Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then..., anybody has tested the firmware? Jjjj

Comment

i just buyed it , fell it more like A Unqualified products
      64Bit SOC ?BUT 32Bit SYSTEM ;
      Slow system response?
      Original Kodi work on 1280*720 only?can not update?must unstall it and download new one?
      some software bug
      .........Very bad feeling

i spended all weekend to find out how to update FW.
      UPDATE FW very complex

it need :1,A to A USB Cable
      2,PhoenixSuit V1.1
      3,WIN PC

step1?open Developer model ?6Xclick Settings > About Phone > Build Number?
      step2?into Developer menu ?near USB debugging option ?find " OPEN USB OTG or OPEN USB CONNECT or Similar option“ SET IS ALLOW?
      step3, CONNECT T6XS WITH A to A USB Cable?MUST USB Port0?RJ45 Side??PC will found new HW?USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)?install driver ?\phoenixsuit\Drivers\AW_Driver?
      step4? If the connection is successful ?PhoenixSuit will appear informing you device.
      setp5?then chioce FW20200220,and update!

the new FW only fixed: Kodi work on 1280*720 only
      The software system is still shit

Comment

Finally have time to test out this device again, so now am downloading the Bqueel ROM to see how it does.

But firstly wanted to test out the 2020-02-15 Tanix ROM myself, and oh boy does it get HOT! was 80*C at idle and easily hitting 90*C at mild load conditions.
        Just to see if Antutu would work, and it did, I ran a test with version 8.1.9 - Score 36573
        Compared to MiBox S which I just updated to the official Android 9 release and the scored 47K - but I was also using the Antutu GO version 8.0.8 - either way the H616 has a lot of debug issues to fix before this device is anything close to be stable.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyonce View Post
          i just buyed it , fell it more like A Unqualified products
          64Bit SOC ?BUT 32Bit SYSTEM ;
          Slow system response?
          Original Kodi work on 1280*720 only?can not update?must unstall it and download new one?
          some software bug
          .........Very bad feeling

i spended all weekend to find out how to update FW.
          UPDATE FW very complex

2,PhoenixSuit V1.1
          3,WIN PC

step1?open Developer model ?6Xclick Settings > About Phone > Build Number?
          step2?into Developer menu ?near USB debugging option ?find " OPEN USB OTG or OPEN USB CONNECT or Similar option“ SET IS ALLOW?
          step3, CONNECT T6XS WITH A to A USB Cable?MUST USB Port0?RJ45 Side??PC will found new HW?USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)?install driver ?\phoenixsuit\Drivers\AW_Driver?
          step4? If the connection is successful ?PhoenixSuit will appear informing you device.
          setp5?then chioce FW20200220,and update!

the new FW only fixed: Kodi work on 1280*720 only
          The software system is still shit
          2,PhoenixSuit V1.1
          3,WIN PC

This is complex?

What's complex about buying a A to A USB Cable?

Name a PC or Laptop that actually uses usb mirco or mini ports for anything PC related.

Comment

So I got this box branded differently by a company named tictid* but all the specs and the looks are exactly the same. and I agree the UI is horrific. What does it take for anyone to make something like ATVxperience for boxes like this? I can help with product management part of the effort if any devs are into it.

*I dont know if links are allowed here or not but you can look up the box on amazon canada as "TICTID Android 10.0 TV Box"
            `

Comment

Originally posted by bilaliz View Post
              So I got this box branded differently by a company named tictid* but all the specs and the looks are exactly the same. and I agree the UI is horrific. What does it take for anyone to make something like ATVxperience for boxes like this? I can help with product management part of the effort if any devs are into it.

*I dont know if links are allowed here or not but you can look up the box on amazon canada as "TICTID Android 10.0 TV Box"
              `
              Because no one who knows what they are doing really wants to deal with cripped, designed for and aimed at 2-year old toddlers utterly useless interfaces like ATVxperience or Android TV itself other than people like you.

It's also why GUI's like Windows 10 and Gnome 3 are so widely despised.....

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

Because no one who knows what they are doing really wants to deal with cripped, designed for and aimed at 2-year old toddlers utterly useless interfaces like ATVxperience or Android TV itself other than people like you.

