No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I don't understand with these H6 based Allwinner boxes is that most of the time they are advertised as being a 6k box, when in reality they struggle to play 4k content. What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
      One thing I don't understand with these H6 based Allwinner boxes is that most of the time they are advertised as being a 6k box, when in reality they struggle to play 4k content. What's up with that?
      It's most likely a result of the people doing the testing, and the sort of file they used to do the testing with. There really is no standard for 4k or any other video format, it depends on how just how (mostly the software used) the file was encoded as to how well it plays back on various devices. The 10 bit files you often see anime video encoded in is a perfect example of this. I have a number of these files that will play back just fine on my PC using VLC, but will literally crash and burn on my phone and tablet using the android version of VLC. The same 10 bit video file will crash my Panasonic Blueray player so hard that the only way to recover from it is to unplug it from the wall socket, but other 10 bit video files will play back just fine on both devices.

Looking at the 10 bit files that wouldn't play back on my phone,tablet and blue ray player with the PC version of VLC, it turns out they were in fact encoded differently than the ones that wouldn't play back.

Another thing the files that would crash on me had in common was that they were encoded using Windows Software.(Optimized for PC videocards mayb e?)

So video playback is mostly a hit or miss game given the video encoding software people are using these days.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Calm down, it was and old article that I posted from, before the LibreELEC images were made available. The main reason I copy/pasted the info was for the Audio/Video tests, but I did go back and redact that line in my post about LibreELEC
        That's not really the point. Those guys are supposedly LibreELEC advocates (Seems they throw it in people faces every chance they get) , yet can't be bothered to update the information they present about it?

What does *THAT* say about the rest of the material on the site?

Comment

Hello Mike808,
          I saw your other post' complaining about the TX6 and not being able to play 4k 60p content with YouTube, was that just a YouTube problem??? The version of YouTube that ships out with these boxes is old and may be the key problem there, it is always better to use Vanced app or SmartYouTube app for YouTube content. The developer of SmartYouTube has done a lot backend work on the embedded player for YouTube to function better for streaming HD and 4k. Maybe this will solve your issue or maybe not.

But like c,lei said the 6k content has to be formatted a certain specific way for it to work, and I think only the preinstalled TVD_VideoPlayer is capable of rendering the supposed 6k content.

Comment

Hello Mike808,
            I saw your other post' complaining about the TX6 and not being able to play 4k 60p content with YouTube, was that just a YouTube problem??? The version of YouTube that ships out with these boxes is old and may be the key problem there, it is always better to use Vanced app or SmartYouTube app for YouTube content. The developer of SmartYouTube has done a lot backend work on the embedded player for YouTube to function better for streaming HD and 4k. Maybe this will solve your issue or maybe not.

But like c,lei said the 6k content has to be formatted a certain specific way for it to work, and I think only the preinstalled TVD_VideoPlayer is capable of rendering the supposed 6k content.
            Actually, I have youtube vanced, smart youtube tv, and new pipe installed. And in all of them the tx6 can't even handle 4k 30fps videos, they play but there's constant freezing/pauses, the playback is not smooth as it should be, however the tx5 pro plays the highest bitrate content of 4k 60fps on youtube flawlessly.

Comment

Actually, I have youtube vanced, smart youtube tv, and new pipe installed. And in all of them the tx6 can't even handle 4k 30fps videos, they play but there's constant freezing/pauses, the playback is not smooth as it should be, however the tx5 pro plays the highest bitrate content of 4k 60fps on youtube flawlessly.
              For you and those like you who keep going on and on about Netflix ,4k and other video-consider this:
              'Men In Black' Director Barry Sonnenfeld Calls 8K, Netflix HDR 'Stupid'

Barry Sonnenfeld, director of the "Men in Black" series, "Get Shorty" and most recently Netflix's "Series of Unfortunate Events", says 8K is "only good for sports" and High Dynamic Range (HDR) is "stupid" and "a waste."

Sonnenfeld, speaking with actor Patrick Warburton at the CEDIA Expo last week in Denver, called for a "filmmaker mode" on all TVs that can turn off unwanted HDR. He says Netflix's insistence everything be shot in HDR altered the cinematography on "Series of Unfortunate Events" to his disliking.

