No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there still no solution for tx6 brick devices?

Comment

please explain )))

Comment

Originally posted by uservinc View Post
        Hi,
        I need the version 20190320 because someone here said that this is the only version which has the wifi working on android 9.

See, I have got the TX6-A with 4G of RAM but only 2.4GHz wifi without Bluetooth. Wifi worked fine. But since I update to version [TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228] provided by Tanix site itself, the wifi stops working.
        Could you help please?
        Thank you.
        1) If you don't know what you are doing, don't ever flash a device..
        2) if a device is working, don't ever flash it. This especially applies to people like you.
        3) Actually Read the instructions concering the firmware you are attempting to flash.. Nowhere did Tanix ever say that the TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228 firmware was for a TX6-A with 4G of RAM /2.4GHz wifi without Bluetooth.

Comment

Hi,
          The TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190506 version seems working, but the box displays the following message : The device is not activated yet. Please contact your vendor. It will reboot in 30 minuts.

Could you help please?

Comment

I'm picking up a couple of these to replace my TX3 mini. (4/32 dual wifi)
            I've done some reading but I'm left a bit confused.
            what seems to be the most reliable firmware to use?

Comment

Hi,
              The TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_20190506 version seems working, but the box displays the following message : The device is not activated yet. Please contact your vendor. It will reboot in 30 minuts.
              Could you help please?
              write me a message with the MAC address of your box and I will write you your activation code
              or read the forum - page 12, post 175

Originally posted by IntegraMark View Post
              I'm picking up a couple of these to replace my TX3 mini. (4/32 dual wifi)
              I personally like the TX3 mini more than the TX6
              On the TX3 mini, install the software from the TX3 MAX and it will be even better.
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

Hi,
                The MAC : 04-81-90-31-29-5A

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                  The MAC : 04-81-90-31-29-5A
                  Thank you.
                  cd630627

1.We turn on the box and on the main page dial the numbers 758523 on the remote control of the box and see the activation window on the TV screen
                  2.Enter your activation code in the Code field and click on SET - The inscription at the top of the screen should disappear.

Last edited by Hikvision; 06-20-2019, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by thuongshoo View Post

Both 0507 and 0508. It can only work well within 1-2 days. Maybe my room is quite hot because I live in a tropical climate and no aircondition.
                    Dropping frame issue still occurs but just random or intermittent. I guess that CPU temperature is too hot then some frames are dropped but CPU become cooler than it can work well. Then the sequence repeats
                    Could you possible add a fan to the tannix? It might not look so good with an external fan to the top or side but it will surely increase air trough put and lower the temperatures.

EDIT:Sorry been answered at least twice before my post. Been away for a couple of weeks and tried to read up on the forum. So I rushed to help with my suggestion and didn't check the date of posting, should have known you already got the tip from several persons.
                    Last edited by blackholesun; 06-20-2019, 14:22.

Comment

Tested "Universal_init.d.apk" on my TX6, got the apk from ApkPure.com, worked great to activate init.d scripts. Have tested a few scripts from Ultimate Performance Mod and got slightly improved Geekbench4 Benchmark scores. Still need to try some kernel tweak scripts, tried different CPU governors already, hoping to smooth out system operation and lower CPU temps.

Also tested the Android 9 Temporary TWRP Zip from 4pda, it worked great. First must go to stock recovery then Mount /system then can do flash zip from SDcard.

If you go into developer settings and check running processes, always the System is using 2GB of Ram in Android9, I am on 20190419 firmware still. Anybody have ideas to fix the high ram usage from System?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                        Tested "Universal_init.d.apk" on my TX6, got the apk from ApkPure.com, worked great to activate init.d scripts. Have tested a few scripts from Ultimate Performance Mod and got slightly improved Geekbench4 Benchmark scores. Still need to try some kernel tweak scripts, tried different CPU governors already, hoping to smooth out system operation and lower CPU temps.

Also tested the Android 9 Temporary TWRP Zip from 4pda, it worked great. First must go to stock recovery then Mount /system then can do flash zip from SDcard.

