X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by Kernel26 View Post
    I have see that pendoo x6 pro was a clone od Tanix T6. Can i install a dual boot system on it.

Tks!
    There is no concept of double loading on Allwinner. all devices initially have an automatic start function from the SD card (unless it is specifically blocked by the TV box manufacturer).

Leave a comment:

• Kernel26
    replied
    I have see that pendoo x6 pro was a clone od Tanix T6. Can i install a dual boot system on it.

Tks!

Leave a comment:

• genidy.m
    replied
    Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

Try the combined launch option (burn the image to two media at once SD card and USB flash drive and connect them together to the TV box).
    Dear balbes150,

not working same thing but you give me a hint that it maybe stuck because it didn't recognize the "boot and disk" label entry also same thing in official "libreelec uses UUID instead of label", so i replaced those entry to use device logic name like this "APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200" and now worked very well, i don't know why it can't handle label or uuid, but for now it working well, i will play with it to discover it, finally i really thank you for all your support and thanks all "Libreelec" guys for that OS, it working really very fast, beautiful interface, i like it very much than ugly android os.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by genidy.m View Post

Dear balbes150,

I tried with "mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e", same thing black screen, but after reversed console to start with "console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200"? instead of ? "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1" "HDMI" output working, so removed "mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e" and keep console reversed also working, so it appear if i reversed console entry "HDMI" working, also tried to reverse in official "Libreelec" and now working too, also if i removing "console=ttyS0,115200" and keeping "console=tty1" screen goes black again, so two console entries must exist and reversed, moreover i facing a new issue that it stuck at "mmc1: new DDR MMC card at address 0001", kodi not started., same thing with official "Libreelec" too
    Try the combined launch option (burn the image to two media at once SD card and USB flash drive and connect them together to the TV box).

Leave a comment:

• genidy.m
    replied

Try adding APPEND to the string

mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

The string must be like this

APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e
    Dear balbes150,

I tried with "mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e", same thing black screen, but after reversed console to start with "console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200"? instead of ? "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1" "HDMI" output working, so removed "mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e" and keep console reversed also working, so it appear if i reversed console entry "HDMI" working, also tried to reverse in official "Libreelec" and now working too, also if i removing "console=ttyS0,115200" and keeping "console=tty1" screen goes black again, so two console entries must exist and reversed, moreover i facing a new issue that it stuck at "mmc1: new DDR MMC card at address 0001", kodi not started., same thing with official "Libreelec" too
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied

Dear balbes150,

Thanks for your quick reply, sorry i uploaded the log for the official "Libreelec" as i follow with them too, but with the unofficial build here i can see some success as output appeared on TV for one second then black screen, on official "Libreelec" always black screen, kindly find the log for the unofficial build in attachments.
    Try adding APPEND to the string

mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

The string must be like this

APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

Leave a comment:

• genidy.m
    replied

According to the log, you are running the official version of LE. This topic discusses another (unofficial) LE build. Therefore, if you have questions about the official versions of LE, you need to contact the official forum in the appropriate topic.
    Dear balbes150,

Thanks for your quick reply, sorry i uploaded the log for the official "Libreelec" as i follow with them too, but with the unofficial build here i can see some success as output appeared on TV for one second then black screen, on official "Libreelec" always black screen, kindly find the log for the unofficial build in attachments.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied

Dear balbes150,

I own "Tevii p500" which is a "Sunvell Q+" and it's same as "Tanix x6", i used "Libreelec", booted from "SD card", but output on my TV is a appeared for one second then black screen, so i connected to the box UAR,T and i can confirm kernel booting till "init" start, then no message, so what is wrong, kindly find the UART dump in attachments.
    Also i tried after that to boot with "Armbian", it booted ok, "HDMI" working correctly, but take too long "scanning for btrfs filesystems", so why "Libreelec" can't output correctly.

http://tevii.com/Products_p500_1.asp
    According to the log, you are running the official version of LE. This topic discusses another (unofficial) LE build. Therefore, if you have questions about the official versions of LE, you need to contact the official forum in the appropriate topic.

Leave a comment:

• genidy.m
    replied
    New ver Libreelec 20200529 and Armbian 20200529
    Dear balbes150,

I own "Tevii p500" which is a "Sunvell Q+" and it's same as "Tanix x6", i used "Libreelec", booted from "SD card", but output on my TV is a appeared for one second then black screen, so i connected to the box UAR,T and i can confirm kernel booting till "init" start, then no message, so what is wrong, kindly find the UART dump in attachments.
    Also i tried after that to boot with "Armbian", it booted ok, "HDMI" working correctly, but take too long "scanning for btrfs filesystems", so why "Libreelec" can't output correctly.

http://tevii.com/Products_p500_1.asp
    Attached Files
    Sunvell Q Plus Allwinner H6 4GB 32GB 100M LAN 2.4G WIFI Android 8.1 4K H.265 VP9-10 TV Box https://i.postimg.cc/jqZ9WjZc/IMG-20190414-151206.jpg (https://postimages.org/) The tv box in this review came direct from the guys over at Sunvell who have been building TV box's for a few years now and do a good job of it. Hi

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    New ver Libreelec 20200529 and Armbian 20200529

Leave a comment:

• hksidney
    replied

1. rename the file (boot-emmc.scr.aw) in (boot-emmc.scr).
    2. to run the command (sudo /root/install-aw.sh). Note the suffix AW (not to be confused with AML).
    Succeeded ! Armbian running from eMMC.

balbes150 Just can't thank you enough for the help and for this brilliant project. As always, you are my hero!

Leave a comment:

• hksidney
    replied

2. to run the command (sudo /root/install-aw.sh). Note the suffix AW (not to be confused with AML).

You don't need to create anything manually on eMMC, the script will automatically install everything.

I strongly recommend that you run the DDBR utility (sudo ddbr) and create a full compressed copy of eMMC BEFORE starting the installation. This will help you return to the current state of eMMC at any time (to the system that is currently in eMMC).
    balbes150 Thank you so much. That is very kind of you.

Actually on previous attempts, I did rename all the four AW files to: boot.cmd, boot.scr, boot-emmc.cmd,boot-emmc.scr

As for DDBR, I have tried countless times but they always stopped after compressed copying about 1%. It may be because I used a 32G SD Card for a 64G eMMC.

In any event, I shall follow your instruction and report back.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by hksidney View Post
    Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc4_desktop_20200510.img.xz

Thanks.

You don't need to create anything manually on eMMC, the script will automatically install everything.

I strongly recommend that you run the DDBR utility (sudo ddbr) and create a full compressed copy of eMMC BEFORE starting the installation. This will help you return to the current state of eMMC at any time (to the system that is currently in eMMC).

Leave a comment:

• hksidney
    replied
    Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc4_desktop_20200510.img.xz

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by hksidney View Post
    Hi,
    Please bear with a Linux beginner here.

I've managed to install and run Armbian from a SD card on a Tanix TX6 4/64, but don't know how to get the OS installed on eMMC.

The Armbian TV Box - Single Armbian Image page says there is a script that I can run, but I cannot find any .sh file.

When I use this command : bash emmc_autoscript.cmd , it comes back with "fatload : command not found; setenv: command not found". Also, do I need to wipe all the paritions in eMMC with GPart before installation ?

I have Googled for a few days but could not find an answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    What image do you use ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X