LibreELEC and Armbian for Allwinner TV box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreELEC and Armbian for Allwinner TV box

Official versions of LibreELEC can be found in this thread on the official LE forum .
    The main developer of these versions is Jernej.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17...and-h6-boards/

Unofficial versions of LE and Armbian for Allwinner H6

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

MEGA

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
    Last edited by balbes150; 12-22-2019, 18:16.

Build the first version of Armbian 20191221 19.11.4 kernel 5.5.0-rc2 for Allwinner H6 (Tanix TX6).

The system normally starts from the SD card. Works sound and USB devices (BT WiFi USB media etc), but there is a serious drawback until the wired network works. I have not yet figured out the reason why the wired network does not work, so I publish only two test images of Ubuntu and Debian, for a General assessment of the health of the system on Tanix TX6.

Comment

Good news.

Ready image 20191222 for Allwinner H6 (tested on Tanix TX6) which runs almost all the equipment except the built-in WiFi (works USB Wifi). While this is not a universal image for all models RK + AML+AW, but there is a prospect of refinement and obtaining a full universal version for these platforms (taking into account the personal settings of u-boot and DTB for each platform).

Comment

Good news. Add support Eachlink H6

Comment

New (20191224) generic images (they are in the shared directory RK+AML+AW) with a wired network fix. To run the universal image, it is necessary to add the correct u-boot to the SD card. Available u-boot file options can be found here.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Instructions on how to write the desired u-boot (after recording the main image) is here.

The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, whic...

Comment

universal image Armbian 19.11.4 20191228 , kernel 5.5 works H6

Comment

New image Libreelec 20200106.

Comment

Test version Libreelec (20200108) with support for installing LE in eMMC.

Tested on Tanix TX6. Before installing, be sure to make and save a full backup of eMMC (for this purpose, the system has a special item in the LE settings menu). The process of creating a full copy can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the SD card and filling eMMC data). After that, you can try running the installation in eMMC. Perhaps the first time you install the system will not be installed completely, you need to re-boot from the SD card and once again run the menu item install in eMMC. After completing the installation procedure, the system should automatically shut down. You need to turn off the power supplies and pull out the SD card. The first time you start the system, you will be asked to perform the initial system setup. Please note, this is the first test version of the installation in eMMC and possible side problems.

Comment

The new version Armbian 20200117 19.11.5.

Please note that the DTB configuration order has changed.

Now a single configuration method is used for all Rockchip Allwinner Amlogic platforms. The file (uEnv.txt) is used for configuration DTB all platforms. Added a test version of the system installation in eMMC for Allwinner H6 (please note, this is the first version that may contain errors).

For anyone who uses an eMMC installation , it is mandatory to perform a full eMMC backup before installation.

Comment

Update to version 19.11.5 (20200120) kernel 5.5.0-rc6. Important change. the way DTB is configured has changed. The universal multiload for the AML platform has changed. Now a single configuration method is used for all platforms, using the file (uEnv.txt). You need to edit this file to configure it. You need to uncomment the two lines that are responsible for your platform and specify the correct DTB for your model. If you use this image to run on the one platform, you can delete it from the settings file (uEnv.txt) strings from other platforms.
                    Pay attention. The installation algorithm in eMMC has changed. My recommend that you perform a clean installation in eMMC. Be sure to make a full backup of eMMC before installing it in eMMC. Important.
                    For the aw H6 platform, all scripts are already in the image (which have the ending aw). You need to rename the files with the replacement (remove the .aw ending).

Comment

Important information.

LibrELEC for RK3399 https://yadi.sk/d/QGYvMKOW5oqChA More information and details can be found here. https://forum.armbian.com/forum/24-tv-boxes/

Comment

Can this eventually also work on my Tanix TX6S which i bricked, bootloop - not booting to system any more. So I could start perhaps to LibreELEC on sd card and then go to system with a file explorer and then copy there a funcional build.prop file.

I had changed the build.prop to try to activate the NavBar and bricked the box.

Any change for an answer ? Thanks balbes150
                        Last edited by tombraga; 02-03-2020, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                          Can this eventually also work on my Tanix TX6S which i bricked, bootloop - not booting to system any more. So I could start perhaps to LibreELEC on sd card and then go to system with a file explorer and then copy there a funcional build.prop file.

I had changed the build.prop to try to activate the NavBar and bricked the box.

Any change for an answer ? Thanks balbes150
                          As far as I know you have H616, I don't know if my u-boot will work on it or not. However, you can try writing an Armbian image to the SD card and check the launch with all DTBS from the image. If you are lucky, you can get the console and try to either replace the files, or erase the eMMC and write a new firmware instead of the corrupted one.

Comment

New version of LibreELEC (20200203) with 5.5 kernel.

Good news. I built a new u-boot that supports direct system startup from USB. I checked the installation to eMMC with the new u-boot on Tanix TX6, everything works. Now you can install Armbian or Libreelec in eMMC and run any system from USB (without using an SD card). You can use any system that has a kernel that supports H6 \ H5, regardless of which one is in the u-boot image. Tomorrow I will try to upload new Armbian images to the site with support for launching from USB.

Comment

Working...
                            X