Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vasko_kl View Post
    Hello, I want to change the software of my tx6s 4/32 with android 9, is there any software for this model ?
    No

Comment

And the original Firmware for TX6S, you have it, Turkmenator ?

Comment

My supplier finally replied to my lack of 5g and said to lower the channel to below 50. Nada. Still nothing. Anyone having this unit having an issue with 5g ? I'm returning these boxes as soon as possible.

Comment

Hello guys, my new Tanix TX6s (4/64) have BIG problem too. No internet conections with wifi or ethernet, so i tried factory reset and now box show wifi and ethernet is connected but still no internet ... my second box Kiii with A5.1 working great ... so, any idea?
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Guys,

So I have made progress for myself. After I had installed a few programs, the box no longer started. But I figured out how to get into recovery. I was able to do a factory reset and now it works again. But as you can see in the recovery there is a possibility to mount the system partition, for me it means to make this writable. Is my assumption correct?

Greetings Tom
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Somebody got the Firmware of theTX6S in the meanwhile? trebor sure you have good contacts to Tanix - you cannot get it?

Comment

Alibaba accepted my return to my seller, sending 8 of these back tomorrow. I think Tanix and I will part ways, they are terrible at support. Impossible to contact is never a good business model. Beelink it is, and x96 max.

Comment

ooohhh, great news.

Comment

Hi,One guy from 4pda.ru talked on Skype with Tanix support about wifi 5.8GHz bug.They answer.
                    In brief:
                    Tanix 12:54
                    Due to coronavirus, Tanix offices and the whole factory building remain closed following government indications.
                    Some guys are now working remotely from home, but that's a very limited way to work for certain things.
                    The H616 box wifi is Ap6330, the 5Ghz bug may be about country code in driver, could you tell us which country you are in and we will later release firmware update for TX6S
                    we are not sure when new firmwares will be released as we can't work yet

tombraga you can write to Tanix support about your problem
                    Last edited by Turkmenator; 02-13-2020, 13:10.

Comment

Thanks Turkmenator for your Informations.

Comment

Originally posted by Turkmenator View Post
                        Hi,One guy from 4pda.ru talked on Skype with Tanix support about wifi 5.8GHz bug.They answer.
                        In brief:
                        Due to coronavirus, Tanix offices and the whole factory building remain closed following government indications.
                        Some guys are now working remotely from home, but that's a very limited way to work for certain things.
                        The H616 box wifi is Ap6330, the 5Ghz bug may be about country code in driver, could you tell us which country you are in and we will later release firmware update for TX6S

Here's hoping they get on it soon. Take a pill and do the update. I had the ok to return the 8 I have, but they stick me with paying for shipping. It's half what I payed. so they win and I'll keep them and wait for an update. My supplier lost a customer, and so did Tanix.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky57 View Post

Here's hoping they get on it soon. Take a pill and do the update. I had the ok to return the 8 I have, but they stick me with paying for shipping. It's half what I payed. so they win and I'll keep them and wait for an update. My supplier lost a customer, and so did Tanix.
                          This is your personal commercial risk.
                          You bought a completely unknown, new product at a low price.
                          Fresh boxes rarely work right away.

Comment

In brief:

Shit WIfi Module in budget box, why do they continue to use these old shitty modules...

AP6330 Description :

The wireless module complies with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standard and it can achieve up to a speed of 72.2Mbps with single stream in 802.11n draft, 54Mbps as specified in IEEE 802.11g, or 11Mbps for IEEE 802.11b to connect to the wireless LAN. The integrated module provides SDIO interface for WiFi,UART / PCM interface for Bluetooth FM.

Info from here:
                            http://www.datasheetcafe.com/ap6330-datasheet-pdf/
                            • Another wiki website confirms this module is only for 2.4GHz, 1T1R antenna, with max transmission speed of 150Mbps
                            I am so disappointed in Tanix, which I usually recommend regularly,
                            Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 02-18-2020, 05:44. Reason: typo

Comment

This is your personal commercial risk.
                              You bought a completely unknown, new product at a low price.
                              Fresh boxes rarely work right away.
                              Yep. Either way there will be an update. I know now thanks to your links that the 5g problem is known and they are working on it. They are in a viral predicament, what must be a nightmare for them.Hopefully all goes well for them

I do fell somewhat used, though as we are beta testing for them.

Comment

^ UPDATE ^ I recieved thie link today for a firmware update. https://wetransfer.com/downloads/eea...4c423e5fZFaF3d

The update did provide the driver for 5g and found my 5g network. Sadly the speed for it came in at 39 mbps whereas the x96 max recorded 230. I pay for 200. Baby steps ,but wondering if this now is a hardware issue instead of firmware.

Comment

Working...
                                X