Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Tanix TX6 - SCV1 Custom Rom ( Normal Android 7.0 )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nalbakri View Post
    I managed to flash the ROM using the SD Card method so no problems there. My issue is I cannot open Play Store. When I click on it, it thinks for a bit then crashes. I had this problem with the original ROM and it was actually one of the main reasons I flashed this new ROM on to the TX6 in the first place. I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all files and even deleting all updates and still no dice. I noticed when I deleted all updates, it simply just redownloads the latest version again. Has anyone found a solution for this? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    I had a ROM have issues with PlayStore, (Not this ROM), the PlayStore worked with out crashes, but the reason I knew something wasn't right was that it would only download and install one app at a time, even if you had 10+ apps pending updates, had to manually do one app at a time, was completely insane and time consuming. So my quick fix was to download and install Lucky_Patcher.apk, then the Modified Google Store that is provided from their app, and also did the "Patch to Android" - Now the store works perfectly fine, can let the pending updates pile up and click 'Update All' and everything will install. Also, make sure you have to latest version of Play Services installed, and the correct version for your device - there is an identifier code in the version number 16.0.89-040304-239467275, like that 040304 is the correct version I had last time I checked for my TX6.

Direct Download Link for LP: https://www.luckypatchers.com/download

*Note: Use the Installer.apk to install the main Lucky_Patcher and after installed you can uninstall the Installer and the main apk will be able to update internally.

Comment

After a lot of mucking about for most of today, I managed to find a solution that worked for me.

1. Reflashed the ROM.
      2. Created a new account on another device then signed up with it on my box.
      3. Cleared out the cache + files + updates on Play Store.
      4. Finally I deleted everything on Google Play Services (Cleared the cache then cleared all data).

Actually, I tried different combinations of these steps but when I followed this exact sequence, I finally could access the Play Store. Seeing that I had the problem before I flashed to SCV1 Custom Rom, I'm thinking something was mucked up on my original account (as in on the server) so every time I logged into it, it locked my out of the Store. Anyway, I hope this solution will work for whoever faces this problem in the future.

Also,
      Thanks for the advice Rick. I'll keep an eye on how my box is updating/downloading its apps, wasn't paying attention to it just now but if does do it one by one, I'll try out Lucky_Patcher.
      Cheers!

Comment

I have a Tx6 box but it's got a label on the top that says "Greatlizard". I bought it after an amazon recommendation. It looks identical to the ones you guys are posting pictures of. Am I safe to use this firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by cpljames View Post
          I have a Tx6 box but it's got a label on the top that says "Greatlizard". I bought it after an amazon recommendation. It looks identical to the ones you guys are posting pictures of. Am I safe to use this firmware?
          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Buying from Amazon is generally through a "Third-Pary Seller" - which is never good. "Greatlizard" must be another rebranding distributor, first I've heard of them.

Anyways if your device has the same CPU, same exdroid board, an doesn't have a locked Bootloader, and has the same type of ram, then most likely the firmware will work. If you don't know what you are doing trying to install firmwares then the "Am I Safe" question is probably No. But you won't know until you try if this firmware works for your device.
          Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 07-09-2019, 08:37. Reason: (spelling errors)

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Buying from Amazon is generally through a "Third-Pary Seller" - which is never good. "Greatlizard" must be another rebranding distributor, first I've heard of them.

Anyways if your device has the same CPU, same exdroid board, an doesn't have a locked Bootloader, and has the same type of ram, then most likely the firmware will work. If you don't know what you are doing trying to install firmwares then the "Am I Safe" question is probably No. But you won't know until you try if this firmware works for your device.
            Thanks for the reply man. I checked out the chipset. 4gb ddr3 ram, 32gb storage, and everything seems to be the same. It shipped with Android 9 and this Alice UX thing. I have a background in Android development with the OnePlus phones but this TV box was a bit of a curve ball. Not having TWRP and using this Phoenix Suit is pretty cool. Anyway, it is rooted. I even got magisk up and running on it. Now it's very slow so I'm looking to downgrade to Android 7. Is there anyway to do a backup before I try to flash the ROM? I don't see the option in the stock recovery.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by cpljames View Post
              It shipped with Android 9 ..... Now it's very slow so I'm looking to downgrade to Android 7
              What is the date code for the version in your box?
              Check the Forum thread by trebor where he did the TX6 device tear down and review, a posting there by hikvision has a diagram posted that tracks the development path for the firmwares for the TX6 which list both the Vendor track or Tanix track of releases. My TX6 has the 2019-04-19 Pie firmware installed, it is quite fast, I have added build.prop tweaks + init.d scripts + added a modded Tanix AliceUX Launcher from an Android 7 device (found that modified Alice apk somewhere online), because the Alice Launcher that came in 9.0 had some major bugs that made whole system seem Slow but the mod version was a big improvement. Device runs really good right now even though I know I should upgrade to the latest May or June OTA's.

