Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi do you know if it is possible to use prime video in some WAY ON TX6S? if I understood well I read that B1 MAX support prime video....
    Maybe should be possible to use the same b1 max firmware on tx6s..

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Your comment is confusing, hard to understand your point of interest. Are you just saying how bad firmwares are? Or, Are you still having problems installing firmware, or connecting device to computer?

You know the Reset Button is hidden next to SDcard slot on side of device! (Reset button is not at rear of device, this will cause problems if you didn't know this). Best thing to do is dissemble TVbox and cut out the plastic fin that blocks the reset button so you can easily access the button when you put the case back together.

I always use Phoenix_USB_Tool on windows computer to Flash the different Allwinner Firmwares,
      1) load firmware in Tool
      2) click START
      3) hold Reset button down
      4) connect USB cable while you keep holding Reset down
      5) Windows system makes confirmation sound that device is connected when connected, but the Tool doesn't start Burning firmware immediately, it takes some time, maybe 1 minutes for Tool to start showing progress.
      6) plug and connect TVbox to TV and wait 5 minutes for new firmware to finish first-boot start-up processes.

This one worked for me! Using the Phoenix USB Pro v4.0.0 but without the disassembly part. Thanks dude!

Comment

It is possible without cable? With pendrive USB? I have not a cable.. Amazon prime works?

Comment

Originally posted by pierochr View Post
          It is possible without cable? With pendrive USB? I have not a cable.. Amazon prime works?
          USB Tool is for PC and is the best way if your new firmware is .IMG file or if you bricked your device; but if your new firmware update is only an OTA that is named blah.blah.blah.update.zip you must have a working device that is either running Android or at least can access Android Recovery to flash the UPDATE.ZIP

I have no idea if Amazon Prime works, look on androidpctv.com or YouTube for tutorials on how to make Amazon Prime work on devices that don't have licenses or DRM certificates.

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot. I will try to find a cable. B1 max firmware work properly on your tx6s?

Comment

... What do you mean... without the disassembly part.... I have to connect ac adapter during the flash?

Comment

... What do you mean... without the disassembly part.... I have to connect ac adapter during the flash?
                The reset button is hard to reach during flashing of firmware. So, some may have to disassemble the case just to get a good access to the reset button. In my case, I used only my phone's sim ejector tool.

Comment

I try several time but seems that not start or recognize the device... I hears sound when I connect USB but thats all...after 5 minute nothing..
                  Last edited by pierochr; 05-02-2020, 14:14.

Comment

Hard rest but Tom must be pressed during all firmware update?
                    5) Windows system makes confirmation sound that device <--- Once you hear that sound, then you can release the reset button.

Comment

Ok thanks, I will try later.
                      Thanks in the meantime

Comment

It appears I received the latest firmware version. When I checked via dynamic system update it says it's the latest too! TX6S-4G-20200415

My initial impression is performance has improved. Not by far but noticeably better from the original firmware.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I've try but nothing.... Maybe my cable is not good... I will buy another one... Are you using tx6s firmware or b1 max on your device?

Comment

My only problem with tx6s is that prime video freeze after 5 sec when I launch video... I've try many version but nothing...

Comment

I've try but nothing.... Maybe my cable is not good... I will buy another one... Are you using tx6s firmware or b1 max on your device?
                              It's the TX6S firmware that was provided to me by the seller. I'm using the 4gb / 64gb model.

Comment

Could you sent me the link in order to try your version? Mine ig 4g 32gb.... In the tanix website I fount zip Ota too but I think that the firmware is old...

Comment

Working...
                                X