Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letom View Post
    I have this device since last week and the first days it did reboot almost once an hour even being on the home screen without apps running. Then I used a mini fan and since then it never rebooted again. It is obviously a high temperature issue (85 C without the fan, 70 with the fan). It's dissapointing for the device to get heated that much with those specs.

I hoped that the new firmware would fix this problem but had no luck installing the new update: http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...roid-9-update/
    Tried with PhoenixSuite, PhoenixCard and PhoenixUSB Pro. With PhoenixCard the box boots but it gets stuck on TX6 boot logo and does not update. With the other two methods I use a USB Male to USB Male (type A) but the update process doesn't start at all. After plugging the USB in the pc I hear the connecting sound and after a few seconds I hear the disconnecting sound and nothing happens.
    I have exact same problem....on phoenixsuits, i hear the plug sound and then few seconds later unplug sound...and then nothing. ANyone had an idea ?

Comment

Here there buddy I had the same problem and found the solution after putting the 9.0 firmware on phoenix suit I put the usb cable in the computer then on the tx6 box where you put an sd card in there is a button round about there in the cooling grid i will put a picture in. You press that button in with a thin piece of wire or a cocktail stick then put the usb in the usb slot at the bottom of the back of the tx6 and it will connect . I got my firmware from tanix.com firmware and it worked out okay for me.

Comment

Ty !! I didnt know the upgrade button was hidden there...

Ive just tried the last 9.0 update but had a message just after the boot asking me to enter my android code. So i booted recovery and tried to wipe factory data...but i got stuck on the message "Wiping date...formatting/data"...I had to unplug it after 15minutes...

I tried to install other 7.0 firmwares through Phoenixsuit but all of them fail burning.

I installed back the 9.0 firmware from late february, and now im stucked at the TX6 logo...

Seems like a nightmare lol...Is my device dead ?

TY to the community

Comment

I know where the reset (upgrade) button is and of course I pushed it while connecting the usb to the pc. Maybe the problem was that I had windows 10. Tried the same on windows 7 and succeeded. When I connected the box to my TV, it booted normally but after a few minutes the screen froze. I made a reboot and once again it booted normally and froze after a few minutes. On the next reboot it got stuck on the boot logo. I tried to flash the previous firmware but this time when I connected the box to my pc it never responded. I tried to connect it again to my TV but it was dead. I now have to shorten pins to make it come back to life.

Comment

The only firmware that i manage to flash without error/fail is the last 9.0 from late february...all others fail at burning. Problem is TX6 logo boot stuck...And impossible to wipe factory in recovery.

I have no idea how the shorten the pins method.

EDIT: After staying on the TX6 logo boot about for 25mn, the device started properly with Android 9.0 late february rom. Crackling sound bug is not resolved. (sounds crackles after watching 15mn of anything). Maybe itsjust my device, but this bug/failure ruins the box in my case. For those whose box works well, here are few advices :

For those who want to watch Netflix: for me only 3.9.1 version work fully with the remote. (520p max)

Best "Youtube" app is Smart Youtube TV...superb (many many good options)

Best "Movies/Tv shows" app is TeaTV...Very nice but not legal

And i dont forget Deezer for Android TV, the modded version is awesome.
            Last edited by reypepe; 03-25-2019, 04:20.

Comment

Firmware Update: TANIX TX6 update by OTA. In order to get the v20190323, open the pre-installed "UPDATE" APP and check for updates. We are testing and working on issues reported by TANIXERS. You can report your feedback as always.

Changelog (from 20190228):
              1. Improved device's stability
              2. Fixed a low level bug which cause freezing
              3. Kodi update to 18.1

Working on navigation bar (advanced), audio problems (under testing) and other reported issues.

I could not upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
                Firmware Update: TANIX TX6 update by OTA. In order to get the v20190323, open the pre-installed "UPDATE" APP and check for updates. We are testing and working on issues reported by TANIXERS. You can report your feedback as always.

3. Kodi update to 18.1

Working on navigation bar (advanced), audio problems (under testing) and other reported issues.

I could not upgrade
                Are you just working on bar navigation, and status bar? for me it is fundamental because without it I get the sound of notification but I can not see from what

That's why I went back to android 7

Comment

Until now, audio seems to be better with new update....

Bluetooth has still some issue (disconnection), and can someone tell me if Miracast works well ? My experience of miracast on Tx6 is not good, the image of my Xiaomi casted on my TV is so bad...

Comment

[QUOTE=For those who want to watch Netflix: for me only 3.9.1 version work fully with the remote. (520p max)

Best "Youtube" app is Smart Youtube TV...superb (many many good options)

Best "Movies/Tv shows" app is TeaTV...Very nice but not legal

And i dont forget Deezer for Android TV, the modded version is awesome.[/QUOTE

(1) Don't care about Netflix.

(2) NewPipe /NewPipe Legacy is a better app than Smart Youtube TV for watching Youtube. No ads and no personal info used with youtube along with a whole host of quite frankly better options for downloading and viewing youtube videos

Best of all, it has a nice clean interface. None of that Bloated GUI Garbage you seen in apps nowdays and Linux Distros like Fedora which uses that horrid mess called Gnome 3.
                    Last edited by c,lei; 03-28-2019, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post

3. Kodi update to 18.1

I could not upgrade
                      Why couldn't you upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                        Why couldn't you upgrade?
                        It's ok.

Comment

Sound issue (crackling) came back after few hours of media playing on the new firmware...

Comment

Originally posted by reypepe View Post
                            Sound issue (crackling) came back after few hours of media playing on the new firmware...
                            could you be less vague?

Comment

I did OTA update, everythink went well, but unfortunatelly my main objections/problems are still present: netfilx playback is not smooth and I can't activate HBO GO, application exits after trying to open list of operators. Beside this, of course, i don't like UI with almost total lack of home screen configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by grzmar View Post
                                I did OTA update, everythink went well, but unfortunatelly my main objections/problems are still present: netfilx playback is not smooth and I can't activate HBO GO, application exits after trying to open list of operators. Beside this, of course, i don't like UI with almost total lack of home screen configuration.
                                You can't put nova launcher?

Comment

Working...
                                X