Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

Dude, I pretty much don't actually *USE* Alice UX. I use apps like VLC or MXplayer 99% of the time. And Yes Kodi is best described as a bloated POS. How else would you describe something that would literally lock up you phone or tablet while trying to exit from it and the only way to recover it was to hold down the power button down untill the phone or tablet rebooted?
    No worries.

I guess a difference of opinion.

Anyway, went right off topic. I found the answer to my original question over at https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=929205

And this method does not touch any of the devices internal storage, so I can test out the various builds for the TX6 / Allwinner H6 without the risk of bricking the device or wiping the current configuration.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Norton View Post

No worries.

I guess a difference of opinion.

Anyway, went right off topic. I found the answer to my original question over at https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=929205

And this method does not touch any of the devices internal storage, so I can test out the various builds for the TX6 / Allwinner H6 without the risk of bricking the device or wiping the current configuration.

Cheers
      You're kidding yourself. What's going to brick the device or wipe out the current configuration is *HARDWARE* incompatibility. Like you get when the Wifi gets wiped out because the unknown firmware you're screwing around with isn't compatible with the wifi or other hardware in the device.

All you're doing is playing Russian Roulette with a six shooter that has 5 bullets in it. Not very smart of you.

Comment

Hello everybody
        Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        I have no idea what or why your device is classified as a TX6-H, for best results with trying the firmware, first open device and make sure your board and chips are identical to the board pictured in this thread.
        I couldn't find the pictures again in the thread, though i already red everything here once.
        I took some pictures of my box. It's really labelled "TX6-H", on the packaging, rear the box itself and on the motherboard:
        Ever heard of this model?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191101_123305.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	787754
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191101_122113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	787755
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191101_122901.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	787756

So my question is still the same: To recover a fully working device and remote...
        1. Is it safe or unsure to Flash this file :H6_9_4Gddr_20190722.img ?
        2. Or eventually this one (that should be the original?) if for some reason the first one doesn't work: TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img ?

I received the USB A-A cable, so i'm now ready to try if Phoenix USB Pro Tool would too
        Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Fredator see these pictures for reference:

Tanix TX6 TV Box Allwinner H6 4GB DDR3 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi BT4.1 or 5 Support 4K H.265 Click image for larger versionName: 20181112135631_73499.jpgViews: 1Size: 67.7 KBID: 751596 Main Features ● Android 7.1 operation system ● Allwinner H6 CPU, up to 1.5GHz, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A53 ● Mali T720

Board looks similar, main difference I see is Oranth switched the Nand chip, original TX6 had Samsung chip and yours a Micron chip.

So go ahead and try the July firmware, if it don't work do the June version, if that don't work do the May version.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredator View Post
            Hello everybody

I couldn't find the pictures again in the thread, though i already red everything here once.
            I took some pictures of my box. It's really labelled "TX6-H", on the packaging, rear the box itself and on the motherboard:
            Ever heard of this model?

[

So my question is still the same: To recover a fully working device and remote...
            1. Is it safe or unsure to Flash this file :H6_9_4Gddr_20190722.img ?
            2. Or eventually this one (that should be the original?) if for some reason the first one doesn't work: TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img ?

I received the USB A-A cable, so i'm now ready to try if Phoenix USB Pro Tool would too
            Thanks a lot for your help
            This is the full featured Tanix TX6 with 5G and Bluetooth (That doesn't work further than 20cm). The latest official firmware for this device was Tanix_H6_4Gddr_20190507. This device boots with the Tanix Animation (as opposed to the the 4 rolling circles). This firmware was not released as an OTA update, but was factory installed.

