Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
    Totally agree with you !
    But I bought a TV box not for watching videos and so on, but to increase my knowledge and communication on the forums)

New software installed on Saturday, no problems yet (software installed on the option ТХ6 4*32)
    I registered the TV box on the GOOGLE website and services started working - very simple - 5 minutes of time
    No TWRP for android 9 !
    Yeah. You know what you are doing and why. It's not the same the same thing as knowingly taking a 2*16 single wifi tx6 and flashing it with with the firmware for a 4*32 dual wifi tx6 and saying that's somehow tanix's faullt that it doesn't work.

Comment

Could someone tell me difference between device on the left side and right side? If I flash left firmwares, my device tells: "This device is not activated yet, please contact your vendor"

Comment

Originally posted by Stefanmic74 View Post
        Could someone tell me difference between device on the left side and right side? If I flash left firmwares, my device tells: "This device is not activated yet, please contact your vendor"
        I can ! - I am the author of these columns )
        as you can see - there are two software chains
        one directly from the manufacturer and the other for wholesalers - different boot animation and some trivia

do not be afraid" This device is not activated yet, ...vendor" - activation is very simple
        write me a message with the MAC address of your box and I will write you your activation code

today I'm back to 0516
        Last edited by Hikvision; 06-18-2019, 10:34.

Comment

Hi, just got my TX6 two days ago and enjoying it. First thing I'll mention is Alice UX is not for me.

I have no financial or any other interests in this product but Square Home 3 is an amazing replacement launcher for it. Free version premium features expire in 12 more days and I don't think I'll lose any functionality. Not sure how to make it start up automatically, I just press the icon at this point. Hopefully this saves time for people that are looking for an Alice UX replacement.

More importantly, I have a 21" Quanta touchscreen (aka HP Slate 21 Pro) I'd like to make use of. Unfortunately, it's not working.

It appears that hid-multitouch is not loaded when I do an lsmod in a shell. I've already created a simple .idc file for the and located it appropriately,

I checked the /sys/module directory and there is no hid-multitouch module there so it's left out. Can anyone supply this? It appears that the .c file Google has out there has supported my screen going back to 2012 so it should be in the most current.

Can anyone help out here? Instructions or point me somewhere. I will also make a request to Tanix directly but not getting my hopes up going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterTX6 View Post
            Can anyone help out here?.
            Where is the question? )))

Comment

Hi everyone,

noob member here, I have so many question regarding my Tanix TX6, it would be great if anyone can give me advice on this. Personally I love the box, for its price and for its specs. There are few things I just want to ask and need clarification.

1. I've bought my TX6 in December 2018 with Android 7 and I haven't update it to any Android 9 since from this thread I've learned there are many bugs or downside with the current android 9 image on TX6. Is this true?
              2. Mostly I use my box for Kodi+Debrid access (so lots of HD streaming) to a full HD TV (not 4K) and I can only connect it via wifi to my router (currently on 2.4ghz network), does an update to Android 9 will disable or change any of my uses there? I'm not using ethernet because of the distance and router location.
              3. Using it now on Android 7 with kodi 17.6, I've noticed the playback on most 1080p and some 720p still have minor stuttering and frame skipping (1 every few seconds), and with crackling sound now and then. I set up my Kodi to use hardware acceleration (Mediacodec)+surface and sync the display refresh rate to playback. This minor stuttering and frame skipping is already way better than before I disabled the dirty regions. Can anyone help me with this?
              4. I've also tried Cyberflix and Titanium as comparison to kodi, but most of the HD videos plays with increased speed (normal playback if the same file was played on my Redmi note 4x phone). So I've installed MX Player and add custom codec for the DTS audio, it plays with normal speed but still have stuttering and frameskipping (worse than Kodi).
              5. Because of number 3 and 4 (and googling through many sources) I think the problem is because of the hardware decoding, people said that Allwinner H6 SoC is still bad for decoding HEVC h.265 10 bit files (or somewhere around that), but in some review page of TX6 they benchmarked those videos and they said it was played normally. So which one is it?
              6. Will upgrading to Android 9 will fix that?

Thank you for you help!!

Comment

Where is the question? )))
                The two lines above is one. Can someone supply the hid-multitouch module that would be in the /sys/module directory if the kernel was compiled with multitouch device support.

The second is two. Can anyone give me any instructions or point me somewhere e.g. website, person, etc.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post
                  Thank you for you help!!
                  I recommend that you install Android 9 software and estimate for yourself - 10 minutes of time
                  don't like it - go back (restore backup)

Comment

I recommend that you install Android 9 software and estimate for yourself - 10 minutes of time
                    don't like it - go back (restore backup)
                    And how can I restore backup? dont I have to flash it again?

Comment

Hi,
                      Please could someone tell me where to get the 20190320 version of firmware?
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SoteR2110 View Post
                        And how can I restore backup? dont I have to flash it again?
                        You are now on Android 7, with the help of TWRP make backup.
                        Install the new software Android 9, do not like it, install the Android version 7 and restore the backup using the TWRP
                        Attention! TVRP only for android 7!

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by uservinc View Post
                          Hi,
                          Please could someone tell me where to get the 20190320 version of firmware?.
                          This version came only with a TV box, software I have never met
                          Why this one? it can be replaced

Comment

You are now on Android 7, with the help of TWRP make backup.
                            Install the new software Android 9, do not like it, install the Android version 7 and restore the backup using the TWRP
                            Attention! TVRP only for android 7!

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                            Thanks a bunch!!
                            I will try it and let you know...

Comment

Hi,
                              I need the version 20190320 because someone here said that this is the only version which has the wifi working on android 9.

See, I have got the TX6-A with 4G of RAM but only 2.4GHz wifi without Bluetooth. Wifi worked fine. But since I update to version [TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228] provided by Tanix site itself, the wifi stops working.
                              Could you help please?
                              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by uservinc View Post
                                Hi,
                                I need the version 20190320 because someone here said that this is the only version which has the wifi working on android 9.

See, I have got the TX6-A with 4G of RAM but only 2.4GHz wifi without Bluetooth. Wifi worked fine. But since I update to version [TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228] provided by Tanix site itself, the wifi stops working.
                                Could you help please?
                                Thank you.
                                already answered repeatedly
                                firmware will suit you 20190506 or 20190507

https://mega.nz/#!x3JSgKBL!tcePYrluq...HY_f6PCd2vI36o

https://mega.nz/#!YqZk2SZL!oCzgTeXBq...C1j6eefPJqVVaY
                                Last edited by Hikvision; 06-19-2019, 15:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X