Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runekyndal View Post
    not a big fan of the Android TV interface..

Are there any "normal" or "NON" ATV Roms for these H616 boxes ?

superceleron are you working on one ?
    I'm using your SCV rom on my H96 pro+ its been great.

Rune
    No sorry im not
    I have stop working on already made roms, now i only do it from source.

Comment

Hi, I need your help because when I connect my tanix tx6 with my Hotspot wifi I can't use the device. The device connected but no application works
      This happen only with Hotspot. Do you have any suggestion?

Comment

has anyone tried...
        FIRMWARE: Android 10 for Tanix TX6S with Allwinner H616 SoC (07-30-2020) [androidpctv.com]

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
          has anyone tried...
          FIRMWARE: Android 10 for Tanix TX6S with Allwinner H616 SoC (07-30-2020) [androidpctv.com]
          Installed it, haven't done any test yet. No issues installing it. Like that fact the firmware comes in both Zip and IMG formats straight from Tanix-box.com website.

Note, while installing 60 plus apps the case was noticeably hot, so I am thinking that they haven't fixed the Kernel issues with overheating, maybe if the Kernel has the option I will try running it the OnDemand CPU governor.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
            has anyone tried...
            Thanks for the firmware link.
            I'll try.
            1. I don't think it will solve the ALICE UX persistent issue and
            2. Do not allow widget installation of apps.
            Big hug.

Comment

Did some quick tests of new ROM, Geekbench4, 3Dmark, both benchmarks score exactly the same as the last ROM posted in this thread, so no improvement there. Still running at over 70*C with just one user app running foreground and one user app running in background. Also, 3 different Props still label the device as Amlogic p281, that is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                Did some quick tests of new ROM, Geekbench4, 3Dmark, both benchmarks score exactly the same as the last ROM posted in this thread, so no improvement there. Still running at over 70*C with just one user app running foreground and one user app running in background. Also, 3 different Props still label the device as Amlogic p281, that is ridiculous.
                RiCkLaR_atvX
                Grateful for the information!
                It is unfortunate!
                Great weekend.

Note: I have not yet "updated" my TX6s.

Comment

This firmware worked on my Tx6s , showed temperature drop 5c to 7c less, UI looks 720, no root.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...52c23e5f7LYiGO
                  Found on https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=996859&st=0

Also finally found out there is a 2nd button next to sdcard slot for direct PC flash.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z55...index=3&t=250s
                  Last edited by Johnoo; 08-28-2020, 09:55.

Comment

To add to my previous post, ....

while streaming Sky News Live on youtube 1080p,

Tanix Lastest showing 86-89c.
                    Transpeed 20200812 firmware 77-79c

Unpacked both firmwares, and using WinMerge to compare
                    Transpeed_20200812 has a different System Framework compared to Tx6s_20200730.

Maybe Allwinner have updated their systems, and hopefully we`ll see another update for Tx6s.

Last edited by Johnoo; 08-28-2020, 11:29.

Comment

Hi.

Next, I will share my experiences regarding TX6s, answering my own questions raised in this topic:
                      1. TX6s x A95x F3:
                        A95x F3
                      2. Alice UX vs. other launchers:
                        On the first attempt, I installed another launcher and uninstalled Alice UX. An error occurred and I had to update the firmware again with Phoenix Suite.
                        On the second attempt, I installed another launcher and, using the Disable Application 3.4.1 application (com.iamaner.oneclickfreeze) (Google Play Store), I frozen Alice UX. It worked, now the TX6s starts with the other launcher and remains on it.
                        Note 1: The limitations imposed by Android 10 on TX6s remain, therefore, additional features of the other launcher, such as: widgets, do not work.
                        Note 2: if you are going to change the initiator as mentioned above: do it at your own risk.
                      3. TWRP or equivalent, to perform backup and restore by restarting recovery:
                        I found no way to backup and restore.
                      4. Amazon Prime Video (app):
                        From Prime Video (mobile) Google Play: I can't change the audio.
                        From Aptoide TV (TV): it didn't work.
                      5. Remote Control with Voice:
                        To use it is necessary to remove and place the USB receiver every time you want to use voice. The other functions: the keys and the air of the mouse work normally.
                      6. Widgets:
                        I cannot place any widget. The following message appears: it was not possible to add / restore this widget.
                        I believe it is due to the implementation of Android 10.

Grateful for the previous attention.

Note: Sorry my English ... I did the best I could ... ;-)
                      Last edited by webipsum; 09-02-2020, 13:31.

Comment

Transpeed_20200812 ROM can run on my TX6S,
                        some problems?1?ATV Launcher Screen resolution on 1920*1080?but other App locked on 1280*720
                        2,remote key Vol+ Vol- not work
                        3,Bluetooth not work.

Comment

For those interested

$33.99 after coupon:4QYRPARO
                          [Germany Warehouse]
                          https://bit.ly/3gXwExU
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Been using the Transpeed_20200812 ROM for some weeks now and I'm quite pleased with it.

Just to get rid of the awful Alice UX launcher is a blessing!

The GUI is 720 but apps like Kodi 18.8 and Youtube are streaming in 1080p 60 Hz (the HDMI output optimal setting).
                            Running videos locally from MX Player in 1080p is not a problem either. The volume +/- buttons works fine with my G10 Airmouse.
                            Bluetooth works perfectly well with my AirPods. The CPU temperature is substantially lower compared with the Tanix_20200730 ROM
                            as reported earlier.

Only glitch is the front clock not showing correct time but that is of less importance for me.

Comment

Boxer e johnno

Have you tested the items below?:
                              1. Amazon Prime Video (app):
                                With the original TX6S firmware: Amazon Prime Video (mobile) Google Play: I can't change the audio.
                              2. Remote Control with Voice:
                                With the original TX6S firmware: To use it is necessary to remove and place the USB receiver every time you want to use voice. The other functions: the keys and the air of the mouse work normally.
                              3. Widgets:
                                With the original TX6S firmware: I cannot place any widget. The following message appears: it was not possible to add / restore this widget.
                              Which launcher comes in the firmware?
                              Is it possible to use another launcher?

Tks.

Comment

@wepipsum
                                1. I have no account at Amazon Prime but using other paid streaming apps without problems (needing non-rooted device)
                                2. Google Assistant is still not receiving your voice through the RC similar to the Tanix ROM
                                3. Got fed up playing around optimising different launchers so I haven't tested. But according to previous statement other launchers seems to work.
                                The included launcher looks like many others (except Alice UX). It has all the necessary icons in one screen which works very nice with the Airmouse.
                                The broom button lets you decide what apps to kill etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X