No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound issue seems better now, i've tried Miracast and the resolution on my tv is very low...Has anyone ever tried this feature with success ? TY

Comment

Originally posted by Badboyhp8x View Post

It 's mean, is my box not Tanix Tx6???. The seller has gave me a Link and said that is original firmware from Tanix Factory
      Do not worry, you have Tanix TX6 but an option 4* 64 - probably this version has a completely different update path than 4 * 32
      On the 4pda forum they write that for version 4 * 64 they fit without firmware problems from 4 * 32.
      If you want to upgrade to the latest software changes, then install the firmware for example 20190228 and upgrade to 20190419, and if you install 20190114 then upgrade to 20190418
      But first decide whether to flash !!!
      Last edited by Hikvision; 04-23-2019, 07:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
        Do not worry, you have Tanix TX6 but an option 4* 64 - probably this version has a completely different update path than 4 * 32
        On the 4pda forum they write that for version 4 * 64 they fit without firmware problems from 4 * 32.
        If you want to upgrade to the latest software changes, then install the firmware for example 20190228 and upgrade to 20190419, and if you install 20190114 then upgrade to 20190418
        Thanks so much. I ll try with v20190228

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
          hi ..where to get 20190419 update ..im currently running om 20190228 fw ...

Comment

Originally posted by chainsmoker View Post

hi ..where to get 20190419 update ..im currently running om 20190228 fw ...
            open "UPDATE" APP and check for updates.

Comment

someone can upload netflix apk ? i have delete
              i try to download someoen from the store, but not work

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbo80 View Post
                someone can upload netflix apk ? i have delete
                i try to download someoen from the store, but not work
                You can download any Version of Netflix app in apk mirror site.
                If you can't get HD with the newer versions, try the 4.16 version. I have a tv-box in which only the version 4.16 has HD resolution.

Enviado do meu POCOPHONE F1 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

hi i have a 2gb+16gb version, is it possible to update to the fix firmware for the overheat and sound crack?

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbnm3817 View Post
                    hi i have a 2gb+16gb version, is it possible to update to the fix firmware for the overheat and sound crack?
                    There is no such version.You *DON'T* have a TX6. Tx6 devices are 4gig ram-'32/64 gig storage. If you don't know what or can't tell what you have, don't *EVER* screw around with the firmware on it at all,now or in the future.
                    Last edited by c,lei; 05-05-2019, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

There is no such version.You *DON'T* have a TX6. Tx6 devices are 4gig ram-'32/64 gig storage. If you don't know what or can't tell what you have, don't *EVER* screw around with the firmware on it at all,now or in the future.
                      Gearbest is selling 2/16GB TX6's.
                      Those have also only 2.4GHz wifi.
                      Maybe it's one of those.

Comment

How do I send audio out via spdif?

Just received the tanix tx 6. It shipped with Android 9. Latest firmware, or at least so it says when I tried to update.

As of know I only got 2 channel stereo sound from my stero amlifier .So even the dvd's and BD's I ripped for backup and to stream over my home network got 2 channel audio in FLAC. All my ripped cd's are ripped to FLAC as well. And I would like to route the audio via spdif rather then HDMI so that I can listen to flac files via stereo speakers and amplifier rather then trough the tiny tv speakers I get if I choose audio via hdmi.

Initially I thought that routing the audio via spdif was an easy task. So when I first hooked up the Tanix I run a hdmi from the tanix to the TV for GUI and movies. Then I connected the spdif to dac and the dac is connected to the 2 ch stereo receiver. Any thing else I run via that spdif cable will play on my stereo. But the Tanix is dead quiet when I choose spdif rather then HDMI. I even tried to swap optical cables in case the cable was bad. No luck.

In the home screen of tanix tx 6 I entered the settings menu, and went to AUDIO the Audio Output Mode. Here I chose SPDIF. In my mind that should route the audio to the SPDIF. But no sound.
                        So I played around and tried to enable and disable the pass through. Still no audio via spdif. Then I tried the choose only audio_codec, I don't know what that feature really does, for me it didn't do anything. Choosing Hdmi output, the sound goes to my TV. With HDMI chosen I can listen to my music in FLAC and all movies got 2 channel stereo sound as well, but the sound is only on my tv speakers. I need the sound to the external DAC then to the stereo receiver to be able to put my stereo speakers and subwoofer to work.

So I went back to the same audio setting and this time I tried to enable all 3 of them. Still no luck. I then tried to enable and then disable pass through. No sound.

Then I checked the settings in the Kodi (fork?), and there is also a pass trough option. So I tried to change that as well. Back and forth. Disabled and enabled. No sound via spdif.

I think I've been in all audio settings and can not get any sound from my stereo amplifier and speaker/woofer.

1: Could this be a firmware issue?

2: Possible that there is a hardware failure in the tanix tx 6?

3: Is there a hidden toggle I have missed or not turned on that might cause the sound problems?

4: I seem to have some stuttering issues with playing flac audio files via hdmi. Stuttering. is random. If I play the same file on pc, tablet or mobile phone there is no sound issues.

5; Movies plays nice, great picture and sound is great without any hickups. The movies I've ripped are ripped with 2 channel audio in flac. And plays nicely, but problem is hdmi only activates tv speakers. Why do I have problem with flac audio over hdmi but the movies flac files plays perfect?

Comment

I won't have the TX6 until Weds. but I just went through a similar issue with the Magicsee N6 where the SPDIF port turned out to be a headphone jack! I'm hoping for better from Tanix. But one thing, without the box in hand, it seems to use a mini optical connector. Apple started using them in Mac's several years ago. The "mini" end looks like a hollow headphone jack. I presume you know that already. I have noticed that you can still see the red light at the DAC end to tell if its producing.
                          Good luck! I'll probably be in the same boat as you Weds. (My AVR can't handle 4k! or HDMI 2.0)

Comment

Yeah I had access only to standard spdif optical cables, but luckily also a pair of those adaptors that did fit the spdif out. The DAC has red light in the spdif port. No red light in the Tanix spdif out.

I will post the firmware version shortly.

I really hope it is not just a standard analog 3.5 mm headphone jack. One of the main deciding features tto buy this tanix tx6 was support for FLAC and spdif optical output. Because that would work the stereo gear I have. As audio over hdmi will only activate TV speakers.
                            Last edited by blackholesun; 05-06-2019, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackening View Post
                              Gearbest is selling 2/16GB TX6's.
                              Those have also only 2.4GHz wifi.
                              Maybe it's one of those.

If it is, all the more reason *NOT* to flash something if they don't know what they have. Just did a google search and those 2gb+16gb versions are advertised and sold as as TX6-P's on all the sites I've seen so far.

PS. It seems that they are also being sold as Tanix TX6 Mini.

Last edited by c,lei; 05-06-2019, 16:05.

Comment

Got the TX6 early today. No output on the optical . . . will tinker with it later but looks like a dead output at first glance. Also dies trying to play HEVC. Shame I really like it. Hope I can sort it.

Having had a few hours some curious things: Aida 64 and others identify the chip as Amlogic. The box is not passing through digital. It is decoding to PCM stereo, even DTS MA.
                                I'm depressed.
                                Last edited by Warchild; 05-07-2019, 04:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X