Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Tanix TX6 - SCV1 Custom Rom ( Normal Android 7.0 )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed this rom to my TX6 box, but the wifi won't work. If I activate wifi in settings it keeps searching and after half a minute it turns itself off. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

It seems the most recent version of the TX6 hardware features a different WIFI chip. I would assume the same happens with Android 7 stock Rom. Maybe superceleron can add the driver if you post the hardware info here. Until then your only option might be to go back to Android 9 stock.

Comment

yes looks like you have a newer TX6 with another wifi chip...
        I really dont have the time this days to go back to this rom to add the new wifi.. unfortunately

Comment

Thanks for the rom, but.. It's useless for us who got the box recently with newer Wi-Fi chip.
          It seems they made a refresh in September/October 2019, maybe even slightly before that..
          Using LAN is not an option for me, so being off-line pretty much kills the purpose for using it.
          Is there some way to extract the Wi-Fi driver from stock 9.0 rom, then "copy" it into this rom?
          Any pointers on how should one do that? I've done similar "hacks" in past, so maybe I could try it..

Comment

Vendor partition should contain anything for your device....

Comment

Hmm.. While /vendor partition *can* contain drivers, it should only contain proprietary, "vendor-specific" drivers, i.e. the ones from manufacturer himself. So I think Wi-Fi drivers in this case are located somewhere inside the kernel itself. I googled a bit in the meanwhile, and most procedures having to do with kernel compiling and .img files repacking imply having a linux machine. Which I don't have, don't plan to install it, and don't have time to play with. So I flashed Android Pie back to my box and plan to use it in this crappy low performance state it came in when I bought it. At least it's rooted, maybe I'll find some tweeks which can help with minimal effort from my side.

Comment

Hi, my tanix 2g/16gb wont play ac3 and dts surround properly, the sound glitches and is unbearable. is this because of android 9? my other box, tanix tx3 mini is playing dts and ac3 beautifully. what can i do to get the tx6 2g/16gb to play dts and ac3? please someone help! ive been trying to play with the settings for a week now and still nothing.

Originally posted by thalueng View Post
                Superceleron's Custom SCV1 ROM for TX6 is awesome. Besides the mentioned advantages such as speed and a much smaller memory print, there are some crucial aspects to be considered:
                1. The box boots directly into the Nova Launcher, or any other launcher you might chose to install. Alice UX is gone, which prevented to boot directly into an alternative launcher.
                2. The Android boot animation is back, which is much more to my liking than the one in the stock ROM you can download, but this might be individual preference.
                3. Be aware that AC3, DTS, DTS-HD pass-through do not work for KODI on Android 9, but it does work on Android 7. This is neither a KODI issue nor a Tanix issue, as the necessary drivers are not included in Android 9 anymore.
                4. I use this ROM for several TX6 and one TX6-A. The stock Android 9 ROM works on both, but WIFI is broken on TX6-A as it uses a different WIFI chip. On stock Android 7 and SCV1 ROM WIFI it works on all devices. Unfortunately, Bluetooth does not work for the TX6-A on all ROMs.

Comment

Pendoo X6 PRO Android TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM

I need help in installing this rom. I have used software with male to male cable usb. i also have the reset button pressed. nothing happens. tried different computer as well.

Comment

Would it be possible to port Android10 from Tanix TX6S model?
                    Or, if I find .img file for it, could I just flash it and expect everything to work?
                    The only difference I see is H616 SoC, maybe the rest of the hardware is the same?

Comment

Originally posted by chidd87 View Post
                      Hi, my tanix 2g/16gb wont play ac3 and dts surround properly, the sound glitches and is unbearable. is this because of android 9? my other box, tanix tx3 mini is playing dts and ac3 beautifully. what can i do to get the tx6 2g/16gb to play dts and ac3? please someone help! ive been trying to play with the settings for a week now and still nothing.
                      The only way to play AC3 and DTS correctly is to use the KODI application. Didn't find any other solution because not official android boxes (like Tanix TX6) are not allowed to play those files with AC3/DTS due to some license issue. You can also flash the LibreELEC (just enough OS for KODI) on your Tanix TX6 and play AC3/DTS normally.

Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post
                      Pendoo X6 PRO Android TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM

I need help in installing this rom. I have used software with male to male cable usb. i also have the reset button pressed. nothing happens. tried different computer as well.
                      You have to plug the USB cable into the down USB port in your Tanix, not the up one. The up one does not work while flashing. I dunno why.

Originally posted by Burs View Post
                      Would it be possible to port Android10 from Tanix TX6S model?
                      Or, if I find .img file for it, could I just flash it and expect everything to work?
                      The only difference I see is H616 SoC, maybe the rest of the hardware is the same?
                      I made a post in the main topic about Tanix TX6 for your questions.

Comment

AC3 and DTS pass through have been removed from Android phone OS, it's not a license issue (who needs surround sound on a phone). It will not come back with Android 10 either. Flashing LibreELEC helps, but then it's not an Android Box anymore, Android apps won't work.

The reason why it works in Kodi on Android is because Kodi transcodes the sound. Pass through also does not work in Kodi on Android 9 phone. In addition, hevc coded video cannot be stopped and resumed in Kodi. 1080p with transcoded sound does not play smoothly.

I dumped the TX6 and got myself a box with proper Android TV 9 OS. Everything works beautifully, surround sound, hevc, etc. and is super-responsive without reboots and cleaning memory. It's a little more expensive but worth the money. Sideloading phone apps is easy with Aptoide, all apps are there. The box I'm using now is a Mecool KM9pro deluxe.
                        Last edited by thalueng; 01-01-2020, 23:43.

Comment

well my tanix tx3 mini plays ac3 and dts on all players including vlc. something is wrong the tx6 that i have. probably a fake. i read somewhere that it's prob a fake box since all the ports are upside down and there is no blue light when the box is on.

Comment

I dumped the TX6 and got myself a box with proper Android TV 9 OS. Everything works beautifully, surround sound, hevc, etc. and is super-responsive without reboots and cleaning memory. It's a little more expensive but worth the money. Sideloading phone apps is easy with Aptoide, all apps are there. The box I'm using now is a Mecool KM9pro deluxe.
                            I thought about buying Xiaomi Mi Box S 4K since it's official android TV device. Or maybe Tanix TX6S if all sound problems are gone in this model.

Originally posted by chidd87 View Post
                            well my tanix tx3 mini plays ac3 and dts on all players including vlc. something is wrong the tx6 that i have. probably a fake. i read somewhere that it's prob a fake box since all the ports are upside down and there is no blue light when the box is on.
                            I discovered that Eachlink-H6-Mini-20181122_V2 firmware plays AC3 and DTS normally on my Tanix TX6 4/32, so it looks like all sound problems are related to the firmare.

Comment

Xiaomi Mi Box S is Google certified, yes. 2GB RAM, no Ethernet port, only wireless, no IR interface, only Bluetooth, does not work with a System remote like Harmony. The Mecool KM9pro deluxe comes with 4GB, Ethernet and wireless, IR and Bluetooth, and is Google certified.

I haven't tried the Eachlink FW, but I guess it's Android 7 phone. And, I haven't seen any Tanix model which features anything else than Android phone, which means you are stuck with 7. Not a good decision, and not a good advice for anyone reading this topic. Maybe you want to read my previous post again?

Comment

I haven't tried the Eachlink FW, but I guess it's Android 7 phone. And, I haven't seen any Tanix model which features anything else than Android phone, which means you are stuck with 7. Not a good decision, and not a good advice for anyone reading this topic. Maybe you want to read my previous post again?
                                Frankly speaking, Android7 works much much better for me than Android9. It's just my TX6 is newer model, so WiFi doesn't work on Android7, otherwise I would always choose it instead of low-performant Android9. So the question, if I install Eachlink FW, what should I be prepared for? What doesn't work? If I won't have WiFi with that FW either, I won't even try it, because it pretty much kills the point of using the device (LAN is not an option for me, and I would mainly use it for streaming). Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X