Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.
    Has anyone managed to route the Tanix TX6S with the alternative firmware (Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.img)?
    Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer View Post

I agree the firmware is not very pleasant. Out of curiosity, what customisation did you do?
      I've managed to install as default this Google TV launcher, which they recently introduced with the launch of the new Chomecast 4K.
      The first attempt did not work, It could not charge and I had to reset the device. After the reset, I tried again without any active Google account, and this time it worked, as soon as it loaded, it asked me for the Google account data and it connected without problems.

https://www.howtogeek.com/693761/how...ces-right-now/

https://apkcombo.com/en-us/android-t...id.tvlauncher/
      Last edited by Funkoyote; 11-15-2020, 12:58.

Comment

Young RiCkLaR_atvX

What is your the current status regarding Tanix TX6S firmware testing?

I opened the TX6S box and replace the heatsink and performed some TESTS:

With stock firmware (20200730):
        Before: 95ºC
        After heatsink replacement: 85ºC/90ºC

With Transpeed H616 firmware (Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812):
        Before: 85ºC/90ºC
        After: 75ºC / 80ºC

I haven't tested the T95 H616 and Bqeel B1 Max firmwares (I couldn't get the firmware).

Tks.

EDITED:
        Another question: with Transpeed H616 firmware (Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812):
        Is it possible make root?
        Last edited by webipsum; 11-15-2020, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post

I haven't tested the T95 H616 and Bqeel B1 Max firmwares (I couldn't get the firmware).
          T95 H616:

Bqeel B1 Max:

Comment

T95 H616:

I am downloading. Did you test it?

Bqeel B1 Max:

The link leads to a sharing request on Google Drive.
            I did it a few days ago, 2 times, but sharing doesn't happen.
            Did you test it?
            Boxer

Which firmware do you currently use on your TX6S?
            If it is the Transpeed H616, did you manage to root it?

Grateful for the answer.

Comment

Boxer

Which firmware do you currently use on your TX6S?
              If it is the Transpeed H616, did you manage to root it?

Grateful for the answer.
              No I haven't considered rooting the Transpeed firmware.
              ??????

Comment

No I haven't considered rooting the Transpeed firmware.
                Boxer
                I understand.
                Are you using this version?:
                Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812
                Thankful.

Comment

Boxer
                  I understand.
                  Are you using this version?:
                  Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812
                  Thankful.
                  Yes, this is the version I have been using for some time now.

Comment

Hi.

I installed the firmware T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img. It worked correctly.
                    Regarding root, the behavior is the same as for Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.img.
                    Applications that check for root say yes, but it is not possible to assign the permissions that some applications request.
                    Once the firmware (T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img) is applied, it is possible to see that it has an update (OTA).
                    I can download but despite the update app going ahead, restarting the box and etc., the update is not applied.
                    I found the newest firmware (T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X19.img), but when I apply in the TX6S, it freezes at startup.

I returned the firmware: T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img

My tests in the TX6S:

1) Stock firmware: TX6s_android10_20200730 OK!
                    Note 1: Temperatura 90ºC/95°C.

2) Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.img OK!
                    Note 1: Stock firmware root is more complete.
                    Note 2: Temperature 70ºC / 75ºC.

3) T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img OK!

4) T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X19.img Not work!
                    Note 1: TX6S freezes at startup. Freeze in the T95 screen.

5) YDS-VONTAR-X1-10.1.A19.img Not work!

6) T95-H616-AW859A-10.1.A19.img Not work!

I will try to install Magisk.
                    But information and tools like TWRP, Magisk and root are few for boxes with Allwinner H616. Unlike Amlogic.

Best regard.

Comment

[QUOTE=webipsum;n816681]Hi.

I installed the firmware T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img. It worked correctly.
                      Regarding root, the behavior is the same as for Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.img.
                      Applications that check for root say yes, but it is not possible to assign the permissions that some applications request.
                      Once the firmware (T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img) is applied, it is possible to see that it has an update (OTA).
                      I can download but despite the update app going ahead, restarting the box and etc., the update is not applied.
                      I found the newest firmware (T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X19.img), but when I apply in the TX6S, it freezes at startup.

I returned the firmware: T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img

My tests in the TX6S:

Note 1: Temperatura 90ºC/95°C.

4) T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X19.img Not work!

5) YDS-VONTAR-X1-10.1.A19.img Not work!

6) T95-H616-AW859A-10.1.A19.img Not work!

I will try to install Magisk.
                      But information and tools like TWRP, Magisk and root are few for boxes with Allwinner H616. Unlike Amlogic.

Best regard.[/QUOTE

Hi
                      An obs
                      Only the native De tanix that works with the perfect watch on the display
                      With the others it is inverted or goes out and the display does not work An obs

Comment

Originally posted by bruski View Post
                        Hi
                        An obs
                        Only the native De tanix that works with the perfect watch on the display
                        With the others it is inverted or goes out and the display does not work An obs
                        Always Young bruski
                        You're absolutely right!

My tests in the TX6S:

Clock OK 100%

Crazy Clock !: Display numbers are flipped vertically and some flipped horizontally!