If you go into developer settings and check running processes, always the System is using 2GB of Ram in Android9, I am on 20190419 firmware still. Anybody have ideas to fix the high ram usage from System?

Could you upload this Android 9 Temporary TWRP Zip here or provide a working link to it?

Comment

Sadly the SVC2 custom ROM did not work for the Tanix Tx6 4*32. I did things the same way I did with svc1. It seemed everything worked just fine when I updated to ROM and rebooted. The reboot started a little different from svc1 so I was excited. The UI was a little different. New guide too. I entered all the settings the same as I did with svc1 and tried to play back files over the network. When doing this update I know of three knonw bugs. First that I would loose the tanix display and second that one USB port would vanish. Supposedly remote control shouldn't fully work, so I got a fix for that at hand ready to apply if need be.
                          1. Downloaded superceleron 's Custom ROM SVC2 from this thread
                          2. Formatted the SDmicro first with Rufus3.5.exe
                          3. Used PhoenixCard.exe to burn image file for custom ROM to SDmicro, Make sure you choose PRODUCT rather then startup with the radio button. PhoenixCard is in english btw.
                          4. Turned off power from Tanix Tx6, inserted the SDmicro and powered on.
                          5. Tanix started to flash from SDmicro and within a few minutes the green bar was complete and I could turn off power and remove SDmicro.
                          6. Rebooted Tanix Tx6 and I noticed the boot was a little different then Android 9, and initial boot was a little slow as always with fresh install.
                          7. Android 7 svc2was working very smooth. No more stuttering on videofiles of moderate size. The largest BD rips still was too much but the ones I compressed a little was great, smooth and crisp and clear.
                          8. Sadly svc2 had no audio out no matter what port I tried.

On initial boot after flashing things looked fin until I tried to play movies or music. Spdif out didn't not work. That was a set back because that was the main reason for the upgrade. WEll ok, so I tried audio out via USB. Couldn't remember which port didn't work, but it seemed top one was not working if memory was correct so I plugged usb cable to bottom usb port. Checked all audio settings - no sound still. Re checked everything, flipped on and off the pass trough. No sound. Ok so I switched to top one. Result the same. Tried the usb 3 port. Same result, no audio. Ok, so back to the same audio as with svc1, the hdmi. This time I even rebooted to be sure. After power on and hdmi was chosen as audio output the sound out was still deadly quiet. Whatever I did and tried not a peep from the speakers. Not with any usb port, spdif or hdmi. No audio out at all with svc2.

Really sad it ended this way. As svc2 had a lot of potential. v2 seemed to run cooler or whatever, because the response from the box seemed even more snappy then the already fast svc1. Video playback was visually pleasing. No lag, no buffering even with larger BD rips. Even iso file was played perfectly. And iso was impossible to play in stock android 9 firmware. On svc2 even the larger BD rips the playback was silky smooth with no stuttering or lagging. Not even buffering.

I run a 2 ch setup for the Tanix to an external sound card, and to the hifi amp. No sound has not been an issue before with Tx6, at least not over hdmi. Not in stock android 9 and not in custom android 7 svc1. But svc2 would not give sound at all. Any ideas why this didn't work?

Downgraded back to custom ROM svc1 again. At least now I got audio out via hdmi. Spdif out been dead on all three firmware I've tried and same for audio over USB.

Comment

Hi,
                            Could you help please?
                            please tell me, is it ok to ask for help, get it and dont say thanks ?
                            this is normal ? )))

Comment

Hi,
                              I am sorry, yesterday I didn t tri it yet. But to day I used the code. It works fine. Sorry for the delay.
                              Thank you very much for your help.
                              You saved my life. The vendor said I need a hard reset. But I doubt it would work.
                              You are so helpfull, I thought I need to use a network wire for ever.
                              Is there any chance that I could kiss you a day?

Comment

Hi,
                                I am sorry, yesterday I didn t tri it yet. But to day I used the code. It works fine. Sorry for the delay.
                                Thank you very much for your help.
                                That's better
                                Feel free to say THANK YOU )))

Comment

Working...
                                X