Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tombraga
    replied
    Thanks RiCkLaR_atvX
    Last edited by tombraga; 01-28-2020, 09:50.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by tombraga View Post

Did you get the Firmware? I also need it, bricked mine...
    Best thing to do is probably message Tanix on Facebook to try and get a firmware sent to you, but don't use the official website because it is horrible for contacting them through email.

If you ordered your device through Geekbuying, normally they are very good at customer support, so they might be able to contact Tanix directly then email you the TX6S ROM.

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied
    Having finally getting comfortable with the TX6 , I jumped and bought several of the TX6s boxes. It tested pretty good, ok anyway at 53k on antutu. I'm still new with these new boxes and just noticed that my 5G network is not showing. Wonder what gives here ?

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    Originally posted by dartyard View Post
    Can someone share firmqarw thia box? TX6s
    alrdy delete su file forget to backup.
    Did you get the Firmware? I also need it, bricked mine...

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    superceleron will you make a rom for this Tanix TX6S?
    Would be great.
    Last edited by tombraga; 01-28-2020, 01:55.

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    I tried to activate the navigation bar in build.prop,but I bricked the box. Now i got a bootloop, not enter to system any more.

Is there a chance to install original Firmware with us burning tool and where I get the Firmware? On beelink site there I find nothing.

I tried already factory reset in stock recovery - but did not help.

trebor - do you arrange this firmware perhaps?
    Last edited by tombraga; 01-28-2020, 01:55.

Leave a comment:

• c,lei
    replied
    Originally posted by bandario View Post

You are just starting an argument for the sake of an argument. The included firmware on the TX6s is beyond terrible by any metric you could throw at it regardless of what you've used prior. It is clunky, lags hard, has a diminutive android-tv based OS and play store on it and has got the shoddy stock launcher locked to launch at boot.

Getting this information out there may save someone a lot of disappointment if they were replacing a broken box and expecting this to be an out of the box solution for their media centre. It isn't.

As I said, hardware seems good. I look forward to what will be possible in the future with this device but out of the box it is close to unuseable and needs a complete ground-up firmware solution built by someone who knows their arse from their elbow. Tanix should be embarrassed.
    And you're someone who are most likely running around telling people they need to install 64bit Linux Distros on 32 bit Win 7 machines- which of course they won't run on all the while advocating that Linux Distros need to stop supporting the 32 bit processor machines.

And of course you didn't mention that that custom firmware you're currently running was just as buggy in it's own way when it was first released.

Leave a comment:

• bandario
    replied
    Originally posted by c,lei View Post

And that's the problem isn't it? You're not even running the stock firmware on the box you're comparing it too.

So in a lot of ways you're comparison is flawed or invailid.

For instance if someone went out and bought the mecool K3 Pro you mentioned it's most likely not going to have the customized firmware you're running installed on it, so you're not actually comparing the firmware that's on on either the TX6s or the mecool K3 Pro.
    You are just starting an argument for the sake of an argument. The included firmware on the TX6s is beyond terrible by any metric you could throw at it regardless of what you've used prior. It is clunky, lags hard, has a diminutive android-tv based OS and play store on it and has got the shoddy stock launcher locked to launch at boot.

Getting this information out there may save someone a lot of disappointment if they were replacing a broken box and expecting this to be an out of the box solution for their media centre. It isn't.

As I said, hardware seems good. I look forward to what will be possible in the future with this device but out of the box it is close to unuseable and needs a complete ground-up firmware solution built by someone who knows their arse from their elbow. Tanix should be embarrassed.

Leave a comment:

• c,lei
    replied
    Originally posted by bandario View Post
    Received mine a few days ago. Hardware seems good as judged by capability of playing back hi-def content via VLC over ethernet with nice quality, no stuttering and responsive controls.

The firmware on this device is hot garbage; I don't even know where to begin, there are so many problems.

I am coming from a mecool K3 Pro with custom firmware and I just cannot get on with the ROM on the Tx6s at all; so much so that it will not be reconnected until there is a better solution out there.

In addition to the problems mentioned by other users above, the device has shipped with an extremely limited version of the play store which seems to only allow certain versions of a given app with many not being available at all. In many cases, this leads to completely non-functional implementations of many common streaming platforms such as Stan. Installing APKs from external sources works fine so there is no hardware limitation here; it's just extremely frustrating.

