Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxer

So far I haven't noticed any difference (except temperature) between the 20200730 and 20201022 firmwares.
    This weekend, I'm going to do some more tests.
    Besides the problem with the temperature of the TX6S with stock firmware, what are the other reasons that motivated you to change the firmware of your TX6S to the alternative firmware Transpeed?
    Good weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
      Boxer

So far I haven't noticed any difference (except temperature) between the 20200730 and 20201022 firmwares.
      This weekend, I'm going to do some more tests.
      Besides the problem with the temperature of the TX6S with stock firmware, what are the other reasons that motivated you to change the firmware of your TX6S to the alternative firmware Transpeed?
      Good weekend.
      Well, accept the horrible Alice Ux launcher the never ending notifications (Play protect?) coming from the left side of the screen, the stuttery video performance in general, the sluggish performance in Kodi, disconnecting of Bluetooth devices, the squeaky sound when moving the cursor etc....It simply got too annoying!

Comment

... topic started here:...
        Originally posted by Boxer View Post
        Well, accept the horrible Alice Ux launcher the never ending notifications (Play protect?) coming from the left side of the screen, the stuttery video performance in general, the sluggish performance in Kodi, disconnecting of Bluetooth devices, the squeaky sound when moving the cursor etc....It simply got too annoying!
        Boxer

I also don't like Alice UX.
        So, I install a launcher of my choice, in this case, Square Home Launcher and disable (freeze) Alice UX with the application: Disable Application [Root].
        With the chosen launcher, I am free of the Alice UX interface, annoying notifications and squeaky sounds.
        As for Kodi's performance, stuttery video and disconnecting bluetooth, I can't tell you. I'll see if I can simulate it here.
        Greetings.
        Last edited by webipsum; 12-04-2020, 13:06.

Comment

... topic started here:...
          Friends.

CHANGE LOG:
          I asked the person who sharing TX6S firmwares, about the change log and got the following answer:
          "... Unfortunately, I don't have any firmware changes log. I just keep them Latest firmware 20201022 - received from the seller.
          According to the reviews of those who installed it, the HDMI-CEC does not work
          I have no other data. Sorry.."

HDMI output mode:
          I am testing the TX6S on a 4K TV. I noticed the following bug:
          When I set the HDMI output mode to 4K 60Hz (3840x2160) and select an app icon on the Home Square Launcher to configure or move the screen blinks (noise type) and when I set the setting to 4K 50Hz (3840x2160) it does not happen. I realized, so far, that this only occurs in the situation mentioned. In other situations 4K 60Hz (3840x2160) works normally. It only occurs in the firmware: TX6s_android10_Oranth_H616_20201022.img.

It is important to note that:
          1. As with most low-cost boxes, firmwares are "no man's land". This my box, before the Transpeed H616 firmware, TX6s_android10_Oranth_H616_20201022.img, box open and heatsink, worked in the range of 82°C/100°C. OMG!
            NOW it is working in the range of 77°C/84°C.
          2. The box is open and I put heatsink on everything that heats up (Tks RiCkLaR_atvX). I know that all this work, perhaps, is not worth it in the box in question, but I consider my learning experience. I have two other boxes working wonderfully: A95X F3 (stock firmware) (Tks Guest and Guest) and HK1 BOX (with ath156 custom firmware) (Tks ath156)!
          Always intention to collaborate ...

Comment

Friends.

CHANGE LOG:
            I asked the person who sharing TX6S firmwares, about the change log and got the following answer:
            "... Unfortunately, I don't have any firmware changes log. I just keep them Latest firmware 20201022 - received from the seller.
            According to the reviews of those who installed it, the HDMI-CEC does not work
            I have no other data. Sorry.."

HDMI output mode:
            I am testing the TX6S on a 4K TV. I noticed the following bug:
            When I set the HDMI output mode to 4K 60Hz (3840x2160) and select an app icon on the Home Square Launcher to configure or move the screen blinks (noise type) and when I set the setting to 4K 50Hz (3840x2160) it does not happen. I realized, so far, that this only occurs in the situation mentioned. In other situations 4K 60Hz (3840x2160) works normally. It only occurs in the firmware: TX6s_android10_Oranth_H616_20201022.img.

