No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally decided to upgrade from the 2019-04-19 "Tanix" firmware only because I bricked the device trying to mod some system stuff

Now for last couple days running the "TX6" 2019-06-15 firmware, it is decent firmware release, they fixed the StatusBar-Notifications curtain and it is now fully usable. The AliceUX launcher apk has been modified and no more launcher lag. Don't have the coax SPDIF cable to test that port, but in DevCheck or another system/hardware checker app I used it showed that SPDIF audio was available. Device runs warm still and think this creator of this firmware is trying to combat the heat issues by tuning the CPU to under-clock cpufreq somewhere in the kernel, I say this because this firmware has the worst Geekbench4 multi-core cpu score (-300points) differnece of the last 2 versions of Android(9) firmwares I tried, but overall is not really noticeable or no major lag issues from stock setting; even though I always change my CPU Governor to Performance.

Edit: the "TX6" 2019-06-15 firmware is not licensed by Google, Store won't Open. So have to use chrome and sign in to Google account then get redirected to the GSF registration page and register device, so having an app like DevCheck loaded to an SDcard so you can install it at start up makes things Easier because that app lets you Copy the GSF number so you can Paste it in the Chrome browser on the Registration page. I forgot that Allwinner includes a Factory-Test app in /system and that also displays the GSF number, but to start app at boot or after boot up with a keyboard attached or wireless keyboard dongle inserted you have to press 'F9' or 'F10' to open the Factory-Test app. I forgot about that feature till just now when writing this post.
    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 07-20-2019, 09:37. Reason: Edit: added more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
      thank you downloading file nowthe only bad bug i find now on tx6 is blue toothe works real bad when i conect to a sound bar..other that that it works very good ..hope fully they fix bluetooth....i have the 4gig ram 64 gig rom unit will test this file in few minutes

Comment

just tested new file,,same blue toothe is very bad..other than that works good

Comment

thuongshoo
          kruijf
          I reead That You also have the tx6-a model.
          Can you tell me if your boxes have the bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
            I finally decided to upgrade from the 2019-04-19 "Tanix" firmware only because I bricked the device trying to mod some system stuff

Now for last couple days running the "TX6" 2019-06-15 firmware, it is decent firmware release, they fixed the StatusBar-Notifications curtain and it is now fully usable. The AliceUX launcher apk has been modified and no more launcher lag. Don't have the coax SPDIF cable to test that port, but in DevCheck or another system/hardware checker app I used it showed that SPDIF audio was available. Device runs warm still and think this creator of this firmware is trying to combat the heat issues by tuning the CPU to under-clock cpufreq somewhere in the kernel, I say this because this firmware has the worst Geekbench4 multi-core cpu score (-300points) differnece of the last 2 versions of Android(9) firmwares I tried, but overall is not really noticeable or no major lag issues from stock setting; even though I always change my CPU Governor to Performance.

Edit: the "TX6" 2019-06-15 firmware is not licensed by Google, Store won't Open. So have to use chrome and sign in to Google account then get redirected to the GSF registration page and register device, so having an app like DevCheck loaded to an SDcard so you can install it at start up makes things Easier because that app lets you Copy the GSF number so you can Paste it in the Chrome browser on the Registration page. I forgot that Allwinner includes a Factory-Test app in /system and that also displays the GSF number, but to start app at boot or after boot up with a keyboard attached or wireless keyboard dongle inserted you have to press 'F9' or 'F10' to open the Factory-Test app. I forgot about that feature till just now when writing this post.
            The first thing you have to realize is the kind of benchmarks you are refering to are *USELESS* Geekbench4 and the rest are like PC Gaming Benchmarks which don't mean a damn thing to anyone who not running the devices the benchmarks are rigged for, and even then they really don't mean anything in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by suoko View Post
              thuongshoo
              kruijf
              I reead That You also have the tx6-a model.
              Can you tell me if your boxes have the bluetooth?
              The TX6-A model does *NOT* have bluetooth or 5g wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

The TX6-A model does *NOT* have bluetooth or 5g wifi.
                yes tx6 4gig ram 64 gig rom has bluetooth....i had to put on factory rom..android 7 for bluetooth to work without bugs

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                  The first thing you have to realize is the kind of benchmarks you are refering to are *USELESS* Geekbench4 and the rest are like PC Gaming Benchmarks which don't mean a damn thing to anyone who not running the devices the benchmarks are rigged for, and even then they really don't mean anything in the real world.
                  LOL Geekbench4 is "rigged" LOL I have never heard that one before, so since you are the expert which device is Geekbench4 rigged for??? Hmm....