Comment

Thanks guys for your answers
              I'm not sure if this is the box you're saying Brent, but what is sure is that it boots with the 4 rolling circles android animation !
              It is not labelled Tanix anywhere btw (see pictures above)
              here is the link where i bought it https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offe...h-265-hdr.html

I tried to flash the box with the July firmware, as Ricklar advised me, but it seems i have bigger problems:
              I tried all the usb ports of the box, and of the computer too. Best thing that i got was to make windows beep once as a new device was detected (no drivers found), and 2 seconds later the device got disconnected and nothing else happens.
              Nothing happened at all in Phoenix USB Pro tool either. Only when i tried to plug it without pressing the upgrade button on the box, it told me to disconnect the device before being in the right mode, or something like that... But with upgrade button pressed and USB connected next, i estimated that waiting like 3 minutes every time should be enough to get some result. The screen of the box was always stuck on "BOOT" forever
              I even tried to see if the device appeared in Phoenix Suite (with and without update button pressed), but it was the same result: nothing at all

After many tries, i plugged it back on tv and even the fact that if it was totally out of power in between, it restarted in recovery mode menu with the options to pick in a menu bewteen "update from adb", "update from usb", "reboot" etc. As there are no ZIP files i can't try to update from USB or from the system either

So i am sorry to make you lose some of your time for that. I have no idea why none of these tools can work for me
              I think i will give up, and either find me another box, or keep it like that. Way too much time already lost for a 50€ box

Big thanks to you guys who tried to help and spent some time for me, i really appreciate your support !!

Comment

Thanks guys for your answers
                I'm not sure if this is the box you're saying Brent, but what is sure is that it boots with the 4 rolling circles android animation !
                It is not labelled Tanix anywhere btw (see pictures above)
                here is the link where i bought it https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offe...h-265-hdr.html

I tried to flash the box with the July firmware, as Ricklar advised me, but it seems i have bigger problems:
                I tried all the usb ports of the box, and of the computer too. Best thing that i got was to make windows beep once as a new device was detected (no drivers found), and 2 seconds later the device got disconnected and nothing else happens.
                Nothing happened at all in Phoenix USB Pro tool either. Only when i tried to plug it without pressing the upgrade button on the box, it told me to disconnect the device before being in the right mode, or something like that... But with upgrade button pressed and USB connected next, i estimated that waiting like 3 minutes every time should be enough to get some result. The screen of the box was always stuck on "BOOT" forever
                I even tried to see if the device appeared in Phoenix Suite (with and without update button pressed), but it was the same result: nothing at all

After many tries, i plugged it back on tv and even the fact that if it was totally out of power in between, it restarted in recovery mode menu with the options to pick in a menu bewteen "update from adb", "update from usb", "reboot" etc. As there are no ZIP files i can't try to update from USB or from the system either

So i am sorry to make you lose some of your time for that. I have no idea why none of these tools can work for me
                I think i will give up, and either find me another box, or keep it like that. Way too much time already lost for a 50€ box

Big thanks to you guys who tried to help and spent some time for me, i really appreciate your support !!
                No Problem. I comment on the box, because the photo of the box and model is exactly the same as mine. Mine was purchased in June. The July firmware should work, but it is not the correct one for MY box. I do however have a Tanix logo silk screened on my box cover. The bottom PCB photo is unknown to me, but on the topside of the pcb you have a Cdtech 47822BS-10 ? - Correct ?. This is a realtek Wifi/Bluetooth Chip - if i'm not mistaken.

If you indeed have truly given up, then try the following.

The method of flashing with Phoenix USB is problematic - at the best of times. I have never attempted it myself, but have read about many people having issues.

Do you have a firmware on hand? Is it in the format of an IMG file ? Do you have a micro-sd card (rated 10x) or higher that you can place in your computer ?

If yes, then download Phoenix Card http://www.mediafire.com/file/40rbyh...0_20130618.zip

Install it - run it. Place Micro-SD in computer. Select the img firmware. Select the Drive Letter that the card is using. Firstly - Select Format to Normal - then select Wrtie Mode as Startup. Then Select Burn Image. If you get no errors - great.

Turn your Tanix Box off completely. - unplug the power. Insert the Micro SD Card into the box and turn back on.

