GPU: Mali-T720
    System: Android 9.0
    CPU: Allwinner H6
    Core: Cortex A53,Quad Core
    RAM: 4G
    RAM Type: DDR3
    Max. Extended Capacity: 64G
    Decoder Format: H.264 / H.265 / H.263 / HD MPEG4
    Audio format: MP1/ MP2 / MP3 / WMA / OGG / AAC / M4A / FLAC / APE / AMR / RA / WAV
    Video format: 4K at 60fps, H.265, AVI, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVD / DIVX, Real8 / 9 / 10, RM, RMVB, PMP, FLV, MP4, M4V, VOB, WMV, 3GP, MKV
    Photo Format: JPEG / BMP / GIF / PNG / TIFF
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
    5G WiFi: Yes
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: 3.5mm Audio,AV,HDMI 2.0
    Antenna: Yes
    Camera: Without
    Language: English,French,Germany,Italian,Spanish
    DVD Support: Yes
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,DLNA,ISO Files,Miracast,NTSC,PAL
    External Subtitle Supported: Yes
    HDMI Function: CEC,HDCP
    RJ45 Port Speed: 100Mb
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA Battery ( not included )
    Product weight: 0.1200 kg
    Package weight: 0.3800 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 9.60 x 9.60 x 1.90 cm / 3.78 x 3.78 x 0.75 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 17.50 x 16.50 x 4.50 cm / 6.89 x 6.5 x 1.77 inches

Box and Bits

Remove the Base

Out with the PCB

Ports and Display, Note Using USB interface for power

GEARBEST
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

To Continue with the EACHLINK H6 Max Android 9.0 TV Box/4+64G
    Quick start,

Basic UI we have see before:
    Setup WiFi gppd logged into Google, update and installed testers all appears normal,

Running Android 9 looking ok and pretty smooth so far.
    I think A9 will be the savior of a lot of media players.

Not a lot to say really allwinner it works, Not a Speed machine but will have its uses for sure will all that space

UI

System

DRM L3

WiFi

Speed Test

All 4 core running and a Bit warm

GeekBench

File Manager

Ram and Storage Truth

AIDA64 and CPU-Z

Into clocks then this is for you

GEARBEST
    Last edited by trebor; 05-25-2019, 02:10.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The device is NOT ROOTED, and efforts to do so failed, which really limits the box's potential. I was especially disappointed because I asked Gearbest if it was rooted before I purchased it, and they said yes (my question and their answer are on their web page for this product).

In the post just above, it's interesting to note that in the "Android" page of the AIDA64 screen shots, it shows "Yes" next to "Rooted Device." But the "System" page in CPU-Z screen capture shows "No" next to "Root Access."

Also, the box is so tiny that the very small LED readout in front is unreadable from more than a few feet away, and the LED clock is always on 24-hour time, even when you set the on-screen time to 12-hour format.

My menu screen looks nothing like the "System" screen shown above - all selections are on the right side of the screen in one narrow column w/ very small print, and the rest of the TV screen (about 80%) to the left is blank. I have a 50-inch TV and had to move very close to the screen to read it. Weird and very inconvenient.

Also, the unit's power input is different than pictured, but in a good way: it's now the same type of input jack as on your phone. This is convenient, because if you lose the unit's power adapter, all you need is a standard USB wall charger and phone cord.

The lack of root is the biggest drawback for me, so much so that in less than 3 hours after receiving the item it's back in its packaging waiting to be shipped back for a refund.
      Last edited by jamaroney; 06-15-2019, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaroney View Post
        The device is NOT ROOTED, and efforts to do so failed, which really limits the box's potential. I was especially disappointed because I asked Gearbest if it was rooted before I purchased it, and they said yes (my question and their answer are on their web page for this product).

In the post just above, it's interesting to note that in the "Android" page of the AIDA64 screen shots, it shows "Yes" next to "Rooted Device." But the "System" page in CPU-Z screen capture shows "No" next to "Root Access."
        I have previous experience with Eachlink's other model, their original budget H6_mini, it also said no Root in apps like CPU-Z, but when I installed EsFile_Explore and triggered Root switch I was able to go into /system/ partition and do some modifications, which only would be allowed if in fact the device has some Root binaries. The main things I edited in /system were to debloat the firmware and install build.prop tweaks.