Even their attempt at a customised Kodi installation has failed miserably, leaving you with a broken copy of the stock version that just lags to death. Search menus default to voice search but the link to wireless remote microphone is not built, leaving you sitting there hearing the recording beep and having to wait to make any input.

There is no software control over shutdown or reboot, and the device defaults to switching itself into hibernate when the TV is turned off leaving you with the option to either use the poxy included remote or pull the power plug and wait out a lengthy reboot; absolutely ridiculous way to handle this and not enough control over power management options.

I suspect that eventually someone with the skills will sort out this mess and we will end up with a very cheap and capable box, but as of right now it is next to useless unless all you want to do is watch netflix. I don't think they could have done a worse job on firmware implementation if they tried.
    And that's the problem isn't it? You're not even running the stock firmware on the box you're comparing it too.

So in a lot of ways you're comparison is flawed or invailid.

For instance if someone went out and bought the mecool K3 Pro you mentioned it's most likely not going to have the customized firmware you're running installed on it, so you're not actually comparing the firmware that's on on either the TX6s or the mecool K3 Pro.
    Last edited by c,lei; 01-26-2020, 04:41.

Leave a comment:

• bandario
    replied
    Received mine a few days ago. Hardware seems good as judged by capability of playing back hi-def content via VLC over ethernet with nice quality, no stuttering and responsive controls.

The firmware on this device is hot garbage; I don't even know where to begin, there are so many problems.

I am coming from a mecool K3 Pro with custom firmware and I just cannot get on with the ROM on the Tx6s at all; so much so that it will not be reconnected until there is a better solution out there.

In addition to the problems mentioned by other users above, the device has shipped with an extremely limited version of the play store which seems to only allow certain versions of a given app with many not being available at all. In many cases, this leads to completely non-functional implementations of many common streaming platforms such as Stan. Installing APKs from external sources works fine so there is no hardware limitation here; it's just extremely frustrating.

Even their attempt at a customised Kodi installation has failed miserably, leaving you with a broken copy of the stock version that just lags to death. Search menus default to voice search but the link to wireless remote microphone is not built, leaving you sitting there hearing the recording beep and having to wait to make any input.

There is no software control over shutdown or reboot, and the device defaults to switching itself into hibernate when the TV is turned off leaving you with the option to either use the poxy included remote or pull the power plug and wait out a lengthy reboot; absolutely ridiculous way to handle this and not enough control over power management options.

I suspect that eventually someone with the skills will sort out this mess and we will end up with a very cheap and capable box, but as of right now it is next to useless unless all you want to do is watch netflix. I don't think they could have done a worse job on firmware implementation if they tried.

Leave a comment:

• jopras
    replied
    I have already for 3 days.it seen like semi root.to freeze app via Link2SD you can.but titanium backup error'.

Leave a comment:

• dartyard
    replied
    Can someone share firmqarw thia box? TX6s
    alrdy delete su file forget to backup.

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    I already got mine
    Problems:
    1) No Root Access, No Root Switch, info apps say there is root access, but Root binary is not properly implemented so root-access apps fail.
    Mine is on the way. Very strange.

So es file explorer pro root and Titanium Backup Pro don't work? Could you test it please?

Leave a comment:

• hapelaptop
    replied
    RiCkLaR_atvX thank you so much for reply! i expected a lot from H616 (which is supposed to be better than H6) and G31 GPU and thats why I cancelled order.
    At the moment i have Mecool M8S pro w which will end up at friends place, so everything is faster than that box for sure! D when i get refund ill check for prices and probably get some with S905x3 . Thank you once again!

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    hapelaptop got the box through Aliexpress.com , direct form China warehouse, the TX6S with 4 GB Ram / 32 GB ROM device model.

If the device will be your main media STB, I would suggest spending more for a device with a more polished firmware like a Beelink GT1mini(2) or Ugoos X3-Pro. The Tanix TX6S can probably be good after it gets a couple firmware updates, maybe in 3 months time.

The Eachlink device may work with SuperCeleron's new ROM, it has LPDDR4; I have the new Tanix TX5_Plus with Amlogic S905x3 with DDR3 and it has a more polished firmware compared to the new Vontar_X3 and X96_Air, which both have the same Amlogic CPU and DDR3 ram.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X