Invisible Clock (lol): The display does not work. Display OFF.
                        Hugs.

Comment

bruski
                          Is there a temporary TWRP to backup / restore the TX6S?
                          Or another way to backup / restore the TX6S?
                          Tks.

Comment

bruski
                            I installed Magisk as per your tutorial.
                            SuperUser working OK.
                            Does MagiskHide, which hides the root for selected apps, work for you? Does not work here.
                            Grateful for the attention.

Note: Firmware Tanix-Box_com-TX6s_android10_20200730.img
                            Last edited by webipsum; 11-20-2020, 13:02.

Comment

My experience with the Tanix TX6S box with the firmwares:

TX6S with STOCK FIRMWARE:
                              1. Tanix-Box_com-TX6s_android10_20200730.img
                              2. Temperature (board inside the case): 90 ° C / 100 ° C
                              3. Temperature (board removed from the case and heatsinks placed on the CPU and RAM (both sides of the plate)): 75 ° C / 85 ° C
                              4. Clock: OK!
                              5. widget: DOES NOT work. When configuring - without success - a widget, the message (tosted) returns: “Please turn off the" Don't keep activities "option in developer options.” I checked that in the developer options this option is OFF by default.
                              6. Magisk: Installation success. SuperUser working OK!
                              7. MagiskHide does not work. HBO GO identifies root. HBO GO does NOT work.
                              8. Accessibility permission: Accessibility permissions granted to apps are maintained, even when the box is reset.

TX6S with TRANSPEED ALTERNATIVE FIRMWARE:
                              1. Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.img
                              2. Temperature (board inside the case): not tested.
                              3. Temperature (board removed from the case and heatsinks placed on the CPU and RAM (both sides of the plate)): 75 ° C / 85 ° C
                              4. Clock: CRAZY! Display of numbers inverted vertically and some numbers, also inverted horizontally.
                              5. widget: DOES NOT work. When configuring - without success - a widget, the message (tosted) returns: “Please turn off the" Don't keep activities "option in developer options.” I checked that in the developer options this option is OFF by default.
                              6. Magisk: I was unable to install..
                              7. MagiskHide: I was unable to install.
                              8. Accessibility permission: Accessibility permissions granted to apps are NOT maintained when the box is reset. It is necessary to grant permissions every time the box is reset.

TX6S with T95 ALTERNATIVE FIRMWARE:
                              1. T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img
                              4. Magisk: Installation success. SuperUser working OK!
                              5. MagiskHide WORKS. HBO GO does NOT identify root. HBO GO works.
                              6. Clock: OFF. Does not work!
                              7. widget: DOES NOT work. When configuring - without success - a widget, the message (tosted) returns: “Please turn off the" Don't keep activities "option in developer options.” I checked that in the developer options this option is OFF by default.
                              8. Accessibility permission: Accessibility permissions granted to apps are NOT maintained when the box is reset. It is necessary to grant permissions every time the box is reset.

CONCLUSION:
                              I am using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
                              REASON: The correct functioning of the accessibility permission is more important to me, at the moment, than HBO GO.

NOTA: Remote control with voice: the voice (CR) does not work in all 3 cases. To use voice (CR) it is necessary to remove the CR dongle from the USB and put again (with the box power on).
                              Last edited by webipsum; 11-20-2020, 13:56.

Comment

My experience with the Tanix TX6S box with the firmwares:

TX6S with STOCK FIRMWARE:
                                1. Tanix-Box_com-TX6s_android10_20200730.img
                                2. Temperature (board inside the case): 90 ° C / 100 ° C
                                4. Clock: OK!
                                6. Magisk: Installation success. SuperUser working OK!
                                7. MagiskHide does not work. HBO GO identifies root. HBO GO does NOT work.
                                8. Accessibility permission: Accessibility permissions granted to apps are maintained, even when the box is reset.

TX6S with TRANSPEED ALTERNATIVE FIRMWARE:
                                1. Transpeed-H616_4-32_20200812.img
                                4. Clock: CRAZY! Display of numbers inverted vertically and some numbers, also inverted horizontally.
                                6. Magisk: I was unable to install..
                                7. MagiskHide: I was unable to install.

TX6S with T95 ALTERNATIVE FIRMWARE:
                                1. T95-H616-XR819-10.1.X18.img
                                4. Magisk: Installation success. SuperUser working OK!
                                5. MagiskHide WORKS. HBO GO does NOT identify root. HBO GO works.
                                6. Clock: OFF. Does not work!
                                7. widget: DOES NOT work. When configuring - without success - a widget, the message (tosted) returns: “Please turn off the" Don't keep activities "option in developer options.” I checked that in the developer options this option is OFF by default.

CONCLUSION:
                                I am using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
                                REASON: The correct functioning of the accessibility permission is more important to me, at the moment, than HBO GO.
                                For me the most important thing is to maintain a stable resolution at 4k. The stock Tanix firmware don't allow it to me, but the Transpeed firmware bring me stable 4K resolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X