Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxer

My TX6S has 4G RAM and 32G Storage, so the firmware should be this: Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.
    Correct?
    Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
      Boxer
      My TX6S has 4G RAM and 32G Storage, so the firmware should be this: Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.
      Correct?
      Tks.
      Yes, it should work. But remember if you want to try that firmware it has NO root-access.

Comment

Note:
        I finally decided to open this TX6s Box and found the Heatsink thermal-pad not positioned correctly on the CPU, maybe losing 15-20% of CPU surface area not covered because the pad was installed crooked, but be careful if you yourself want to open this device because the top is really resistant to being removed. Has a hook-an-loop type plastic retainers, which I broke half of them trying to get the top off; maybe if I had started at front and back which has the least amount of clips(1 in front and 2 in back) then did the sides(3 clips per side) I may have had better luck.

Comment

Always Young RiCkLaR_atvX
          Please:
          1) What do I lose from features without ROOT?
          2) Is it not possible to apply ROOT, later?
          Thankful.

Comment

I`m now on T95 H616 firmware, which has a root switch in the settings / Device Prefs / About, there may a root setting on the Transpeed firmware.
            These firmwares look very similar, and so glad there is no Alice UX.

Heat sink setup ...

I`ll be selling mine, once the heatsink is fitted, and sticking to my fav box at the moment, X96 Air S905x3.

Why Tanix made a box with such a poor heatsink is beyond me.
            Mine goes to 98C while streaming, and sound starts to stutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
              I`m now on T95 H616 firmware, which has a root switch in the settings / Device Prefs / About, there may a root setting on the Transpeed firmware.
              These firmwares look very similar, and so glad there is no Alice UX. ...
              Johnoo

I am using the original TX6S firmware without Alice UX. I froze and the Alice UX is no longer interfering with the launcher in use.
              • Please, which T95 H616 firmware link are you using?
              • Are you using the launcher that comes with the T95 H616 firmware or another?
              • Do you use Amazon Prime Video video streaming app?
              Thankful.

Comment

I asked this question in the thread on the A95X F3:

In November, the Disney video stream (Disney +) will be launched in Brazil.
                Is anyone successfully using Disney + on the A95X F3?
                Hugs.
                I would like to extend this question to friends who own the TX6S:

Is anyone successfully using Disney+ on the Tanix TX6S?

Tks.

Comment

I asked this question in the thread on the A95X F3:
                  I would like to extend this question to friends who own the TX6S:
                  Is anyone successfully using Disney+ on the Tanix TX6S?
                  Tks.
                  I don't use Disney+ but I also don't think Disney+ will work with the Tanix TX6S box, no hardware decoder for Dolby Digital codec.

Device needs a DOLBY DIGITAL licensed hardware for Disney+ to work correctly, example all the official certified Google AndroidTV devices like the Xiaomi MiBox S, Nvidia ShieldTV, etc.

Amlogic has DD codec installed in most firmwares, so maybe the A95X_F3 will work, but watch this YouTube tutorial video (click link below) says when using Disney+ you can not just click a link to watch video, you must download it from the app to watch it, this will be a hassle if you have kids or grandkids that want to watch Disney+ all the time because it will fill up your device storage and will constantly have to delete your downloads to watch more stuff. So in my opinion you would have an easier time if you just get an official licensed device. Mecool KM1 and Mecool KM3 are Google Certified and have the most Ram and Storage available for any of the Certified Google devices in the world, so you should ask if Disney+ downloads from Play Store works on those forum threads without any sideloading or tricks.

See this video:

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX

Very grateful for the information.
                    I installed the Disney+ app of the Aptoide TV, in the A95X F3, and I will wait ...
                    This does not justify VPN, etc., test now.
                    November is already coming.
                    As I also have an A95X F3, I put the question on the A95X F3 thread.

Comment

I... my fav box at the moment, X96 Air S905x3. ...
                      Johnoo

You mentioned your favorite box (X96 Air S905x3).
                      I compared the specifications with my favorite box at the moment (A95X F3) and found the two to be very similar.
                      I would like to ask you:
                      • On your X96 Air S905x3, do you have access to the notification bar?
                      • Can you use widgets on the X96 Air S905x3?

Comment

• On your X96 Air S905x3, do you have access to the notification bar?
                        • Can you use widgets on the X96 Air S905x3?
                        If I remember correctly stock rom does not have notification bar.
                        However, since I got it, been running SlimBox Rom, with notification bar and widgets.
                        I see now SlimBox moved from 4pda to
                        A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

Also some info here
                        Just looking to see why the SLIMBOX ROM was deleted from this section? Seems to be a very promising ROM and have been using it for the last few days. Is there any particular reason?

Comment

If I remember correctly stock rom does not have notification bar.
                          However, since I got it, been running SlimBox Rom, with notification bar and widgets.
                          1. Which are you using? ATV or AOSP?
                          2. If I want to return the original A95X F3 firmware, it's possible, right?

Comment

1. Which are you using? ATV or AOSP?
                            2. If I want to return the original A95X F3 firmware, it's possible, right?
                            Not a fan of ATV, so always use AOSP.
                            I returned to original on mine, and back to SlimBox, but as you know flashing roms has its risks.

Comment

Hi.
                              My Tanix TX6S: 95ยบ
                              What solution are you using to lower the temperature?
                              Tks.

Last edited by webipsum; 09-14-2020, 01:52.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX LaR_atvX;n813474]Note:
                                I finally decided to open this TX6s Box and found the Heatsink thermal-pad not positioned correctly on the CPU, maybe losing 15-20% of CPU surface area not covered because the pad was installed crooked, but be careful if you yourself want to open this device because the top is really resistant to being removed. Has a hook-an-loop type plastic retainers, which I broke half of them trying to get the top off; maybe if I had started at front and back which has the least amount of clips(1 in front and 2 in back) then did the sides(3 clips per side) I may have had better luck. [/QUOTE]

Always Young RiCkLaR_atvX
                                Hi. Please:
                                Did you photograph your step-by-step?
                                ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X