Geekbench4 is a cross-platform processor benchmark, with a scoring system that gives values of the raw power of the CPU in single-core and in multi-core performance which implements workloads that simulate real-world scenarios, in addition tomeasuring computing ability by the GPU performance in areas such as image processing and computer vision. "Cross-Platform" if you didn't know is a software tool that works for a great multitude of devices to compare CPU raw performance.

If you read my last post then you should have understood that I am tracking and bench-marking this device after each firmware upgrade. Using the stats only to have a reference to what is actually going on in the heart of the software after each change, because the "oh I feel the device is faster" or "the device feels slower" aren't intelligent ways of describing software improvements or deficiency.

Comment

The tanix tx6 4/32 Is a good box...with last firmware..
                    I replace only Launcher Alice ux with ATV Launcher ....
                    For 24 euro best price/ buy....
                    iptv , Netflix e YouTube work

Comment

i went back and put newest file on my tx6....its not the greatest box..needs lots of bugs fixed..custom rom or something better...got 2 more on the way..wish i didnt order them now

Comment

Hi there, I recently bought the 4/32GB and it's irritating me a bit. When I try click on the volume settings icon after putting the volume up or down it briefly opens the sound settings and then crashes. I have tried to restart, and did a reset and it still does the same.

Does somebody have a fresh zip install file for me please? It currently has 20190613 on it but thinking a completely fresh install be better. I only have a Mac computer so I can't make my own zip file.

Also I haven't used Android Pie before, it seems like that I'm not seeing the full settings, I only have what feels like the more basic settings that comes up on the right of the screen, are there not more advanced settings that takes over the whole screen?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

LOL Geekbench4 is "rigged" LOL I have never heard that one before, so since you are the expert which device is Geekbench4 rigged for??? Hmm....

Geekbench4 is a cross-platform processor benchmark, with a scoring system that gives values of the raw power of the CPU in single-core and in multi-core performance which implements workloads that simulate real-world scenarios, in addition tomeasuring computing ability by the GPU performance in areas such as image processing and computer vision. "Cross-Platform" if you didn't know is a software tool that works for a great multitude of devices to compare CPU raw performance.

If you read my last post then you should have understood that I am tracking and bench-marking this device after each firmware upgrade. Using the stats only to have a reference to what is actually going on in the heart of the software after each change, because the "oh I feel the device is faster" or "the device feels slower" aren't intelligent ways of describing software improvements or deficiency.
                          By their very nature, Benchmarks are rigged. There really is no such thing as cross-platform processor benchmarks because as a example, Windows and Linux do not run/operate in the same fashion even on identical processing hardware.Executing the "same"benchmark code on diffrent devices with diffrent hardware ans software designs are basically going to run into similar issues.

All you are going to have benchmark results that's basically going to mean nothing because they're flawed from the very start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbo80 View Post
                            The tanix tx6 4/32 Is a good box...with last firmware..
                            I replace only Launcher Alice ux with ATV Launcher ....
                            For 24 euro best price/ buy....
                            iptv , Netflix e YouTube work
                            What kind of Netflix, did you find a working Android TV version or it's the usual touch one?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

suoko no the box dont have bluethoot.

i have a working netflix also but it is the terrible touch version, for back-up i have netflix working in kodi.

Also i have a x96 mini and that box is working very good, and netflix is working normal not that crapy touch version.

Comment

Originally posted by kruijf View Post
                                suoko no the box dont have bluethoot.

i have a working netflix also but it is the terrible touch version, for back-up i have netflix working in kodi.

Also i have a x96 mini and that box is working very good, and netflix is working normal not that crapy touch version.
                                What guide did you follow to have Netflix on Kodi?
                                Also, what Netflix apk are you using on the x96 mini? Why can't you install that on the TX6 too?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X