Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Tanix TX6 - SCV1 Custom Rom ( Normal Android 7.0 )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

hmm at this time i recommend one with s905x2... but tanix is saying is going to rls 9 for this soon... so hard to choose!
    And no, no netflix HD...
    Still recommend an s905x2 box
    over this one?

this tanix is very cheap...

Comment

Will this ROM work on 2/16GB version!??

Comment

Anyone who is interested in getting a box with the intention of flashing/experimenting, avoid this box. The latest versions I believe have been blocked from flashing at all. And reading couple of previous replies above that they have locked downgrading, seems to me a crappy move from the manufacturer.

I tried flashing the ROM from the original post using both PhoenixSuite and PhoenixCard:

1.Installed the adb drivers that comes with PhoenixSuite,
        clicked Firmware,
        selected the ROM,
        pressed the 'reset' button beside the SD card (not the 'reset' between SPDIF and USB port) cause this is what all the guides say, and inserted the USB cable,
        the tool prompts format request twice, clicked yes x2,
        and the flashing process is stuck at 0% and stays there. removing the cable and rebooting the device results in original firmware loaded suggesting no flashing or formatting occurred.

2. Use PhoenixCard to burn same ROM. Inserted the SD card, pressed the 'reset' beside SD and insert the power cord. Nothing. I usually get a flashing progress on other devices like the Amlogic ones at this point. However letting it to boot normally with the SD inside loads the firmware to RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladesa View Post
          Anyone who is interested in getting a box with the intention of flashing/experimenting, avoid this box. The latest versions I believe have been blocked from flashing at all. And reading couple of previous replies above that they have locked downgrading, seems to me a crappy move from the manufacturer.

I tried flashing the ROM from the original post using both PhoenixSuite and PhoenixCard:

1.Installed the adb drivers that comes with PhoenixSuite,
          clicked Firmware,
          selected the ROM,
          pressed the 'reset' button beside the SD card (not the 'reset' between SPDIF and USB port) cause this is what all the guides say, and inserted the USB cable,
          the tool prompts format request twice, clicked yes x2,
          and the flashing process is stuck at 0% and stays there. removing the cable and rebooting the device results in original firmware loaded suggesting no flashing or formatting occurred.

2. Use PhoenixCard to burn same ROM. Inserted the SD card, pressed the 'reset' beside SD and insert the power cord. Nothing. I usually get a flashing progress on other devices like the Amlogic ones at this point. However letting it to boot normally with the SD inside loads the firmware to RAM.
          Ok, after checking 4pda.ru looks like a guy a by the name 'jjonas' there who knows what he's doing has provided a foolproof way of flashing ROMs without the USB cable method by using SD card. I've tried this method moving from Android 9 to 7 SCV1 and back. No activation nonsense since it wipes everything.

I still can't believe how the 'pros' here recommend USB cable method. And the SD card method mentioned here is just wrong. You can't set the write mode to 'Startup!'. It supposed to be in 'Product'. Just follow the link above. Translate if necessary.

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            well the "pro's" here recommend what is the must recommend method for the common user....
            And that is nothing new, i can do that since 2012, was just a question of you do a little research by your own...!

Hi Superceleron.
          Tell me please.
          If in TX6 version 2 * 16 (andr. 9) pour the software from 4 * 32 (andr. 9) - Wi-Fi does not work.
          In the 4 * 32 (andr. 9) software there are no drivers for the XR819 chip.
          hat you need to do to start Wi-Fi ? I have a driver for this chip.
          Or is it scary hard ?

* Soft 4 * 32 is good because it is constantly updated.
          Last edited by Hikvision; 05-27-2019, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by ladesa View Post

I still can't believe how the 'pros' here recommend USB cable method. And the SD card method mentioned here is just wrong. You can't set the write mode to 'Startup!'. It supposed to be in 'Product'. Just follow the link above. Translate if necessary.
            Thank you for this, i was on the edge about buying this box, your message prevented me to do so, (
            was gutted because of all this nonsense)
            only because stock FW isn't good enough and SC roms around are so trusty !

