Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warchild View Post
    Having had a few hours some curious things: Aida 64 and others identify the chip as Amlogic..
    do not pay attention to the inscription in Aida )))
    in the file build.prop you can change the name even to AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
      do not pay attention to the inscription in Aida )))
      in the file build.prop you can change the name even to AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX
      Nice to know, but sad not being able to trust.
      The box still translates everything to PCM but with fiddling was able to get it to do multi-channel in most apps . . .well, a couple; VLC still passes thru PCM stereo, Kodi does nothing at all, MX says cannot support audio format . . .
      As a 1080p box the picture quality is fine, not as good as the N6 Max but near excellent.
      The SPDIF is soldered in properly but it is dead - no output that I can detect.

Comment

Warchild, from what I gathered from around the internet it seems that one or more firmware versions is the cause for disabled spdif.

If people with tanix tx 6 that has a working spdif and a tanix running android 9 could be so kind to check to see which firmware version you are running that would be very nice of you. I will try to flash a firmware upgrade as soon as I know which firmware version that will enable and activate the spdif out from tanix tx6.

Comment

Got stuck'd in the recovery screen. Even when I try to reboot I can't seem to get past the recovery screen. So then I tried to a factory reset and after that I rebooted. Rather then booting into Alice UI I ended up in the recovery screen again. So now I don't know how to boot back into the GUI again.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post
            Warchild, from what I gathered from around the internet it seems that one or more firmware versions is the cause for disabled spdif.

If people with tanix tx 6 that has a working spdif and a tanix running android 9 could be so kind to check to see which firmware version you are running that would be very nice of you. I will try to flash a firmware upgrade as soon as I know which firmware version that will enable and activate the spdif out from tanix tx6.
            I was speculating on it being a software thing, maybe when they were addressing the overheating, crackly sound thing. My thinking was that using superceleron's custom rom (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...al-android-7-0) might address the issue.

Comment

Hi,

i also stuck in recovery screen, only thing that helped was :

1. forget about alix ui or what it?s called and android 9
              2. download Android 7 custom rom from superceleron
              3. put the image to SD card with phoenix card 3.1 or so....

spent 10 hours with different way, Android 7 image on sd was the only way to recover.

Now i?m stuck with rom on androi 7 but no access to Play Store...

BR

Comment

usti that does not sound good, seems these units are a bit sensitive. Being stuck in recovery mode, and no way to enable the spdif audio out. I can't help but wonder, how in the world did these units pass the QC at the factory?

Are there anyway to get out from recovery mode without downgrading to android 7?

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post
                  usti
                  Are there anyway to get out from recovery mode without downgrading to android 7?
                  Sew with cd (PhoenixSuit) on Android 9

Comment

TX6 Un firmware android 7.1.2 fonctionne parfaitement mais un message d'activation est affich? et le syst?me red?marre au bout de 30 minutes. Avez-vous une solution pour l'activer Merci beaucoup.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hello,
                        I have big problems with your tv box tanix Tx6 Android 9 Bad
                        A firmware android 7.1.2 works perfectly but an activation message is displayed and the system restarts at 30 minutes. Do you have a solution to activate it Thank you very much.

Comment

Android 9 was buggy and unusable and I tested them all version. An Android 7.0 firmware works fine, but an activation message is displayed and the system restarts after 30 minutes. Do you have a solution to activate it Thank you very much.
                          I really have deep pity, for those who uses Android 9 on TX6 total bug.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre Rousseau View Post
                            Android 9 was buggy and unusable and I tested them all version. An Android 7.0 firmware works fine, but an activation message is displayed and the system restarts after 30 minutes. Do you have a solution to activate it Thank you very much.
                            I really have deep pity, for those who uses Android 9 on TX6 total bug.
                            From what I gather there is no other fix other than to flash the official 9 firmware.

Comment

no a Android 9 total bug (Android 7 OK!)
                              Yes android retrofirmware 7 or 8 (not to 9)

Comment

please destroy the total structural anomaly that is Android 9

Comment

Working...
                                X