The innards of the Flowfon F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The innards of the Flowfon F1

In case anybody wants to see what's inside the Flowfon F1...Allwinner H6 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM 2.4G + 5.8G WiFi 100Mbps USB3.0 BT4.1 Support 6K H.265 Android 9.
    Simple, Cheap and the picture is great. Works great so far
    Many apps in Playstore claim to be not compatible but when installed from another Market those apps work fine.
    Settings are sparse, just the basics. Fonts are too small for viewing from a distance and there is no setting. Whoever worked on developing this box must have been sitting right in front of it.
    Tried TopTv launcher it works except for widgets. Same for ATV launcher.
    Antutu score was 43589

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190823_174553.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	782028Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190823_173738.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	782029Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190823_173808.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	782030

HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Does it have micro stuttering in youtube ect?

the allwinner h6 is not that big of a powerhouse, how much for this device?

Comment

$33 US Dollars. Nope, can't say I notice any micro stuttering, plays smooth, just watched a bunch of YouTube to be sure...lol. I was surprised that the picture quality is noticeably better than the S912 and S905 boxes I have. Didn't expect a powerhouse, just wanted to try an Allwinner. It turned out to be better than I expected. I think the 4 GB of ram must be its savior but I'm only using it at 1080p.
      HK1 Pro Plus
      FlowFon F1
      MXQ Pro+
      R-TVBOX Mini+
      MK809III

Comment

I believe this device is just a Vendor/Distributor clone of the Eachlink H6-mini found on Gearbest.com. I tested the Eachlink when it first debuted and it suffered from heat issues, had a few quirks in the firmware, but for the most part a solid budget device for basic streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
          I believe this device is just a Vendor/Distributor clone of the Eachlink H6-mini found on Gearbest.com. I tested the Eachlink when it first debuted and it suffered from heat issues, had a few quirks in the firmware, but for the most part a solid budget device for basic streaming.
          It does look the same with the addition of a connector just behind the led display. The memory is a different number but the rom is the same. Same settings menus, slightly newer firmware. Temperature is 66C at idle. It settles in at 73C while streaming. I've seen it spike to the low 80s for short periods while performing various tasks. CPU temps are a little warmer than I would like. Top of the box is just warm to the touch. So far, I haven't seen any temperature related issues or firmware glitches. It would be nice is the fonts were larger and the the HDMI CEC switch was accessible so I could turn it on. I've seen those settings on other boxes through Droid Settings which isn't on this one
          I installed TopTV launcher and everything works except for widgets. Still much cleaner and customizable than the stock launcher.
          HK1 Pro Plus
          FlowFon F1
          MXQ Pro+
          R-TVBOX Mini+
          MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
            ....It would be nice is the fonts were larger and the the HDMI CEC switch was accessible so I could turn it on. I've seen those settings on other boxes through Droid Settings which isn't on this one
            Droid Settings usually refers to the SideBar settings available on TV boxes and Android Settings which is the basic main settings of the device a lot people refer to as "White Settings" becuase the background is always white. Android Settings should have the Font adjustment setting under the Display Tab or the Accessibility tab. But if the Rom doesn't allow "More Settings" symlink to Android Settings in the SideBar then it becomes difficult to access them. If you have Notification window available then with Mouse you can swipe it down to expose Setting Cog like on a Phone and enter directly into Android Settings.

Comment

Droid Settings usually refers to the SideBar settings available on TV boxes and Android Settings which is the basic main settings of the device a lot people refer to as "White Settings" becuase the background is always white. Android Settings should have the Font adjustment setting under the Display Tab or the Accessibility tab. But if the Rom doesn't allow "More Settings" symlink to Android Settings in the SideBar then it becomes difficult to access them. If you have Notification window available then with Mouse you can swipe it down to expose Setting Cog like on a Phone and enter directly into Android Settings.
              Sorry, I misspoke, it is as you said on my older boxes. This box only opens the sidebar on settings select. Don't have a notification window that I can find. I turned on high contrast text in accessibility and that helps a bit.
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtcut&hl=en_US
                This is link to old app QuickShortcutMaker, I wasn't able to download directly through Play store on my Pie TVbox but used Aurora Store and spoofed device to be a Nexus10 then was able to download and install.

In QuickShortcutMaker you can search "Settings" then select the correct one with package name "com.android.settings" then select first activity and on right side select the "Try" and the main Android Settings will open for you to change any settings you want. Easy peasy

*Note: the app can't actually create a shortcut or widget unless the framework and launcher allow it too, which in most cases is blocked.