You should immediately get a Tanix logo (or TX6 - depending on which IMG file you are using) on the screen.

The following will happen. And this is all normal. A few minutes will pass. You will get asked to enter a password. Anything will do... 1234 eg. Enter one or wait. The box will reboot. You will get a message asking you to reset the box. Select reset box. I WILL WRITE THIS IN CAPITAL LETTERS. SELECTING RESET BOX WILL NOT TOUCH YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY IN ANY WAY.

Again a wait of 3 or 4 minutes. And the system should boot.

30 seconds later you will get a message saying that The box needs to be activated and will shutdown in 30 minutes. Ignore this, there is nothing you can do about this. - AND there is nothing you can do about this. Even activating it will not help. We are here to test your remote. While you at it, test that your wifi is working. Normal and 5G (if your router supports this.)

If your remote is still not working - then your remote is in all likely-hood faulty.

After all this - if you get to this point. Turn off box, and remove SD card. Turn back on. You will be back where you started.

The above method, I have test several times, but as always.... You do this at your own risk.

Comment

No Problem. I comment on the box, because the photo of the box and model is exactly the same as mine. Mine was purchased in June. The July firmware should work, but it is not the correct one for MY box. I do however have a Tanix logo silk screened on my box cover. The bottom PCB photo is unknown to me, but on the topside of the pcb you have a Cdtech 47822BS-10 ? - Correct ?. This is a realtek Wifi/Bluetooth Chip - if i'm not mistaken.
                  Hello again Brent
                  i didn't unmount the box again to answer about the wifi chip, but i will do it tomorrow if it helps. Mine was bought in August.
                  I have a partial picture of the topside of the pcb, not sure if you can see what you search tho..?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191101_122705.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.2 KB ID:	787848

Do you have a firmware on hand? Is it in the format of an IMG file ? Do you have a micro-sd card (rated 10x) or higher that you can place in your computer ?
                  If yes, then download Phoenix Card http://www.mediafire.com/file/40rbyh...0_20130618.zip

Install it - run it. Place Micro-SD in computer. Select the img firmware. Select the Drive Letter that the card is using. Firstly - Select Format to Normal - then select Wrtie Mode as Startup. Then Select Burn Image. If you get no errors - great.
                  Thanks again i'm trying this (yes i have a 30x Micro SD card)
                  First of all your Phoenix card link is the first that i get that actually shows a language in the boxes, English actually, that's a great progress
                  I can't copy the log but the formatting was "Burn success" and burning the image does apparently the same than i when i tried with an USB Key:
                  "Data file Burn complete. Magic complete. Burn End" and the SD Card led is stuck ON, (instead of blinking during writing process). i get no further message of burn success or remove the card popup as i saw in some screenshots, and it seems it is empty (at least in windows explorer). It didn't even change the card label. Explorer says 28.9 Go free of 28.9 go... It's plugged since around 20 minutes, led is still stuck on

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-11-01_200138.png Views:	0 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	787849

I will still try if ever this card can boot the box even if windows sees nothing

I'll be back with news if ever the box reacts on this SD card, if not i will try again tomorrow
                  thanks again for your help

Comment

Well, you are awesome bro, it works!
                    it booted on the card and the remote is working as it should (and wifi too) !!
                    Firmware is 2019 07 22
                    now i will read everything again and try to flash this firmware instead of only booting on it
                    Many many thanks to you for your help! ))

Comment

Well, you are awesome bro, it works!
                      it booted on the card and the remote is working as it should (and wifi too) !!
                      Firmware is 2019 07 22
                      now i will read everything again and try to flash this firmware instead of only booting on it
                      Many many thanks to you for your help! ))
                      You are most welcome. And again I give this advice only because I have done it myself on many occasions... With no failure. If you are completely happy with the way everything is working, then you can Flash to main memory. This time around choose the first option when using Phoenix card. I'm not in from of a PC right now, but

Comment

Front of a PC right now, but the option is product. This will write the firmware to main memory. Your will insert the SD card and switch on. A green progress bar will appear. Then nothing.... Your will wonder what happened. Wait a few minutes. Then switch off. Remove the card and switch back on. You should be updated at this point. Again this is at your own risk. This is the part where you can brick your device. The problem with these made in China devices is the poor quality SS Ram they use.... And it sometimes fails when repeatedly updated.