Also, the box is so tiny that the very small LED readout in front is unreadable from more than a few feet away, and the LED clock is always on 24-hour time, even when you set the on-screen time to 12-hour format.
        That was also problem with the original H6_mini.

My menu screen looks nothing like the "System" screen shown above - all selections are on the right side of the screen in one narrow column w/ very small print, and the rest of the TV screen (about 80%) to the left is blank. I have a 50-inch TV and had to move very close to the screen to read it. Weird and very inconvenient.
        Think trebor just did some Photoshop work to show all 3 window panes of the system side settings without having to post 3 different images when those settings bars only take 20% of the screen.

Also, the unit's power input is different than pictured, but in a good way: it's now the same type of input jack as on your phone. This is convenient, because if you lose the unit's power adapter, all you need is a standard USB wall charger and phone cord.
        The lack of root is the biggest drawback for me, so much so that in less than 3 hours after receiving the item it's back in its packaging waiting to be shipped back for a refund.
        The price is really affordable from Gearbest right now, its on flash sale. Why I was considering getting it, BUT watched a YouTubers review of the box and even with more Ram and Storage this new variant of the Eachlink H6 is WORSE Antutu and Geekbench4 scores then the previous H6_mini; and that was confirmed again with trebor review here. One would hope the manufacturer would have improved the firmware for new device seeing as it has same form factor and CPU. But NO they made it worse.

So in my opinion don't buy this unit. Stay away. The H6 Allwinner chip is capable of out performaning the budget Amlogic S905X and budget Rockchip RK3328, but the manufacturers really need to improve the firmwares. I don't know if it is problems in their System or Kernel but they all run extremely too hot in TV boxes. I don't see the H6 SBC crowd having this much trouble with CPU temps.

Comment

Further update:

Despite every possible combination of settings for the box itself and the software, I simply could not get Kodi nor SPMC (an old branch of Kodi) to send digital 5.1 signals from this box's SPDIF coax output to my amp.

The box supports surround sound - I was able to get 5.1 via MX player, but 5.1 from Kodi/SPMC was impossible. The best I could get was digital 2.0, and that took some doing, using counterintuitive settings.

I have an earlier Android box w/ the same 3.5mm digital coax jack - it yields 5.1 with Kodi/SPMC no problem.

Must be some incompatibility strictly between the software and this box's firmware - buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by jamaroney View Post
            Despite every possible combination of settings for the box itself and the software, I simply could not get Kodi nor SPMC (an old branch of Kodi) to send digital 5.1 signals from this box's SPDIF coax output to my amp.
            I have never use the SPDIF ports on tv boxes, I have both extra coax and optical cables, just never needed to use the port.

With any and all tv boxes I have had, the simplest way to assure I always got Surround Sound was to send both Video+Audio signals over HDMI to TV, then with my Samsung TV that is smart enough to split the Signal with adjusting its settings, would then always send Audio-Out from TV to my A/V receiver via an Optical SPDIF cable and get the quality Surround Sound that the TV box was rated at providing.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
              With any and all tv boxes I have had, the simplest way to assure I always got Surround Sound was to send both Video+Audio signals over HDMI to TV, then with my Samsung TV that is smart enough to split the Signal with adjusting its settings, would then always send Audio-Out from TV to my A/V receiver via an Optical SPDIF cable and get the quality Surround Sound that the TV box was rated at providing.
              That's not an option on my old Panasonic Plasma (still a great picture!)! All audio signals from the HDMI inputs get downmixed to 2.0 when going back out its optical SPDIF jack, and it even states so in the manual. It never made any sense to me - it meant that the only surround sound signal to come out of the unit would be from digital broadcasts (over-the air or TV coaxial cable).

Comment

Can anyone get the firmware for it

Comment

Hello,

can anyone advise me? My H6 MAX TV box can be seen in the photos in this state after connection. I can't get to the app preview. A small arrow lights up next to the clock on the display. I think I kind of launched the logo, but I can't turn it off. Does anyone know a way to turn it off?

Thank you
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X