Sonnenfeld said Netflix and other streaming services feel HDR makes them appear "next level" from a technology perspective, according to the article, then conceded that "HDR is the future... but it shouldn't be. It's great for watching sports, like hockey, but nothing else... "

He also said today's cinematographers are actually using older lenses and filters on digital cameras to make them look like they weren't shot with a 4K or 8K camera. "The problem with 8K and even 4K is that all it is doing is bringing us closer to a video game aesthetic. It just looks more and more 'not real.' I can't watch any Marvel movies because none of the visual effects look real."

And both Sonnenfeld and Patrick Warburton believe that subscribers to streaming services should be able to watch first-run movies at home the same day the films are released in theaters.

PS. I really,really liked Sonnenfeld comment about 8K video.....

HDR was not the only targeted technology by Sonnenfeld during the panel discussion. He also set his sights on 8K.

?Congratulations? for the first time in history we now know when a puck goes into the net because you see it go into the net [because of 8K] and not because the light and horn go on,? says Sonnenfeld sarcastically, while also admitting he does not watch hockey.

Comment

hi,
                just a note about : vanced YouTube app
                By clicking on settings / "about" a bunch of times
                you get more advanced options like :
                spoof as pixel xl or galaxy or enable vp9 or enable HDR ( software or hardware acc ) or enable the new beta videoplayer
                -but your monitor needs hdcp 2.2 and/or HDR support.. and your android unit might need widevine drm1 to make it work

Cheers

Comment

Hello! I would like to ask you if there is a way to unroot tanix tx6 4/64? It has android 9. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by sandrakokoli View Post
                    Hello! I would like to ask you if there is a way to unroot tanix tx6 4/64? It has android 9. Thank you in advance.
                    No. Allwinner does Root differently and the normal unroot procedures will just brick your device. If you want a device not Rooted get Xiaomi MiBox or a device with a "Root Switch" then get a Ugoos X2 Cube or Power model.

Comment

No. Allwinner does Root differently and the normal unroot procedures will just brick your device. If you want a device not Rooted get Xiaomi MiBox or a device with a "Root Switch" then get a Ugoos X2 Cube or Power model.
                      Can it be done with impactor unroot and if needed with busybox? I have read somewhere that someone unrooted vorke6 with this method.

Comment

Originally posted by sandrakokoli View Post

Can it be done with impactor unroot and if needed with busybox? I have read somewhere that someone unrooted vorke6 with this method.
                        You were just told no, Allwinner does Root differently and the normal unroot procedures will just brick your device.

I would not expect something that worked for a different device than the one I have to work on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by VolksPC View Post
                          Hi,

I am thinking of buying the Tanix TX6 4G/32GB version. I believe it is rooted. How is your experience with Android Pie with this device?
                          There are not many Android Pie devices out there. The only competition is probably Amlogic S905X2 based boxes.

Thanks for your feedback.
                          Yes, it was rooted / root access. Although I never used any apps that needed it.
                          I noticed no issues with the PIE OS on this device,
                          Last edited by GadgetsHome; 04-06-2024, 13:39.

Comment

Hi all, I am newbie and tanix tx 6 4/64 is my first android tv box.
                            I have read all the thread and tried all guide but I cannot update my box, maybe for a problem on my computer or I am too noob for it...
                            Somebody can share a zip file of may version?
                            It boot with Tanix logo and run a strange version like you can see in the image
                            Thank you a lot in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20190812_175103.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	785216

Comment

Originally posted by Tzr808 View Post
                              Hi all, I am newbie and tanix tx 6 4/64 is my first android tv box.
                              I have read all the thread and tried all guide but I cannot update my box, maybe for a problem on my computer or I am too noob for it...
                              Somebody can share a zip file of may version?
                              Read this thread again, there is different versions of firmware either TX6 boot logo or Tanix boot logo; and for best installation use .IMG file and the PhoenixUSB Burn Tool. Use the July 22 version, I have a "Tanix" 4GB/32GB and July versions runs nicely.

See AndroidPCTV.com for Guide on updating Allwinner firmwares.

Comment

Read this thread again, there is different versions of firmware either TX6 boot logo or Tanix boot logo; and for best installation use .IMG file and the PhoenixUSB Burn Tool. Use the July 22 version, I have a "Tanix" 4GB/32GB and July versions runs nicely.

See AndroidPCTV.com for Guide on updating Allwinner firmwares.
                                thank you for your reply!
                                nice to hear about july version!

I tried everything but nothing work for me...
                                I waiting another cable, maybe this is the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X