Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pierochr View Post
    Hi, I have a problem with usb driver.
    The device that appears on Windows 7 has a yellow escalamative dot and says that the device cannot be started. How can I solve the problem?
    Have you tried different usb cables? You could have one with a bad or broken internal connection.

Comment

Today I order a new cable. I will try. Do you know of i can flash new firmware without cable? I try with Phoenix card starting from an img file but does not work... I want try to flash b1 max firmware into tx6s device because seems that on b1 max Amazon video function... They release a specific apk... Maybe function...

Comment

Tried that latest TX6s firmware release that was shared and it may be the best version released so far. The firmware is snappy and doesn't feel like it is running into a wall constantly like the previous versions. Take note it does run HOT, 75 to 85*C is its normal operating range now, even hit 90*C well using Kodi. So best to connect a USB-Fan to help keep it cool. Did a thermal throttle test and continued temps over 85*C will cause it throttle up-to 50% cut in power.

Still the firmware has the build.prop ERROR that says it OpenGL ES 2.0 and not 3.2. This will continue to be a problem for games or apps that check Props for OpenGL compatibility.

Comment

Also, for those that want a [Status_Bar + Quick Settings Window + Notifications] then you can use the app: Bottom Quick Settings -- you will need an Air-Mouse remote to swipe up to open the Quick Settings Window and Notifications. This app doesn't work on all TVbox's that have disabled the status_bar and notifications, but it did on this box. Cheers!

Info on the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tombayley.bottomquicksettings

Comment

With new cable I just flash bquel firmware but now is freeke on bquel logo screen on sturtup... Do you have aby suggestion?

Comment

After several attempts I managed to install the firmware of the b1max into the rx6s ... But Amazon video does not work the same ... Do you know if any firmware already has amazon video installed in the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                I already got mine

The new case design is nicer then I thought it was going to be.

But still the firmware has many flaws for the first release of Android 10.

Things to like about new box:
                1) Android Security Patch from December 5, 2019
                2) Has AndroidTV OS Google Play Store and not Mobile version of Play Store
                3) Kernel is a newer version 4.9.170
                4) Firmware in device dated 20191212, and based on AOSP Firmware for Android 10, release code QP1A.191105.004, release 11 for Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL release date 2019-11-05
                5) In brief temperature testing the device likes to stay in the 60-70 C degree range, still need to test that more, plastic case does get warm to the touch above CPU
                6) Boot Logo is TX6S graphic with the standard Android spinning balls Boot Animation
                7) Mali G31 GPU
                Problems:
                1) No Root Access, No Root Switch, info apps say there is root access, but Root binary is not properly implemented so root-access apps fail.
                2) No Status Bar / No Notifications
                3) No Navigation Bar
                4) Google Play Store and Play Services will not update on their own, had to manually force them to update with latest versions from Apkmirror.com
                5) WiFi 5 has very low speeds, 5GHz is showing a maximum signal strength of 65Mbps which equals about 25Mbps actual speed. (My ISP connection is 200 Mbps)
                6) LAN is only "Fast Ethernet" = 100 MB speed, no problems with signal over LAN, it worked normally
                7) Oranth/Tanix Software Engineer has made the mistake of naming the Allwinner device "Amlogic" with Amlogic code "p281" in build properties, this also has happened with the last TX6
                8) Another 64bit SoC running in 32bit mode
                9) CPU is clocked at a maximum 1.4 GHz, was hoping for a little higher to be honest
                10) Several GPU mistakes: Vulkan is not activated in ROM, OpenGL ES is mistakenly labeled "2.0" in build.prop; I believe/suspect the kernel has some other errors, as well, like Shader Cores are running at 1 not 2 and that the GPU is not running at its maximum frequency.

Haven't had time to do a lot of tests but here is 3DMark results:

3DMark Benchmarks:
                Sling Shot = 292
                Ice Storm Extreme = 3337
                Ice Storm Unlimited = 5031

These results do not even match the Mali G31 GPU for the Amlogic S905X2/S905X3 with the same GPU. The Ice Storm numbers are even weaker then the previous H6 chip model, but the Sling Shot number is an improvement.
                Holy shit thats horrible, box will not receive updates i guess, ship and forget device

Comment

Anyone have firmware for ninkbox n6 plus 20200307? I would like to try this firmware... Regards

Comment

Hi, great news, with firmware version TX6S-4G-20200415 provided by doornetboy user, amazon video work very well. If you will have new update by same vendor please share it... Which vendor/user provide to you this great firmware? Thanks a lot

Comment

In this forum I saw a link to fix internet speed error... But link does not work... Could you post again?

Comment

Could I ask you where I can find in setting the advanced network setting in order to change setting for tls/aka/peap? Seems disappears...

Comment

deleted by me
                          off topic
                          Last edited by freddy; 06-15-2020, 03:34.

Comment

??????I used this utility to disassemble and build the firmware.

imgRePacker_205.zip

About this.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	?????? (4).png
Views:	354
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	805150

Comment

Working...
                              X