Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingluc View Post
    Please help! Bit of a Noob here. Well, kinda.
    I was having issues so I reset it to factory settings and it is now showing as Non Google Certified, (However the play Store works fine which I think is weird) and one of the Apps I use most to stream, DSTV Now ( It's a pay TV network here in South Africa ) tells me it can't play because my device is not Play Certified.
    Before the factory reset it did not give me this issue
    I have gone through the "Register my Device" process via https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/ repeatedly but it still shows up as Uncertified.
    I have also tried to download and install the latest update on the TX6 downloads page but cannot get any of the software to create a bootable disk image to try push it to the most recent build in the hope that one is certified.
    I see people have similar issues with Netflix as I have had with DSTV Now, so I'm hoping there is some kind of workaround, any ideas will be appreciated.
    Registering your device with Google is just so you won't get blocked by Google in the future, which is good thing to do, but in the Play Store Settings it will always say "Non-Google Certified" no matter what, because most TV box manufacturers don't officially submit there devices to Google for review, they just use Google's open source code AOSP as basis to build the firmwares and sell them as fastest possible without review and certification.

That is strange the DStv app worked before the Reset and now it doesn't. A reset just erases user data and internal SDcard. You can try to spoof your device through modifying values in the /system/build.prop and /vendor/build.prop like the fingerprint, make, model, and device (*Note: modifying build.prop can brick device and cause a bootloop if done incorrectly). But if DStv-Now is looking for DRM Widevine L1 and not just a certified device Name then you won't ever be able to Fake DRM L1 on any device to get DStv working.

My suggestion is just buy a second device that is fully licensed and certified, most TV's have multiple HDMI ports, so look at getting a Roku or FireTV-Stick device for using with paid apps.

Comment

H6_9_4Gddr_20190722.img

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
        TX6 vendor version or Tanix version?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

TX6 vendor version or Tanix version?
          TX6
          Attached Files

Comment

it's possibile have ota.zip ?

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
              ok, got my second tx6 box, this one has the logo tx6 unlike the other one, and has firmware dated 20190506. Pretty much the same firmware as 20190507, except for the boot up screen. I flashed the 0507 firmware onto this box using the phoenixcard program and it flashed without and trouble, no activation needed. After some time I flashed back the original firmware the box came with. I'm not sure why people are complaining about these boxes, I have been using them for a few days now and not have had any issues.
              All the complaints mainly are from the people that have bought and used the device before April/May because the old versions of the firmware had loads of problems, Tanix used us like Beta testers while developing a better ROM, now the firmwares are more stable and usable. I still would like them to modify the kernel to get the CPU to run cooler and at the same time be able to hit its maximum frequency of 1.8GHz because I don't like that the H6 in TX6 is underclocked at 1.48 GHz.

Video playback is flawless, 4k youtube videos play flawlessly. Kodi works great. and wifi is pretty good as well. I also got two other new boxes, tx5 pro, they come with android 8.1 and use the s905x cpu, pretty much the same interface as these tx6 boxes and they also work good. No issues on any of the boxes, touchwood.
              Does the Tanix TX5 Pro also have the stupid design of small heatsink then thermalpad then large heatsink like the TX6 comes with?
              Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 08-24-2019, 17:48. Reason: Typos

Comment

All the complaints mainly are from the people that have bought and used the device before April/May because the old versions of the firmware had loads of problems, Tanix used us like Beta testers while developing a better ROM, now the firmwares are more stable and usable. I still would like them to modify the kernel to get the CPU to run cooler and at the same time be able to hit its maximum frequency of 1.8GHz because I don't like that the H6 in TX6 is underclocked at 1.48 GHz.

Does the Tanix TX5 Pro also have the stupid design of small heatsink then thermalpad then large heatsink like the TX6 comes with?
                I don't know, but, I'm guessing the internal design is probably the same. I haven't had to open the tx5 pro up yet. Haven't experienced any issues with it. I did however open up one of my tx6 boxes and when putting it back together I re-positioned the large rubber like pad to make better contact with the metal plate on the bottom and I think that helped bringing down the operating temperature a bit. At idle or video playback the operating temperature is around 59 degrees to 65 degrees Celsius.

Comment

TX6 Mini also suffers overheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Letrix View Post
                    TX6 Mini also suffers overheating?
                    Most likely is the same situation of cpu overheating, because it is a problem for all Android devices with the Allwinner H6. Maybe a custom ROM would fix that but no developers want to touch Allwinner devices because there are no tools to help them build the firmware correctly.

Don't buy a TX6mini because the cheaper price, pay extra for the regular TX6 32GB or 64GB storage with dual-wifi and bluetooth, or buy a better device like Beelink GT-mini.

Comment

Shrug. Overclocking these devices is vastly overated. You actually don't gain that much by doing so in the real world,despite what the silly benchmark tests claim.

Comment

I have some problems with driver not recognize whir Phoenix suite.
                        I nave used cable A to A male. , And Press Botton side ad slot...
                        Buy nothing appare , and firmware not load ?
                        Windows 10 professional S.O

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                          Shrug. Overclocking these devices is vastly overated. You actually don't gain that much by doing so in the real world,despite what the silly benchmark tests claim.
                          I am NOT talking about Overclocking, the Allwinner H6 standard clock rating is 1.8 GHz not 1.48 GHz , look at its documentation and look at any of the SBC development boards running H6 and Linux, all with the the clock rating of 1.8 GHz. For Tanix and all the other H6 TVbox manufactures to not be smart enough to release an android kernel where the CPU doesn't hit it's standard clock rating because they can't manage the heat well is stupid. One exception is the Beelink GS1 which has the H6 chip and it can reach the 1.8 GHz maximum with Android, and no it doesn't stay pegged at the frequency to return a better benchmark or create too much heat because that box barely has any ventilation at all, but Beelink was able to create a better android kernel for the H6.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbo80 View Post
                            I have some problems with driver not recognize whir Phoenix suite.
                            I nave used cable A to A male. , And Press Botton side ad slot...
                            Buy nothing appare , and firmware not load ?
                            Windows 10 professional S.O
                            Use PhoenixUSB tool burn image or PhoenixCard Maker tool to make flashable SDcard to burn image. Androidpctv.com has tutorial and links to download the tools if you can't find them on Freaktab.

Comment

I am NOT talking about Overclocking, the Allwinner H6 standard clock rating is 1.8 GHz not 1.48 GHz , look at its documentation and look at any of the SBC development boards running H6 and Linux, all with the the clock rating of 1.8 GHz. For Tanix and all the other H6 TVbox manufactures to not be smart enough to release an android kernel where the CPU doesn't hit it's standard clock rating because they can't manage the heat well is stupid. One exception is the Beelink GS1 which has the H6 chip and it can reach the 1.8 GHz maximum with Android, and no it doesn't stay pegged at the frequency to return a better benchmark or create too much heat because that box barely has any ventilation at all, but Beelink was able to create a better android kernel for the H6.
                              What Tanix and all the other H6 TVbox manufactures are doing is not stupid-it's called conservative design.

It's what NASA and other space agencies do with it's space probes like the mars rovers that managed to work for 10-15 years when people thought they would be lucky to get 90 days out of them. There's no point in overdriving/stressing these devices like you suggest for little or no real world gain.

What you are suggesting is just plain stupid,especially when you realize that 99% of the people who advocate this kind of nonsense have no real idea what's involved in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
                                Has anyone tried this firmware? Does it have google play? Any improvements over the 0506 firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X