Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Kotalke View Post

    Thanks! I flashed 20190819 firmware (designed for Pendoo X6 Pro) on my Tanix TX6 4/64 and it works fine. Maybe it's too early to say whether it's all ok or not. Looks like everything works as it should at the moment (5.1 audio still works only while using the Kodi). I have no solution for this 5.1 audio codec. I tried a few different firmwares with Android 7 and 9. I've looked through information on the internet and I discovered that some codecs are just not supported by Android system itself. I need to use the Kodi application in order to play a video file with 5.1 audio codec, because Kodi has its own build codecs. If I want to use my favourite application from Google Play I hear no 5.1 sound because Android doesn't support one and my application uses only Android's stock codecs (in this case it doesn't use any codec I guess).

    I just started to wonder if the official Android TV Boxes have the same problem or not.
    The reason why it works in Kodi on Android is because Kodi transcodes the sound. Pass through also does not work in Kodi on Android 9 phone. In addition, hevc coded video cannot be stopped and resumed in Kodi. 1080p with transcoded sound does not play smoothly.

    Comment


      Any1 know how to bring this device back to life.....Only BOOT on device nothing on screen
      SD card flash not working......When i hold button near SD card there's nothing(formatted as Product),when formatted as Startup there is logo on screen but nothing more
      USB flash same,Device is not detected,i get message "USB device malfunctioned" over and over.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Munem2x View Post
        Any1 know how to bring this device back to life.....Only BOOT on device nothing on screen
        SD card flash not working......When i hold button near SD card there's nothing(formatted as Product),when formatted as Startup there is logo on screen but nothing more
        USB flash same,Device is not detected,i get message "USB device malfunctioned" over and over.
        Just flashed mine again this morning. Used sdcard but I didn't hold the button. Just power off, insert card and turn it back on. Burned image with phoenixcard & used 'product'.

        Comment


          I have problem with this s****y device every 3 weeks....
          I flashed it more then 4 times(SD flash) with no problem but now i have problem.
          I will try one more time with USB flash,if it still not working i will throw it in garbage

          Comment


            Good day everyone, just found this forum while googling for a solution to my TX6 issues.
            I just got my hand on a TX6 and had some trouble with the audio part.
            My TX6 is a 4GB Ram with 64GB on-board memory. Running Android 9

            My setup is TX6->(HDMI)->AV Receiver->(HDMI)->TV
            Everything is fine till I select Audio Pass-Through in the under Sound setting to HDMI. Whenever DTS or any multi-channel audio is sent from my TX6, my receiver is able to detect it bitstream type (DTS or whatever) but the sound from it is horrible… There is lots of loud cracking and noise from the speakers, making it totally not usable. This same setup works fine on my existing android box (Minix U1). So I believe all cables and receiver should be in good working condition.
            I had tried to read through the 50 pages of posting in this thread, but only cracking in sound listed here is due to overheating, which I believe is not for my case. As mine only happen for audio Pass-Thru with multi-channel audio sources.
            The application that I had tried playing the movies with DTS is Kodi and MX player but both cause the same sound issues. I did try with VLC, but it can’t send the DTS audio stream to my receiver using that. The receiver didn’t detect the DTS with VLC and only provide 2 channels audio.
            I really would like to have this fixed as I wanted to watch my BD ripped movies on this TX6.
            Hence I wonder if anyone here had tried Audio pass-thru and it works flawlessly for TX6 box?
            My firmware has the Build info as p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20190722-184353 test-keys
            Is this the correct and latest firmware? If I do any firmware update, will it wipe all my installed programs? As my unit seems to have lots of pre-installed applications, I don't want to lose them.
            Looking forward for any advice.

            Comment


              Avax hello and welcome to the FreakTab forum.

              So, my TX6 worked for surround sound and Audio-Pass-through with Kodi, VLC, and MXplayerPRO; this is how 1) connected hdmi to Samsung TV for decoding - 2) used SPDIF from TV to old Sony Surround sound system. This worked flawlessly for me with almost every file, but when I purchased a new 2019 Vizio surround sound soundbar system that suggested to use HDMI(ARC) to transmit audio back and forth from to TV to SoundBar system the TX6 now shows only Stereo according to the TV sound info. The problem is either Android 9 or Allwinner not having the correct codecs for proper surround sound, and maybe my old system was just smart enough to upmix the sound or the new system is looking for DRM licenses to use DTS and DolbyDigital and the old system didn't. I have purchased the new Tanix TX6S and hope to see if it will work properly with the Vizio surround sound when I get it in a couple of days.

              Cheers.

              Comment


                Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                Avax hello and welcome to the FreakTab forum.