Is there anyway to do a backup before I try to flash the ROM? I don't see the option in the stock recovery.
              In that same thread mentioned above by Trebor, I posted a link to the temporary TWRP for TX6_Pie that runs off SDcard:
              Download > save to external SDcard > Enter factory stock Recovery > important: MOUNT /system > Apply update from external > select TWRP.zip > about 1 min TWRP should boot. If your kernel has a different name scheme and throws back errors you might have to use the tempTWRP version for 7.0 posted by hikvision in that same forum thread or just modify the TWRP script in the zip to work.

I even got magisk up and running on it.
              Hmm didn't try installing Magisk myself, the Open Root the device ships with has outdated binaries but servers its purpose for me.

Comment

Check the Forum thread by trebor where he did the TX6 device tear down and review, a posting there by hikvision .
                Click image for larger version

Name:	firmware TX6.jpg
Views:	3218
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	778063

Comment

What is the date code for the version in your box?
                  Check the Forum thread by trebor where he did the TX6 device tear down and review, a posting there by hikvision has a diagram posted that tracks the development path for the firmwares for the TX6 which list both the Vendor track or Tanix track of releases. My TX6 has the 2019-04-19 Pie firmware installed, it is quite fast, I have added build.prop tweaks + init.d scripts + added a modded Tanix AliceUX Launcher from an Android 7 device (found that modified Alice apk somewhere online), because the Alice Launcher that came in 9.0 had some major bugs that made whole system seem Slow but the mod version was a big improvement. Device runs really good right now even though I know I should upgrade to the latest May or June OTA's.

In that same thread mentioned above by Trebor, I posted a link to the temporary TWRP for TX6_Pie that runs off SDcard:
                  Download > save to external SDcard > Enter factory stock Recovery > important: MOUNT /system > Apply update from external > select TWRP.zip > about 1 min TWRP should boot. If your kernel has a different name scheme and throws back errors you might have to use the tempTWRP version for 7.0 posted by hikvision in that same forum thread or just modify the TWRP script in the zip to work.

Hmm didn't try installing Magisk myself, the Open Root the device ships with has outdated binaries but servers its purpose for me.
                  My build says p281-20190508 testkeys it has a bunch of other garbage in the name but that's the most relevant to what you're referring to I think.

My device runs great once I remove Magisk. But Magisk tries to obtain root systemlessly. With this, you can run Xposed modules and theme every part of your system including the navigation bars, quick settings, or any other part of the ROM. It also allows you to run applications that don't like root. (IE: Netflix) by hiding the fact that you're rooted.

But when I install it, the system slows dramatically. I believe there are some dependencies Magisk is looking for that I couldn't flash without TWRP or some kind of recovery.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was actually reading through that whole post. I was thinking maybe I'd tear mine down and compare it but I'm still under warranty through Amazon. I'm just gonna try this TWRP injection and see if I can get a solid backup. Going back to Android 7 would allow me to run Gravity Box inside Magisk. Then you can customize every aspect of the ROM.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I just got to this community but I like it already

Comment

superceleron I gather you have not, and probably won't be getting back to this Tanix for a SC upgrade to 9pie os?
                    Also would like to pm you where your future rom work is headed.
                    Maybe get an opinion on a couple of recent devices on the market?
                    Last edited by ClarkKent; 07-17-2019, 08:32.
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                      superceleron I gather you have not, and probably won't be getting back to this Tanix for a SC upgrade to 9pie os?
                      Also would like to pm you where your future rom work is headed.
                      Maybe get an opinion on a couple of recent devices on the market?
                      Guess there wont be an Update

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

Guess there wont be an Update
                        Probably not.
                        Too many new goodies have hit the market. I was seriously considering the tanix h6, but I am hearing more oem difficulties being added to the box.
                        Unfortunately sc is the only allwinner dev in the neighborhood.
                        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Modifying is difficult due to missing tools like Amlogic's Customization Tool...

Comment

İmportant: This rom is 4GB Ram + 64 GB not work...

Comment

What a huge confusion my box has the animation of the left meaning android boot animation, does it mean I will not have the activation issue (is a TX6, even though it has Alice), which is here addressed? My box has android 9, which I don't like, is possible to downgrade to Android 7 through the Micro-SD method?
                              Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	782247

Comment

Originally posted by viggen66 View Post
                                What a huge confusion my box has the animation of the left meaning android boot animation, does it mean I will not have the activation issue (is a TX6, even though it has Alice), which is here addressed? My box has android 9, which I don't like, is possible to downgrade to Android 7 through the Micro-SD method?
                                Thanks
                                SDcard method works according to this forum post: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...563#post774563

But they also had a Tanix branded box. Another thing is your device must be the 4GB/32GB for this ROM.

And I suspect that with the Vendor Branded "TX6" with Android 'Balls' animation you might have the activation issue.

In the TX6 forum thread there is a link to the newest Pie firmware image for the Vendor branded TX6, I think dated from July, if you want to try upgrading to that with PhoenixUSB tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X