Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tanix tx6 2gb/16gb dts and ac3 sound issue

Hello everyone,
    this is my first post. my tanix tx6 is having issues with 5.1 surround sound. Im using hdmi for audio and video, whenever i use the box to play sound, if the file has ac3 or dts, the sound is always messed up. it keeps on crackling and the audio is all messed up. if i play aac stero, it plays fine. I know it's an issue with the box, because when i used my laptop to play the file through the same equipment, same tv, same soundbar, same hdmi cable, dts and ac3 worked. is there anything i can do to solve this problem or should i just get a new box? thank you!

Use MX player or VLC player and activate setting in the player settings for : Audio Passthrough

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Use MX player or VLC player and activate setting in the player settings for : Audio Passthrough
      thank you so much for your response ! so heres the thing, I am using yamaha 207 soundbar and it's supposed to detect dts and ac3. ive used both mx player and vlc with passthrough. with vlc, it's playing the files in stereo i think, because the soundbar is not detecting dts or ac3 (the lights on the soundbar are not lighting up colors). when i use mx player, the soundbar is detecting dts/ac3 but the sound is horrible, it crackles, noisy and unbearable, so i have to switch to hw+ decoder which is playing the files in stereo bcoz once i put hw+, there is no detection of dts/ac3 on the soundbar.
      now i know it's an issue with the box because when i plugged in my laptop. and used vlc player with passthrough, no problem with the sound, soundbar is detecting surround sound and it sounds perfect. i hope someone can help.

Comment

ive connected my other box, tanix tx3 mini, it's playing dts and dolby beautifully. theres something wrong with the tanix tx6 or with the android 9 system.

Comment

Originally posted by chidd87 View Post
          Hello everyone,
          this is my first post. my tanix tx6 is having issues with 5.1 surround sound. Im using hdmi for audio and video, whenever i use the box to play sound, if the file has ac3 or dts, the sound is always messed up. it keeps on crackling and the audio is all messed up. if i play aac stero, it plays fine. I know it's an issue with the box, because when i used my laptop to play the file through the same equipment, same tv, same soundbar, same hdmi cable, dts and ac3 worked. is there anything i can do to solve this problem or should i just get a new box? thank you!
          Same problem here. My 5.1 device is LG home theatre. With my previous TX3 was all correct. TX6 has lot of errors

Comment

Originally posted by Stefanmic74 View Post

Same problem here. My 5.1 device is LG home theatre. With my previous TX3 was all correct. TX6 has lot of errors

thank you for replying. I think I might have a fake. where did you buy your tx6 from? I think mine is fake because there is no blue dot when the device is on, all the ports are upside down and when you go to surround sound, it's empty when i click on manual. is yours the same?

Comment

chidd87
              I forgot to mention I use the modified MX Player PRO that has AC3, DTS, NEON codecs added in, my old Sony surround sound system always would light the DTS or DD icon when using the TX6 with MX_Player_PRO.

Some settings to note for MX is to turn off the setting that triggers HW decoding if HW+ decoding fails. Always use HW+ or SW, not HW. In the Decoder/Codecs settings for HW+ you also have to trigger on the various Audio codecs, because by default none of the Codecs are check marked.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                chidd87
                I forgot to mention I use the modified MX Player PRO that has AC3, DTS, NEON codecs added in, my old Sony surround sound system always would light the DTS or DD icon when using the TX6 with MX_Player_PRO.

Some settings to note for MX is to turn off the setting that triggers HW decoding if HW+ decoding fails. Always use HW+ or SW, not HW. In the Decoder/Codecs settings for HW+ you also have to trigger on the various Audio codecs, because by default none of the Codecs are check marked.

Hope that helps.
                thanls for that. when i use Hw+ decoder, it only plays with stereo, my soundbar is not detecting dts/DD audio. when i plugged in my old tx3 mini, everything works perfectly, that's how i know my tanix tx6 is defected. damn you aliexpress !

Comment

Working...
                X