So now... Your previous observation. Windows will not read the file system that you wrote to your SD card. You may have noticed your sd card is a bit smaller in size than when your started. So now you happily install and update your apps. Configure Kodi and what not the way your want.... And then switch off your box and boot up with your sd card still plugged in. Your box gets re-flashed again. Formatting the card in windows doesn't help. Get an app called Rufus to wipe your sd
                        card completely. good luck..

Comment

I've been trying since half an hour. I was doing something wrong but i didn't figure out what yet
                          i formatted and burned the SD card again, same firmware, but "Product mode"
                          Finally after i burn the SD the same way for the second time, then i finally got the box to figure it out, and the green bar to appear, and it did update !!

Now working on July firmware, alleluia

Now i have to check all the 45 pages here again to find where the activation thing was written ^^
                          EDIT: All done, it's page 12

Have a great weekend and big thanks to you both, you rock, i was really giving up without you guys
                          Last edited by Fredator; 11-01-2019, 23:32.

Comment

Is there any TWRP available for this box (Pie) ?

Nobody know a TWRP which works for this box? trebor any help?
                            Last edited by tombraga; 11-17-2019, 09:51.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                              Is there any TWRP available for this box (Pie) ?

Nobody know a TWRP which works for this box? trebor any help?
                              It 's about TWRP for Tanix 6: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry81256918
                              I don't have Tanix 6 so I haven't tried it (I'm waiting for delivering from retail)

I don't know Russian so I only translate by Google translate:

TWRP for Tanix TX6 Boxing, version for Android 7

Assembled a fully working TWRP for our boxing. Now you can make a copy and restore the entire firmware or its individual parts. This was very lacking when modifying the firmware. Use it as usual: download TWRP_TX6.zip - copy it to a USB flash drive (required because stock recovery does not see the SD card) - reboot into stock recovery - select Apply update from External - select TWRP_TX6.zip there and load into TWRP. Copy and restoration can be done on the SD card, a USB flash drive or the internal memory of the box. Download Attached fileTWRP_TX6.zip (5.35 MB)

I reuploaded to mediafire for download easier: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6icrjl...P_TX6.zip/file

TWRP for Tanix TX6 Boxing, version for Android 9

I rebuilt TWRP under 9 Android. I displayed all the partitions, but I want to remind you that to back up your programs and settings, it’s enough to just copy the system and data partitions. If you are already insured against everything - then system, data, boot, bootloader, recovery. The rest, when transferred to another console, is not even desirable. Use as usual: download TWRP_TX6_A9.zip - copy it to a USB flash drive or SD card - reboot into stock recovery - select update from External SD and there is one point in the crooked stock recovery: if an SD card is inserted, it will open, and if only A USB flash drive is just her. In the media, select TWRP_TX6_A9.zip and upload to TWRP. Everything is copied and restored, with the exception of the vendor section - it is mounted read-only and we do not select it when restoring. Sometimes errors slip that the system section is not found and the work is not finished, but this is already the complexity of Android 9 and for now we close our eyes and agree with everything. The main thing - copying and restoration works. Download Attached file TWRP_TX6_A9.zip (5.18 MB)

I reuploaded to mediafire for download easier: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8sy9wc...X6_A9.zip/file

Comment

I tried this pie TWRP from 4pda,the backup worked, but in the beginning i got error message that Partition could not be found to /System.

Now i am not sure if Backup is ok, it finished normally, but in the end there was the same error message.

I don't want to risk to try the restore this Backup file, my new Box is working so fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X