It is important to note that:
            1. As with most low-cost boxes, firmwares are "no man's land". This my box, before the Transpeed H616 firmware, TX6s_android10_Oranth_H616_20201022.img, box open and heatsink, worked in the range of 82°C/100°C. OMG!
              NOW it is working in the range of 77°C/84°C.
            2. The box is open and I put heatsink on everything that heats up (Tks RiCkLaR_atvX). I know that all this work, perhaps, is not worth it in the box in question, but I consider my learning experience. I have two other boxes working wonderfully: A95X F3 (stock firmware) (Tks Guest and Guest) and HK1 BOX (with ath156 custom firmware) (Tks ath156)!
            Always intention to collaborate ...
            The HDMI-CEC is only to have the ability to use the same remote control for the box as for the TV I imagine.

Comment

Boxer

I also don't like Alice UX.
              So, I install a launcher of my choice, in this case, Square Home Launcher and disable (freeze) Alice UX with the application: Disable Application [Root].
              With the chosen launcher, I am free of the Alice UX interface, annoying notifications and squeaky sounds.
              As for Kodi's performance, stuttery video and disconnecting bluetooth, I can't tell you. I'll see if I can simulate it here.
              Greetings.
              Thanks webipsum for keeping up the good spirit!
              I thought the development was more or less dead with this box...

Comment

Hi people, this is my first post here. I have at this moment a Tanix TX6 and i'm very pleased with it (works already two years perfect). Now i want to buy a second box for the bedroom and i'm doubting which type to buy. Should i go for the more recent Tanix TX9 or the Tanix TX6s (the follow up of the TX6 ???)

I mainly gonna use it for IPTV and kodi (and the connection goes through ethernet cable).

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiDog View Post
                  Hi people, this is my first post here. I have at this moment a Tanix TX6 and i'm very pleased with it (works already two years perfect). Now i want to buy a second box for the bedroom and i'm doubting which type to buy. Should i go for the more recent Tanix TX9 or the Tanix TX6s (the follow up of the TX6 ???)

I mainly gonna use it for IPTV and kodi (and the connection goes through ethernet cable).
                  I would stay away from Tx6s and the Allwinner H616 and the Rockchip RK3318 processor due to the old 28 nm technology and over heating issues. My pick is the Armlogic S905X3 processor of your own choice of brand.

Comment

I'm not having time to test new FW from tanix oranth but problems reported by you are easy to solve 1 - notifications on the left side of the screen in the Alice UX launcher just disable playstore notifications 2 - kodi stuttering just update kodi to 18.8 or 18.9 and reset the box and reconfigure works like charm currently use FW ultima TX6 with dual launcher to esv harvest through apk HOME LANCHER SCREEM use launcher ATV 9 and Google TV what gives me a sound and image UP and compatibilities

Comment

Originally posted by bruski View Post
                      I'm not having time to test new FW from tanix oranth but problems reported by you are easy to solve 1 - notifications on the left side of the screen in the Alice UX launcher just disable playstore notifications 2 - kodi stuttering just update kodi to 18.8 or 18.9 and reset the box and reconfigure works like charm currently use FW ultima TX6 with dual launcher to esv harvest through apk HOME LANCHER SCREEM use launcher ATV 9 and Google TV what gives me a sound and image UP and compatibilities
                      Perfect Young bruski

Your tips are great!
                      I will start looking at the ATV with new eyes, as I have always ignored it in favor of AOSP.
                      As we say positively, around here: you are the dude!
                      Thanks.

Comment

I'm testing the new firmware H6-eng.20201030 and it seems to work very nicely with the Tx6s.

Comment

I'm testing the new firmware H6-eng.20201030 and it seems to work very nicely with the Tx6s.
                          @Boxer
                          Please, what is the download link?
                          Does this H6 have the same hardware as the TX6S?
                          Last edited by webipsum; 12-10-2020, 18:09.

Comment

@Boxer
                            Please, what is the download link?
                            Does this H6 have the same hardware as the TX6S?
                            It's a firmware for the new H6 with H616 and similar configuration as Tx6s with working BlueTooth & WiFi 2.4/5 GHz. It is very similar to firmware Transpeed_200812 but with some bug corrections.

Comment

Thank you very much Boxer
                              Just curiosity:
                              Clock (Display)? (It works?)
                              Root? (Is it rooted?)
                              Hug.
                              Last edited by webipsum; 12-11-2020, 10:48.

Comment

Thank you very much Boxer
                                Just curiosity:
                                Clock (Display)? (It works?)
                                Root? (Is it rooted?)
                                Hug.
                                The H6 has no front display so the clock is showing random numbers and it's not rooted.

Comment

Working...
                                X