It's also why GUI's like Windows 10 and Gnome 3 are so widely despised.....
                before I posted my comment I read through this entire thread, in every single post you where hostile and condescending to people. As a baby how many times did your mother drop you on your head? or are you just a cross with a bitbull?

you are not adding any value to the discussion, now shutup and sit down.

Comment

Hi ,

to both , please be friendly , i am not a Allwinner Pro , but to be sure what PCB is used

you have to look inside , but i think you both will not find much for it , really bad support ,

in Future buy a AML or RK BOX but NOT Allwinner , this is what you both can learn from it ,

for Netflix you need DRM L1 and this has nearly no ChinaBox .

Buy a Shield or a better AML S912 / Ugoos / Beelink , but always remember your needs &

inform before buy ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

before I posted my comment I read through this entire thread, in every single post you where hostile and condescending to people. As a baby how many times did your mother drop you on your head? or are you just a cross with a bitbull?

you are not adding any value to the discussion, now shutup and sit down.
                    If you don't like the answer, then don't ask stupid questions or make stupid statements like asking why people don't like or want to use ATVxperience or Android TV.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

If you don't like the answer, then don't ask stupid questions or make stupid statements like asking why people don't like or want to use ATVxperience or Android TV.
                        once again, shut up and sit down.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                          RISCy Dude commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This ends now. It takes two. Last warning.

Originally posted by belloto View Post
                        Then..., anybody has tested the firmware? Jjjj
                        YES, the Bqeel B1Max/TX6s 2020-02-25 firmware installs into my TX6s 4gb/32gb device. Method used for install is : Download and install the Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool

Firmware is a small improvement over the last several release variants, but only minor Android changes where made, and the biggest flaws are in the Kernel. Specifically the GPU, it is not running at full power or have Vulkan activated.

Problems:
                        1. build.prop's errors :
                        • have AndroidGO defaults applied
                        • Low-Ram flag is activated, the low-ram flag is only suppose to be used for devices with less than 2GB of Ram, not for devices 2gb ram or more.
                        • still has Amlogic brand as Manufacturer and Device labeling as p281 which is for S905W chipsets
                        • in prop device is still labeled OpenGL ES 2.0 (should be OpenGL ES 3.2)
                        • Vulkan has a prop to turn it on or off and it is left blank because the required files to activate it are not in the ROM.
                        • screen density set at 720p
                        1. Apps/System :
                        • SystemUI has no access to Recents window for multi-tasking, no app could activate Recents
                        • old version of android WebView, AOSP version 74 still being used, not updating WebView is a security flaw
                        • old Kodi 18.1 still installed with a Zip file for pirate Add-ons installed in { /system }
                        • Google Play Services is old and still wont self update, download current version from ApkMirror.com and installed manually no problem
                        • Google Play Store is old AndroidTV store version and when updated it continually crashes, why = probably because the standard mobile/tablet google services are not suppose to be used with androidTV google store, but if you install stock mobile store it won't even open because the system thinks it is running AndroidTV. So download what you need for TV styled apps then use an alternative app store like Aurora store or ApkPure to download all your other apps.
                        1. WiFi/Ethernet:
                        • must only be on N-band or weaker, 5G is still only 65 Mbps Link Speed, and with box only 1 meter away from router the best it can do is 20-25 Mbps download on 5G
                        • Ethernet is only achieving 60-70 Mbps download on my 200MB network, box is sold as Fast Ethernet which should at least be 90 Mbps.
                        1. ROOT :
                        • Root is now somewhat fixed, it is recognized by more apps
                        • But the problem is that not all Rooted Apps work properly, the major issue is that BusyBox needs to be updated and installed in { /xbin } , once this is done then the apks that need root will start working properly
                        1. Temperature :
                        • Device idles at 69*C
                        • Can hit as high 85*C under load
                        • This is not too bad, except for fact that the device was advertised as running Cooler than the old H6 and it does not.

