 9. I've looked through information on the internet and I discovered that some codecs are just not supported by Android system itself. I need to use the Kodi application in order to play a video file with 5.1 audio codec, because Kodi has its own build codecs. If I want to use my favourite application from Google Play I hear no 5.1 sound because Android doesn't support one and my application uses only Android's stock codecs (in this case it doesn't use any codec I guess).

I just started to wonder if the official Android TV Boxes have the same problem or not.

Comment

Would it be possible to port Android10 from Tanix TX6S model?
                            Or, if I find .img file for it, could I just flash it and expect everything to work?
                            The only difference I see is H616 SoC, maybe the rest of the hardware is the same?

Comment

Not without some modifications I think. TX6S model has a different hardware than TX6, so it means also different drivers.

Comment

Not without some modifications I think. TX6S model has a different hardware than TX6, so it means also different drivers.
                                Thanks. Fingers crossed for someone to port Android10 to our TX6 soon. Performance on my Android9 is just miserable. I would rather keep Android7 which performs much better, but then again, my box is newer version where WiFi doesn't work because of missing drivers. Well, I should be either patient, or search for a new box.

Comment

Working...
                                X