Now the light is green i need to know which one to choose,
            i'd go for a cheaper 2X16 one if the chipset is compatible ...

Comment

Guys I need help please. It's very silly but for some reason I can't manouver or select anything in the Netflix app with my new tx6 remote. Any ideas?

Comment

Update flashing custom rom Android 7 on Tanix Tx6 4 GB Ram 32 GB storage. Don't remember stock firmware, but februar-ish 2019 I think.
                Note that I used SDmicro card rather then USB cable.
                SDmicro worked wonder. No notification that I needed to activate the Tanix after flashing custom ROM.

PS: AFAIK this method and this custom ROM will only work with Tanix Tx6 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM.
                1. Downloaded superceleron 's Custom ROM SVC1 from this thread
                2. Formatted the SDmicro first with Rufus3.5.exe
                3. Used PhoenixCard.exe to burn image file for custom ROM to SDmicro, Make sure you choose PRODUCT rather then startup with the radio button. PhoenixCard is in english btw.
                4. Turned off power from Tanix Tx6, inserted the SDmicro and powered on.
                5. Tanix started to flash from SDmicro and within a few minutes the green bar was complete and I could turn off power and remove SDmicro.
                6. Rebooted Tanix Tx6 and I noticed the boot was a little different then Android 9, and initial boot was a little slow as always with fresh install.
                7. Android 7 was working very smooth. No more stuttering on videofiles of moderate size. The largest BD rips still was too much but the ones I compressed a little was great, smooth and crisp and clear.

Sadly SPDIF optical out does not work in Android 7 either. But with the custom ROM I do get a notification when I connect the Tanix to external sound card with USB cable. I have not sorted the sound yet, so at the moment I get sound via HDMI and that is not optimal for me, but I manage until I work out the sound via USB.

If your Tanix Tx6 4*32 is unstable, or video stutter or keep buffering you might wanna try to downgrade and run the Custom ROM. The SVC1 Custom ROM seems way quicker and more responsive then stock Android 9, and is way better at playing video files. Now I can even play ISO files without any problems, stuttering or ongoing buffering. Very pleased. Try it if you feel like giving up on your Tx 6 4*32.

Thx superceleron for putting in the time and effort to make this custom rom.

Comment

Originally posted by blackholesun View Post
                  Update flashing custom rom Android 7 on Tanix Tx6 4 GB Ram 32 GB storage. Don't remember stock firmware, but februar-ish 2019 I think.
                  NIce work, that will help lots here!
                  I still dint had the time to touch the android 9 for this device so i really dont know how good it is!
                  Hope i one day have the time to do so...

Comment

How can I modify Allwinner firmwares? Is there anything like Amlogic tools? Any recovery available?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                      How can I modify Allwinner firmwares? Is there anything like Amlogic tools? Any recovery available?
                      no, no tools like amlogic, is a pain to modify allwinner!
                      Is all done by hand or like me with my own scripts!

Comment

Thanks! That is what I heard of too....

I saw recovery on 4PDA, do you have one?

Comment

• superceleron
                          superceleron commented
                          Editing a comment
                          hmm i really cant remember... for real i cant lol!

Will I be able to reflash android 9 if this rom asks for activation?
                        Thanks

Comment

Cant login in play store.... Is there a bug in this rom concerning playstore?

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
                          Last edited by Pestinha; 06-23-2019, 17:01.

Comment

I managed to flash the ROM using the SD Card method so no problems there. My issue is I cannot open Play Store. When I click on it, it thinks for a bit then crashes. I had this problem with the original ROM and it was actually one of the main reasons I flashed this new ROM on to the TX6 in the first place. I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all files and even deleting all updates and still no dice. I noticed when I deleted all updates, it simply just redownloads the latest version again. Has anyone found a solution for this? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
                            Last edited by nalbakri; 07-03-2019, 04:08. Reason: Can't stand typos.. :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X