To illustrate how bad the GPU is functioning, here is 3Dmark benchmark comparison between H6 and H616 :

H616 + Mali-G31
                        Sling Shot = 230
                        Ice Storm Extreme = 2240
                        Ice Storm Unlimited = 3929

H6 + Mail-T720
                        Sling Shot = 124
                        Ice Storm Extreme = 4192
                        Ice Storm Unlimited = 6850

New chip and especially the Mali-G31 should be miles ahead of the old Mali-T720 GPU, but as benchmarks are showing the truth, this firmware, if not the whole device is complete trash.
                        Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 03-16-2020, 01:55. Reason: added info about root and temperature

Comment

once again, shut up and sit down.
                          KMA

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                            RISCy Dude commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Both of you will end this nasty behavior immediately, or,...I can take care of it for you, your choice.

Hi ,

Nice to see , Risky Dude , hope both calm down , had 2 Flags because of it ,

Flagger did the right , good hope for the Future that they do it right now , we

all have Errors , nobody is pefect , but to know and change it is the best thing ,

i know it is frustrating to see , that there is no Support for the Box that bought ,

next Time they buy a Shield , or Ugoos or similar better supported China Boxes ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                            RISCy Dude commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It would have been nice had the flagger listened, they were doing the right thing with the flags. Unfortunately reason escaped the flagger and they had to escalate unnecessarily. It bothered me when they disrespected you, you put a lot of effort in to Freaktab and certainly deserve better.

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

YES, the Bqeel B1Max/TX6s 2020-02-25 firmware installs into my TX6s 4gb/32gb device. Method used for install is : Download and install the Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool

Firmware is a small improvement over the last several release variants, but only minor Android changes where made, and the biggest flaws are in the Kernel. Specifically the GPU, it is not running at full power or have Vulkan activated.

Problems:
                          1. build.prop's errors :
                          • have AndroidGO defaults applied
                          • Low-Ram flag is activated, the low-ram flag is only suppose to be used for devices with less than 2GB of Ram, not for devices 2gb ram or more.
                          • still has Amlogic brand as Manufacturer and Device labeling as p281 which is for S905W chipsets
                          • in prop device is still labeled OpenGL ES 2.0 (should be OpenGL ES 3.2)
                          • Vulkan has a prop to turn it on or off and it is left blank because the required files to activate it are not in the ROM.
                          • screen density set at 720p
                          1. Apps/System :
                          • SystemUI has no access to Recents window for multi-tasking, no app could activate Recents
                          • old version of android WebView, AOSP version 74 still being used, not updating WebView is a security flaw
                          • old Kodi 18.1 still installed with a Zip file for pirate Add-ons installed in { /system }
                          • Google Play Services is old and still wont self update, download current version from ApkMirror.com and installed manually no problem
                          • Google Play Store is old AndroidTV store version and when updated it continually crashes, why = probably because the standard mobile/tablet google services are not suppose to be used with androidTV google store, but if you install stock mobile store it won't even open because the system thinks it is running AndroidTV. So download what you need for TV styled apps then use an alternative app store like Aurora store or ApkPure to download all your other apps.
                          1. WiFi/Ethernet:
                          • must only be on N-band or weaker, 5G is still only 65 Mbps Link Speed, and with box only 1 meter away from router the best it can do is 20-25 Mbps download on 5G
                          • Ethernet is only achieving 60-70 Mbps download on my 200MB network, box is sold as Fast Ethernet which should at least be 90 Mbps.
                          1. ROOT :
                          • Root is now somewhat fixed, it is recognized by more apps
                          • But the problem is that not all Rooted Apps work properly, the major issue is that BusyBox needs to be updated and installed in { /xbin } , once this is done then the apks that need root will start working properly
                          1. Temperature :
                          • Device idles at 69*C
                          • Can hit as high 85*C under load
                          • This is not too bad, except for fact that the device was advertised as running Cooler than the old H6 and it does not.

To illustrate how bad the GPU is functioning, here is 3Dmark benchmark comparison between H6 and H616 :

H616 + Mali-G31
                          Sling Shot = 230
                          Ice Storm Extreme = 2240
                          Ice Storm Unlimited = 3929

H6 + Mail-T720
                          Sling Shot = 124
                          Ice Storm Extreme = 4192
                          Ice Storm Unlimited = 6850

New chip and especially the Mali-G31 should be miles ahead of the old Mali-T720 GPU, but as benchmarks are showing the truth, this firmware, if not the whole device is complete trash.
                          Good news. Maybe with other firmware works better.

Comment

Working...
                          X