Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a new version? Is it possibble to install other OS in this box?

Comment

Received update via Local Update this morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	2DE39387-5870-4C85-8C4C-C481FADB5B5F.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	801826

Name:	19220D06-0BDC-4F34-8323-EBF3C9DD5B51.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	801825
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Any Changelog on this new update?

Or did you notice any significant changes with this new update?

Don't know if you noticed, but there is a new update via the local update app for April, maybe you should try it out since you seem like the most knowledgable here.

BTW I have the Ninkbox N6 Plus and I believe it is an exact rebrand of the Tanix TX6s. Same information is in aida64 and same issues as described as everyone else. Thought I would let everyone know if this thread pops up, and I will be trying to flash the TX6S firmware updates to see if they work/improve my device

Comment

Originally posted by Cob View Post
          Received update via Local Update this morning

Name:	2DE39387-5870-4C85-8C4C-C481FADB5B5F.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	801826

Name:	19220D06-0BDC-4F34-8323-EBF3C9DD5B51.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	801825
          Did the update fix performance issues for you?

Comment

Originally posted by banditjackpotty View Post
            Don't know if you noticed, but there is a new update via the local update app for April, maybe you should try it out since you seem like the most knowledgable here.
            According to the Kernel in Cob's pictures above his firmware is March, 17 2020 (normally your kernel build date is same day as firmware build date with and acceptable production variance of 1-2 days); then if you read further back there is mentioned firmware 20200323 and 20200331 and are quote "NEW" firmwares, so my question is there in fact an April release firmware or are the different vendor model H616 devices just receiving the March update in staggered rollout???
            Update your device and posted your Build number.

BTW I have the Ninkbox N6 Plus and I believe it is an exact rebrand of the Tanix TX6s.
            Yes, most likely a clone, sometimes I think the parent company of Tanix is just a Middleware designer that partners with an OEM to release devices for different vendors.

Same information is in aida64 and same issues as described as everyone else. Thought I would let everyone know if this thread pops up, and I will be trying to flash the TX6S firmware updates to see if they work/improve my device
            I will try to make sometime today to see if my device receives the OTA update today and post the build number.

Comment

Update done with USB pen.

Now the box is running much better.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

What is your Build number listed in Settings>About ???

Comment

Cupid_p1-userdebug 10QP1A.191105.004 eng. hanxia.
                  20200331.094537 test-keys

Comment

My OTA update build is also dated 20200331 despite the March 17th kernel date.

Comment

The only problem I’ve come across with the OTA update is that the clock seems to be running slow. It’s loses ~20 seconds every couple of hours. It’ll be a good 2 or 3 minutes slow when I get up tomorrow morning. A reboot resets it.

Comment

I'll check tomorrw. Thanks.

What about this?

Firmware disponible para recuperar el TV-Box T95 con el SoC Allwinner H616 que integra procesadores ARM Cortex-A53 y una GPU ARM Malí-G31 MP2. De este Smart Box hay versiones con 2/4GB de RAM DDR3 y 16/32/64 GB de memoria de almacenamiento eMMc que podemos ampliar gracias a el lector de tarjetas microSD que incluye este

What's your opinion? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

I did the same update.zip for my box, build 20200331 and kernel dated Mar 17 2020.

Firmware was aggravating me, so didn't do much testing, just updated apps, will test more tomorrow.

One thing noticed already is device Over-heating and CPU throttling, didn't changelog say they fixed temperature lol

Comment

I did the same update.zip for my box, build 20200331 and kernel dated Mar 17 2020.

Firmware was aggravating me, so didn't do much testing, just updated apps, will test more tomorrow.

One thing noticed already is device Over-heating and CPU throttling, didn't changelog say they fixed temperature lol

Successfully updated my ninkbox N6 plus using the same update zip as you with the same build. No other updates available according to the local update app.

Device still runs like hot garbage. After 1 hour of use, 80-90 degree idle. However core 1 and 3 no longer show as sleeping for me. Still slow.

I actually emailed ninkbox and they sent me a ninkbox firmware but it looks to me to be the 20200306... So maybe it's older and worse unless ninkbox does their own updating that Tanix doesn't do. I can post for anyone that wants it but I haven't tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by belloto View Post
                              I'll check tomorrw. Thanks.

What about this?
                              Firmware disponible para recuperar el TV-Box T95 con el SoC Allwinner H616 que integra procesadores ARM Cortex-A53 y una GPU ARM Malí-G31 MP2. De este Smart Box hay versiones con 2/4GB de RAM DDR3 y 16/32/64 GB de memoria de almacenamiento eMMc que podemos ampliar gracias a el lector de tarjetas microSD que incluye este

What's your opinion? Thanks
                              Saw YouTube review of this device and firmware looked like it worked halfway decently. I think I will try installing this into my device, I believe they are same PCB board, and only thing is the clock looks different, so possible no clock after installation.

I spent at over 2 hours trying all the different tweaks I learned from H6(original TX6) on the new 20200331 ROM and nothing could make the H616 running any better. It seems like Allwinner Cut-Off the balls of the H6 to make this H616, it is trash.

Comment

This firmware is much better, but i not be able to install ANDROID TV version apps, for me, only mobile versions works.

I've installed Netflix, Movistar+, Disney+, Prime Video and KODI. Prime Video doesn't work in any version, the other apps only in mobile version.

The OS is very slow, but is better than last version.

What's happen if I install this file: https://mega.nz/file/yqhFzA4Q#T7b6ns...qV5X1L_TG7_SuE

The format is equal to update.zip from Tanix in the previous update. RiCkLaR_atvX, have you tried to install?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X