No announcement yet.

LibreELEC and Armbian for Allwinner TV box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balbes150 is there already a usb-boot for Tanix TX6 online, which i can put on my USB Pendrive?

can you put the direct link here please? thanks

Is this done also with the LibreElec USB-SD Creator tool - same procedure as with the sd card?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
      balbes150 is there already a usb-boot for Tanix TX6 online, which i can put on my USB Pendrive?

can you put the direct link here please? thanks

Is this done also with the LibreElec USB-SD Creator tool - same procedure as with the sd card?
      You did not understand correctly, the processor can not directly boot the system from USB. We are talking about adding a new startup order to u-boot on SD or eMMC, first of all USB is checked, then SD and the last eMMC. Links to images are in the first message of the topic. There is also 3 message a link to the Armbian forum, which describes in detail how to run the system.

Toall
      new image Armbian 20200204 and LE 20200204 support USB

Comment

Ver Armbian 20.05.0 20200211

Comment

and for Allwinner

This Thread is here for posts of SD images for Amlogic devices that Boot directly into Linux from sd Card. Special Thanks to balbes150 for all his work in this area This is for Any Amlogic SD card Image for any Distro that is Confirmed Working. As this is the Start of this Thread the Images will be listed in this manor. 905

Comment

**************************** Libreelec *******************

Important. Changed the directory location of the images. Now all images (for all supported platforms) are in one place. LIBREELEC — Yandex.Disk

***************************** Armbian *******************
            New versions of images 20200218.
            Important change. With this version, you can easily add the desired u-boot on any PC (including Windows) .
            To do this, new versions of u-boot are downloaded on the site.

Rules for using the new u-boot option. Download, Armbian image, unpack. Write image Armbian to the SD card. Download and write the desired version of the u-boot file to SD card. Configure the DTB and the launch string (APPEND) in (uEnv.txt) for the desired model\platform.
            Pay attention. Now you don't need to write u-boot with complex commands, you write the u-boot image with the same program as you usually write an Armbian image. This allows you to configure the system to run (including writing a u-boot image) on any PC (including Windows).
            Pay attention. The new version changed the size of the partitions that are obtained when writing an image (all images have a fixed size of 5GB). This u-boot entry option only applies to the new version 20200218 and subsequent versions. Don't try this for old images. This will not work on older images.

Comment

Armbian 20200302 kernel 5.6
              and
              LE 20200303 kernel 5.6 (arm and aarch64)

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                Test version Libreelec (20200108) with support for installing LE in eMMC.

Tested on Tanix TX6. Before installing, be sure to make and save a full backup of eMMC (for this purpose, the system has a special item in the LE settings menu). The process of creating a full copy can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the SD card and filling eMMC data). After that, you can try running the installation in eMMC. Perhaps the first time you install the system will not be installed completely, you need to re-boot from the SD card and once again run the menu item install in eMMC. After completing the installation procedure, the system should automatically shut down. You need to turn off the power supplies and pull out the SD card. The first time you start the system, you will be asked to perform the initial system setup. Please note, this is the first test version of the installation in eMMC and possible side problems.
                please i have transpeed 6k ultra hd and i want to install linux but i dont know how i can make full back up of my emmc

please help me

Comment

Originally posted by hamza_iraki View Post

please i have transpeed 6k ultra hd and i want to install linux but i dont know how i can make full back up of my emmc

please help me
                  If you run Armbian, they have a special utility for creating a full backup (sudo ddbr). Run the utility and choose to create a compressed copy , the system will create a full copy of eMMC itself .

Comment

Updated special versions for Allwinner h6 (with built- in u-boot) to version 20.05 (20200311).

Comment

please we need a video to explain the steps
                      and the utility

thank u

Comment

please we need a video to explain the steps
                        and the utility

thank u
                        The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, whic...

Comment

How to run these images on the Rockchip and Allwinner platform .

1. Download the image for your device
                          2. Unpack
                          3. Burn the image on the medium

4. Configure in the file (uEnv.txt) launch parameters for the desired platform and model (uncomment the desired lines and comment out or delete unused ones)
                          5. If your device does not support USB startup , you can only use SD cards and you need to add the correct u-boot to the SD card (for details on how to add it, see the text of this message)
                          6. Connect the prepared media to the device and turn on the power

please explain the point number 4 my box is h6 allwinner transpeed 6k

Comment

please tell me the diference betwen this versions

thank you
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

How to run these images on the Rockchip and Allwinner platform .

1. Download the image for your device
                              2. Unpack
                              3. Burn the image on the medium

4. Configure in the file (uEnv.txt) launch parameters for the desired platform and model (uncomment the desired lines and comment out or delete unused ones)
                              5. If your device does not support USB startup , you can only use SD cards and you need to add the correct u-boot to the SD card (for details on how to add it, see the text of this message)
                              6. Connect the prepared media to the device and turn on the power

please explain the point number 4 my box is h6 allwinner transpeed 6k
                              When using images from your photo, you do not need to change anything in the system. These images have all the settings to run on H6. But this does not mean that they can work on your model. It may need its own version that is specific to your u-boot and dtb model . You can try any image from your photo. If the image doesn't work, the others won't work either .

Comment

Hi to the forum!

I still dont understand how a LibreELEC noob like myself can boot the Tanix TX6 into LibreELEC without altering the built in ROM.

The only files i could understand to get so far are:
                                LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe (not relevant to TX6 AllWinner H6 i guess?)
                                u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img
                                rufus (that i always have)

But i am lost with the various files in the RK_AML_AW repository... 20.05? Then 20200311? Then which one of the 8 files?
                                What are the codenames bionic bullseye buster focal? Difference between desktop and non desktop marked files? Couldnt find anything in the LibreELEC forums so far.
                                The steps to follow from downloading the file, to altering any configs, to booting the device up?
                                And i am not even that ignorant with technology...

Are these the steps?
                                - Download: Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc4_20200311.img.xz
                                - burn on sdcard using Rufus
                                - copy u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img in sdcard root
                                - power off TX6
                                - insert sdcard to TX6
                                - power on TX6 (put power cable in)
                                - LibreELEC magically appears on screen?
                                - original ROM intact to bootup if i want to?

Any pointers appreciated!

edit: i found the dtb files and in the uEnv.txt i commented all devices except H6 so i left this:
                                # aw h6
                                FDT=/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb
                                APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0
                                #APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

correct or not?
                                Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2020, 19:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X