                So, my TX6 worked for surround sound and Audio-Pass-through with Kodi, VLC, and MXplayerPRO; this is how 1) connected hdmi to Samsung TV for decoding - 2) used SPDIF from TV to old Sony Surround sound system.
                Hi RiCkLaR_atv,
                Glad to hear your experience.
                I am guessing that the 2 TV that I had must be outdated, it will always down sample the audio and output to spdif in stereo. Hence i will never get surround from TV to Receiver.
                I can never get the VLC to play in surround or audio pass thru, don't know what setting I had missed.
                i really hope the TX6 can work. Or if anyone got any model to recommend that fall into TX6 price range and work well decoding BD rip with 4K and surround pass thru, I seriously will consider.
                Again, Thank you for reading and suggesting.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Avax View Post
                  I really would like to have this fixed as I wanted to watch my BD ripped movies on this TX6.
                  Hence I wonder if anyone here had tried Audio pass-thru and it works flawlessly for TX6 box?
                  My firmware has the Build info as p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20190722-184353 test-keys
                  Is this the correct and latest firmware? If I do any firmware update, will it wipe all my installed programs? As my unit seems to have lots of pre-installed applications, I don't want to lose them.
                  Looking forward for any advice.
                  Hi Avax,

                  I must admit that I have tried with 10 or more different firmwares already on my Tanix TX6 4/32 in order to check how the AC3 and DTS work. The best shot was Eachlink-H6-Mini-20181122_V2 firmware. This firmware was able to downmix 5.1 sound to stereo, becasue it has its own built in audio decoder. Maybe it would be the best firmware for you too? Unfortunately, on this firmware the front display (boot and clock) on the box doesn't work at all (v2) or displayed ceaselessly "boot" (v1). It's also android 7, not 9.
                  Have you thought about trying with S/PDIF? I don't have any AV receiver to check whether it works or not with your audio settings.

                  The only speakers I have are the ones installed in my Samsung TV. And I use only HDMI cable.

                  Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                  Avax hello and welcome to the FreakTab forum.

                  I have purchased the new Tanix TX6S and hope to see if it will work properly with the Vizio surround sound when I get it in a couple of days.

                  Cheers.
                  RiCkLaR_atvX,

                  I look forward for your opinion about the new Tanix TX6S model.
                  Will you investigate if it plays AC3 and movies with 5.1 correctly in stock android app like TvdVideo via HDMI?

                  Thanks in advance!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Kotalke View Post
                    ... The best shot was Eachlink-H6-Mini-20181122_V2 firmware. This firmware was able to downmix 5.1 sound to stereo, because it has its own built-in audio decoder. ....
                    ... Have you thought about trying with S/PDIF?
                    Hi Kotalke,
                    My idea is to let my Receiver do the decoding for DTS or AC3 rather than having TX6 to do the decoding. As I believe Receiver should do this job better than TX6. So that firmware which does the downmix just doesn't do the job. TX6 just focus on the picture of the movies.
                    I did think of S/PDIF, but I can't get the S/PDIF port to work too... my receiver just doesn't detect any data from the port. In fact, I still don't know if it is an optical or coaxial S/PDIF.... Also reading back the earlier pages, some fellow owners here also having the issue that S/PDIF is not working. so I kind of give it up for now.
                    Thank you for the advice. Hoping to hear more ideas.

                    Comment


                      Hi,there. Is there a way to change boot logo ?( Not bootanimation) . I would like change Tanix/Pendoo to Tx6.

                      For those want uninstal AliceUx, with no popup asking for settings every Reboot , you just remove first Alice Ux, then, TV settings.apk (not settings.apk), ATV launcher is a good launcher.


                      Thanks.
                      Last edited by tbfa; 01-11-2020, 10:33.

                      Comment


                        How can I get TX6-A firmware ? it has XR819 wifi chip ?

                        Comment


                          Wifi & Bluetooth not working. Please help.

                          Whenever I try to turn on bluetooh on my TX6 a error keeps on popping "Bluetooth keeps stopping".

                          So i tried turning wifi on to see if atleast wifi is working but whenever I try attempting to turn the wifi on in settings the switch remains “greyed out” instead of switching to blue in colour to reflect it is on. I have spent hours trying to remedy this online, and whilst there have been no specific solutions for TX6 device, I have attempted several solutions that I’ve found online for android devices in general but none of these have worked.

                          Using my TX6 on ethernet cable now. Please if someone can help.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sangramd21 View Post
                            Wifi & Bluetooth not working. Please help.

                            Whenever I try to turn on bluetooh on my TX6 a error keeps on popping "Bluetooth keeps stopping".

                            So i tried turning wifi on to see if atleast wifi is working but whenever I try attempting to turn the wifi on in settings the switch remains “greyed out” instead of switching to blue in colour to reflect it is on. I have spent hours trying to remedy this online, and whilst there have been no specific solutions for TX6 device, I have attempted several solutions that I’ve found online for android devices in general but none of these have worked.

                            Using my TX6 on ethernet cable now. Please if someone can help.
                            Check on the bootom but TX6 you have is than TX6-A or just tx 6 ?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by palpunjabi View Post

                              Check on the bootom but TX6 you have is than TX6-A or just tx 6 ?
                              It's TX6

                              Comment


                                https://us16.mailchimp.com/mctx/clic...pool=&subject=

                                Try this firmware
                                Last edited by palpunjabi; 01-18-2020, 10:47.

                                Comment

                                porno
                                pornolar
                                turk porno
                                antalya escort
                                Working...
                                X