Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

Never mind just how much $$$$$ a TV-sized touchscreen would cost. Would anyone actually let a two-year old with their grubby little hands near one of these things?
    I have a 21" touchscreen which was an HP Slate Pro 21 which is running Android 4.4 (bleh). It has HDMI in and USB out. I know it works because I hooked a PC up to it and everything works fine. The TX6 shows a cursor which won't move but if it happens to be on something clickable, tapping the screen activates the button/link so I know it sees something. I've already got the .idc file written. I'm looking for the hid-multitouch.ko file. You can pick up a 24" for about $250. There's also add on frames for 55" at around that price as well. You just need to get your .idc file right if the monitor is already in the hid-miultitouch.c file. If not that gets a bit more difficult as you'ld need to add in your device. Mine's been in there for many, many years.

and thanks for your response!
    Last edited by scooterTX6; 06-29-2019, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Looking at the Screenshoot, it clearly looks like the Changelog include with an OTA directly from Tanix.

Allwinner and Tanix are the only ones with the source code and SDK, they won't be releasing it to the public, because its proprietary software not open sourced. Ask directly to Allwinner if want source code, good luck.

Don't think Tanix will release touchscreen support for Android 9 anytime soon, when the main purpose of this device is to be hooked up to TV monitor; and asking for touchscreen support directly from Tanix will probably never get answered or fulfilled.
      I might have something here although it's Pine 64. Uses Allwinner H6. I haven't compared the components, I'd suspect some differences (or many). I'm not sure if just snatching the hid-multitouch.ko file out of here would suffice. I already know how to load that kernel module and already have an .idc file.

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PI...ge#Android_9.0

Last edited by scooterTX6; 06-29-2019, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterTX6 View Post
        I might have something here although it's Pine 64. Uses Allwinner H6. I haven't compared the components, I'd suspect some differences (or many). I'm not sure if just snatching the hid-multitouch.ko file out of here would suffice. I already know how to load that kernel module and already have an .idc file.
        Looks like you are on right track to get it working. You will have to check root Settings (global or secure) through terminal an make sure there isn't a Touch setting deactivated, or a build.prop line that signals Touchless device. But my guess is the Pine64 H6 files should work in the Tanix H6. One thing I haven't checked with the Tanix 9.0 firmware is if it has a system app that makes device Touchless, I mention this because with Beelink H6 device running Android 7 it had a special system apk to make device Touchless. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterTX6 View Post

I have a 21" touchscreen which was an HP Slate Pro 21 which is running Android 4.4 (bleh). It has HDMI in and USB out. I know it works because I hooked a PC up to it and everything works fine. The TX6 shows a cursor which won't move but if it happens to be on something clickable, tapping the screen activates the button/link so I know it sees something. I've already got the .idc file written. I'm looking for the hid-multitouch.ko file. You can pick up a 24" for about $250. There's also add on frames for 55" at around that price as well. You just need to get your .idc file right if the monitor is already in the hid-miultitouch.c file. If not that gets a bit more difficult as you'ld need to add in your device. Mine's been in there for many, many years.

If I'm going to spend $250 on something, it's not a touchscreen monitor nor a add on frame for a 55" tv set.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Looks like you are on right track to get it working. You will have to check root Settings (global or secure) through terminal an make sure there isn't a Touch setting deactivated, or a build.prop line that signals Touchless device. But my guess is the Pine64 H6 files should work in the Tanix H6. One thing I haven't checked with the Tanix 9.0 firmware is if it has a system app that makes device Touchless, I mention this because with Beelink H6 device running Android 7 it had a special system apk to make device Touchless. Good luck.
            Thanks! Appreciate the info and the encouragement.

Comment

in update 0625 android 7

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190701-082840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	777265

Comment

there is an update from 13.06 - android 9
                Last edited by Hikvision; 07-05-2019, 06:45.

Comment

Hi,

I just received this box (tx6-a) with android 9 and I can't see the bluetooth. Is it a bugged android or a bugged box ?
                  Should I try downgrade to android 8 or 7 ?

I also have another question:
                  I successfully installed homeassistant via termux+pip by following this guide: https://blog.blaulan.com/2018/home-automation.html
                  Now I want to do everything (TV, gaming and home automation) with this 30 euro device.
                  To do so I have to find a zigbee dongle that is supported by android so that the box can become not only the homeassistant server, but also the zigbee gateway.
                  I found these two:
                  Do you have any experience with them or other suggestion ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
                    there is an update from 13.06
                    For which branch of the firmware releases?

Comment

I set it to 4-32

Comment

[QUOTE=suoko;n777481]Hi,

I just received this box (tx6-a) with android 9 and I can't see the bluetooth. Is it a bugged android or a bugged box ?

It's a stupid consumer.

People like you really,really need to read the WWW pages of the sites you buy stuff from.

Q: What\'sthe difference between this unit and this other one at your store? (https://www.banggood.com/Tanix-TX6-A...p-1378746.html)

A : this one does not have 5g wifi and bluetooth. It\'s obvious...
                        Answered by Immerge on April 19,2019

According to the specs on the sites that sell it the TX6-A doesn't have bluetooth support, nor is there android 8 for it or any other TX6.

https://www.banggood.com/Tanix-TX6-A..._warehouse=USA
                        Last edited by c,lei; 07-05-2019, 15:35.

Comment

I set it to 4-32
                          Only on stock rom works activation key
                          Last edited by bajann; 07-06-2019, 07:56. Reason: about activation key

Comment

did not understand

Comment

did not understand
                              i need stock rom? becouse i cant type 758523 i type on sc v1 rom
                              i came from android 9 to 7 i need to set activation code mac adress

Comment

[QUOTE=c,lei;n777564]
                                Originally posted by suoko View Post
                                Hi,

It's a stupid consumer.

People like you really,really need to read the WWW pages of the sites you buy stuff from.

Q: What\'sthe difference between this unit and this other one at your store? (https://www.banggood.com/Tanix-TX6-A...p-1378746.html)

A : this one does not have 5g wifi and bluetooth. It\'s obvious...
                                Answered by Immerge on April 19,2019

According to the specs on the sites that sell it the TX6-A doesn't have bluetooth support, nor is there android 8 for it or any other TX6.

https://www.banggood.com/Tanix-TX6-A..._warehouse=USA
                                Actually it's a stupid seller cause I bought the product below and received the -A variant.
                                Thanks for the info.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X