And the app is designed for touch, so need air-mouse or mouse toggle remote to select the "Settings>Settings" activity and to select TRY.
                Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 08-24-2019, 17:16. Reason: added info

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtcut&hl=en_US
                  This is link to old app QuickShortcutMaker, I wasn't able to download directly through Play store on my Pie TVbox but used Aurora Store and spoofed device to be a Nexus10 then was able to download and install.

In QuickShortcutMaker you can search "Settings" then select the correct one with package name "com.android.settings" then select first activity and on right side select the "Try" and the main Android Settings will open for you to change any settings you want. Easy peasy

*Note: the app can't actually create a shortcut or widget unless the framework and launcher allow it too, which in most cases is blocked.

And the app is designed for touch, so need air-mouse or mouse toggle remote to select the "Settings>Settings" activity and to select TRY.
                  Thanks for that, Installed the app. "com.android.settings" didn't get returned on the search. Only "com.android.tv.settings" but it just opened the same sidebar menus.
                  HK1 Pro Plus
                  FlowFon F1
                  MXQ Pro+
                  R-TVBOX Mini+
                  MK809III

Comment

Did you try just searching "Settings" ??? When I first used the QuickShortcut I just scrolled through all the different options available to find the Settings then activate it. On my Allwinner H6 device the TV SideBar settings also doesn't link to the Android.Settings but I am able to find it using the QuickShortcutMaker. I know ROMs can block UI access to the Android.Settings in the Framework but it is generally mandatory for it to be in /system/priv-app/ as a main root privileged apk to facilitate different settings options in the background.

One normal workaround I've done before is select every available option in the TV SideBar Settings and see which one links you to the white fullscreen Android.Settings because then you should be able to hit the Arrow in top left corner and return to the main page header for Android.Settings to adjust other settings.

Good luck.

Comment

Did you try just searching "Settings" ??? When I first used the QuickShortcut I just scrolled through all the different options available to find the Settings then activate it. On my Allwinner H6 device the TV SideBar settings also doesn't link to the Android.Settings but I am able to find it using the QuickShortcutMaker. I know ROMs can block UI access to the Android.Settings in the Framework but it is generally mandatory for it to be in /system/priv-app/ as a main root privileged apk to facilitate different settings options in the background.

One normal workaround I've done before is select every available option in the TV SideBar Settings and see which one links you to the white fullscreen Android.Settings because then you should be able to hit the Arrow in top left corner and return to the main page header for Android.Settings to adjust other settings.

Good luck.
                      Thanks again, Here's a pic of what I see when I search Settings. I went through the entire list too. One of the links in com.android.tv.settings added developer options to the sidebar settings, as though I had clicked on the build number to get the developer option.
                      When clicking through all of the sidebar options, only 1 opens what looks like a white settings screen, it's under About>Legal information> Ads but clicking the left arrow just returns back to the sidebar.

Name:	quick settings.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	782166
                      HK1 Pro Plus
                      FlowFon F1
                      MXQ Pro+
                      R-TVBOX Mini+
                      MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post

Thanks again, Here's a pic of what I see when I search Settings. I went through the entire list too. One of the links in com.android.tv.settings added developer options to the sidebar settings, as though I had clicked on the build number to get the developer option.
                        When clicking through all of the sidebar options, only 1 opens what looks like a white settings screen, it's under About>Legal information> Ads but clicking the left arrow just returns back to the sidebar.

Name:	quick settings.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	782166
                        install com.android.settings, dont see it in your image only tv settings and some launcher settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

install com.android.settings, dont see it in your image only tv settings and some launcher settings.
                          Thanks for the rely. You're right, com.android.settings is not there. I'll try to figure out how to go about installing it or if I can.
                          HK1 Pro Plus
                          FlowFon F1
                          MXQ Pro+
                          R-TVBOX Mini+
                          MK809III

Comment

Guys, tried numerous times to flash a different firmware to this box but the toothpick method just wont work. Any suggestions?
                            Last edited by Kierc.0857; 10-12-2019, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Kierc.0857 View Post
                              Guys, tried numerous times to flas a different firmware to this box but the toothpick method just wont work. Any suggestions?
                              make sure to use sub 2.0 for flash, it has to be a usb data cable, you tried to connect power cord?

plug in usb, hold reset button and then connect power.

you can also try to reinstall the drivers make sure to disable driver signature verification in windows

Comment

Working...
                              X