Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenySPb View Post
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=86241110
    Made firmware based on android 7.0. Everything is working. But one thing, the remote only works on a loaded set-top box, you cannot turn it on. Built-in Magisk, now Root access controlled. Nova launcher, everything is very fast and stable. Also in this post there is a fully working TWRP for android 7.
    Hi Benny,

Installed your 7.0 on a T95Max but I just cannot get it to display in portrait mode. Tried changing the flag in build.prop with no luck. installed Set Rotation but no luck. The image stays in landscape.
    Also, a few options are missing from the settings menu (like screen rotation and developer menu). Pressing more on the network menu crashes the settings app.
    Is there a way to install a base android 7,8 or 9 on this box?
    Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by joaopt; 08-08-2019, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by joaopt View Post

Hi Benny,

Installed your 7.0 on a T95Max but I just cannot get it to display in portrait mode. Tried changing the flag in build.prop with no luck. installed Set Rotation but no luck. The image stays in landscape.
      Also, a few options are missing from the settings menu (like screen rotation and developer menu). Pressing more on the network menu crashes the settings app.
      Is there a way to install a base android 7,8 or 9 on this box?
      Thank you for your help!
      hello can you please give exact steps how to install this?
      I'm trying to install using TWRP but I'm not able to even install TWRP I'm getting this error

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I tried using this on my Q+ box, it works perfect. Thanks all.

Comment

Hi Benny signed up just to say I shall be trying it on my Q+ box this afternoon looks like some good work thanks.

Comment

I got my T95 Maz H6 Allwinner box this week also and I can't get the damn thing to display anything except 720p
            My TV is an older 1080p model so I know I can't set it to run 4k or anything, but I'm getting annoyed it won't set and stick to 1080p.
            From the main device menu I select HDMI output and set that as 1080p and my TV acts like its receiving a 1080p picture, but when I go into the pre-installed KDPlayer which is running Kodi the only setup option is for 1280*720p, it doesn't give me a 1080p option like my old box. My question is this just the GUI in kodi, is it still capable of outputting a 1080p video?
            When I'm in the main menu of the box I go into the settings section and select HDMI and it gives me 720p or 1080p. I select 1080p, go back out and if I go back in again I'm given the same 2 options and no one is selected. I can repeat that over and over and it has no effect. Very frustrating stuff indeed.
            Anyone know if you can flash a custom rom on these boxes like you would a phone??

Comment

Originally posted by Rochyroch View Post
              ... My question is this just the GUI in kodi, is it still capable of outputting a 1080p video? ...
              GUI is running by default at 720p, but content is played at native resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                That does seem to be the case. Thanks for responding

Comment

can i ask if this firmware will work on any allwinner h6 devices ? to be more specific i want to use it on MX10 Pro 6k which is also allwinner h6 CPU

Comment

Originally posted by BenySPb View Post
                    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=86241110
                    Made firmware based on android 7.0. Everything is working. But one thing, the remote only works on a loaded set-top box, you cannot turn it on. Built-in Magisk, now Root access controlled. Nova launcher, everything is very fast and stable. Also in this post there is a fully working TWRP for android 7.
                    Originally posted by Dmtux View Post

https://mega.nz/#!rp4nzYLR!aR-bohR_W...R-UbimKQZbwuHs
                    this is a sd card restore img
                    download then extract files then burn the img to a 4gig or above fat32 formated scdard.using included win32 disk imager.
                    put the sd card in your box, then plug the hdmi and the power in the box and after a few seconds it will stard flashing.
                    when finished it says card ok and the green line will be full
                    then unglug the power, take the sdcard out. then power the box back on again.
                    after it fully boots up then perform a wireless update from the apps section.
                    hope it helps
                    Hi! if you have the time, can I request for a sd card restore for the android 7 version. I can't seem to flash it via pc. will really help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman1302 View Post

hello can you please give exact steps how to install this?
                      I'm trying to install using TWRP but I'm not able to even install TWRP I'm getting this error

Option 1:

Comment

Originally posted by jlee100 View Post

Hi! if you have the time, can I request for a sd card restore for the android 7 version. I can't seem to flash it via pc. will really help a lot.
                        I can’t help anymore, the prefix is ​​gone.

Comment

Hi everyone, have any of you managed to activate dolby surround on this device?
                          I have tried both the hdmi and spdif passthrough, connecting the sourround system via optical cable to the TV in the first case, and to the tv box in the second.
                          currently I have the build 2.1.15 (android 9) - kernel 4.9.118
                          if you can't do it with this fw, is there any way to change it? and by chance doing a downgrade to android 7.0 resolves?

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                            Not really.
                            Have exactly same android box and currently being unable to set hdmi output 1080p resolution for my FHD projector
                            It's hard to find the way to prove it but for my own checks downloaded focus patterns in 1080p and while my Mede8er MED600X3D shows them detailed properly android box fails at it showing downgraded picture.
                            Another way, much simpler, is playing 1080p content with MX Player and then while watching click the display options in bottom right . When you choose 100% the picture expands way beyond the frames of the screen.
                            So yeah, the problem remains. Currently googling how to root this crap box and get the proper resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Rochyroch View Post

That does seem to be the case. Thanks for responding
                              No it's not.
                              Check 1080p movie with MX player and then choose 100% picture display option (bottom right).

Comment

Originally posted by ivan78 View Post
                                can i ask if this firmware will work on any allwinner h6 devices ? to be more specific i want to use it on MX10 Pro 6k which is also allwinner h6 CPU
                                Thats the one i have and mine is acting up also.

I cant get into the factory restore using the AV button and plug in power but once in about 50 tries i can some times get it to boot and it will boot to the recovery threw the OS but then it wont boot again

Comment

Working...
                                X