Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by banditjackpotty View Post
    Successfully updated my ninkbox N6....
    ... So maybe it's older and worse unless ninkbox does their own updating that Tanix doesn't do. I can post for anyone that wants it but I haven't tried it.
    Parent company of Tanix is Oranth, I believe all these other clone devices like Ninkbox all get their firmware from Oranth.

Way to confirm is with a file manger look at all the package names for the system apps of a stock ROM and you may see things like : com.oranth.tvsettings

Comment

Originally posted by belloto View Post
      This firmware is much better, but i not be able to install ANDROID TV version apps, for me, only mobile versions works.

I've installed Netflix, Movistar+, Disney+, Prime Video and KODI. Prime Video doesn't work in any version, the other apps only in mobile version.

The OS is very slow, but is better than last version.
      What firmware you describing? Date?

What's happen if I install this file: https://mega.nz/file/yqhFzA4Q#T7b6ns...qV5X1L_TG7_SuE
      The format is equal to update.zip from Tanix in the previous update. RiCkLaR_atvX, have you tried to install?
      Thanks.
      Hmm, did you upload this to Mega yourself? I didn't see it being shared on Mega yesterday when I tried to download that firmware.

When installing an OTA.update.zip the date of the build number must be newer then what is installed into device. So if you are on a March firmware you can't flash the January OTA because the system will see the date and deny installation because it is older version.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        What firmware you describing? Date?

Hmm, did you upload this to Mega yourself? I didn't see it being shared on Mega yesterday when I tried to download that firmware.

When installing an OTA.update.zip the date of the build number must be newer then what is installed into device. So if you are on a March firmware you can't flash the January OTA because the system will see the date and deny installation because it is older version.
        No. That mega link is from androidpc.es. i didn't know that the OTA date would must be newer than the installed one so...., Is there a box with this hardware and a newer software version to check?

Thanks

Comment

No. That mega link is from androidpc.es. i didn't know that the OTA date would must be newer than the installed one so...., Is there a box with this hardware and a newer software version to check?

Thanks
          This is precisely why companies are locking down the firmware on their devices, to keep guys like you from screwing up other people devices by passing around firmware you shouldn't be. Can't say I can't blame them after seeing stuff like this either. Dude if the firmware is not meant for your device, *DON"T SCREW AROUND WITH IT* especially if you don't know what the hell you are doing. Why the hell would the new OTA fiirmware date be *OLDER* than the firmware that is already installed on the device? That alone should tell you not to install the firmware on your device, especially if you didn't get the firmware from the people who made your device.

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

This is precisely why companies are locking down the firmware on their devices, to keep guys like you from screwing up other people devices by passing around firmware you shouldn't be. Can't say I can't blame them after seeing stuff like this either. Dude if the firmware is not meant for your device, *DON"T SCREW AROUND WITH IT* especially if you don't know what the hell you are doing. Why the hell would the new OTA fiirmware date be *OLDER* than the firmware that is already installed on the device? That alone should tell you not to install the firmware on your device, especially if you didn't get the firmware from the people who made your device.
            Be calm man. I only want to use my device so, i'm looking for alternatives.

I don't say that you have to install this or other firmware in your device, I only wanted to know what possibility would there be to install a different software y the same hardware.

You can do what you want, of course.

Thanks.

Comment

Be calm man. I only want to use my device so, i'm looking for alternatives.

I don't say that you have to install this or other firmware in your device, I only wanted to know what possibility would there be to install a different software y the same hardware.

You can do what you want, of course.

Thanks.
              The question is why are you even bothering to flash the firmware on the device if you don't aren't willing to learn the basic rules about doing so?

Like I said, I'm starting to have no problems with the manufactures locking things down and once again requiring people to actually know what they doing before allowing them to flash the firmware on devices. If that make installing custom firmware difficult,so be it.

Comment

I'll check tomorrw. Thanks.
                What about this?
                Firmware disponible para recuperar el TV-Box T95 con el SoC Allwinner H616 que integra procesadores ARM Cortex-A53 y una GPU ARM Malí-G31 MP2. De este Smart Box hay versiones con 2/4GB de RAM DDR3 y 16/32/64 GB de memoria de almacenamiento eMMc que podemos ampliar gracias a el lector de tarjetas microSD que incluye este

What's your opinion? Thanks
                I was wrong that T95-H616 firmware is not compatible, I tried using that firmware, it installed no problem, but device won't boot, you get stuck on the T95 Boot splash screen.

Going to have to wait and see if Tanix release a better update.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

I was wrong that T95-H616 firmware is not compatible, I tried using that firmware, it installed no problem, but device won't boot, you get stuck on the T95 Boot splash screen.

Going to have to wait and see if Tanix release a better update.
                  Ooohhh, we have to wait...

Comment

Bqeel B1 max firmware and Primevideo and Netflix modded apps? The question is the compatibility...

Comment

Originally posted by mickyari View Post
                      Bqeel B1 max firmware and Primevideo and Netflix modded apps? The question is the compatibility...
                      You need Google "Certified" Devices if want Prime Video or Netflix to work properly, the cheapest is Chromecast then a little more money is Mi Box S; alternatives are FireTV or Roku devices, both those have licenses for both services.

For those apps and TX6s or clones of same device, then don't buy it!

Comment

Big problem TX6s (chime every 30 seconds) with the new update 4.9.170 of March 17, 2020 I searched 3 hours I can not find the config (audio notification) helped me please
                        ???????Gros problème TX6s (carillon a toute les 30 secondes) avec la nouvelle mise a jours 4.9.170 du 17 mars 2020 j'ai cherché 3 heures je ne trouve pas la config (audio notification)
                        Big problem TX6s (chime every 30 seconds) with the new update 4.9.170 of March 17, 2020 I searched 3 hours I can not find the config (audio notification) helped me please

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre Rousseau View Post
                          ???????Gros problème TX6s (carillon a toute les 30 secondes) avec la nouvelle mise a jours 4.9.170 du 17 mars 2020 j'ai cherché 3 heures je ne trouve pas la config (audio notification)
                          The firmware release notes advised doing a factory-reset to remove the chime.

Comment

Factory reset from settings menu? Only this? Is it a good firmware?

Comment

Factory reset from settings menu? Only this? Is it a good firmware?
                              Yes from the settings menu. It's an ok firmware.

Comment

OK I reset and reinstall everything, that's life with Tanix starts over and over again Thank you!
                                OK je Réinitialise et réinstalle tout, C'est la vie avec Tanix recommence encore et encore Merci!

Comment

Working...
                                X