• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hksidney
    replied
    Hi,
    Please bear with a Linux beginner here.

I've managed to install and run Armbian from a SD card on a Tanix TX6 4/64, but don't know how to get the OS installed on eMMC.

The Armbian TV Box - Single Armbian Image page says there is a script that I can run, but I cannot find any .sh file.

When I use this command : bash emmc_autoscript.cmd , it comes back with "fatload : command not found; setenv: command not found". Also, do I need to wipe all the paritions in eMMC with GPart before installation ?

I have Googled for a few days but could not find an answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    New image
    Armbian 20.05.4 (20200509)
    Libreelec (20200508)

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by dimkaprodimka View Post
    Sorry but im do somthing wron.. i have TX6 4/32
    not boot from SD black screen and black :time in the box:
    1 Dowload and write image with rufus or balena Armbian_20.05.0_Aw-h6-tv_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc4_20200311.img.xz
    2 insert in the box SD and insert power cable and nothing.. (all black how its power off)

3 ok remove SD and dd if=u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img /dev/(SD card) bs=1 count=442
    dd if=u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img /dev/(SD card) bs=512 skip=1 seek=1
    4 try! insert SD -> power = nothing (black lcd) nothing in monitor. wait 15 min nothing.

if remove SD -> and power cable insert lcd write "boot" and boot android

uEnv.txt:
    LINUX=/zImage
    INITRD=/uInitrd
    # aw h6
    FDT=/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb
    #APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e
    APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

to same with LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200214172700-569f834-tanix-tx6.img.gz

two days try but nothing.. dont boot.. what i do wrong?.. maybe have lock bootloader in MatherBoard or i dont know.. HELP!
    Are you sure you have a Tanix TX6 model ? Have you changed the regular Android firmware ?

Try to uncomment (del #) the string

#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

and delete the string.

APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

Leave a comment:

• dimkaprodimka
    replied
    Sorry but im do somthing wron.. i have TX6 4/32
    not boot from SD black screen and black :time in the box:
    1 Dowload and write image with rufus or balena Armbian_20.05.0_Aw-h6-tv_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc4_20200311.img.xz
    2 insert in the box SD and insert power cable and nothing.. (all black how its power off)

3 ok remove SD and dd if=u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img /dev/(SD card) bs=1 count=442
    dd if=u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img /dev/(SD card) bs=512 skip=1 seek=1
    4 try! insert SD -> power = nothing (black lcd) nothing in monitor. wait 15 min nothing.

if remove SD -> and power cable insert lcd write "boot" and boot android

uEnv.txt:
    LINUX=/zImage
    INITRD=/uInitrd
    # aw h6

to same with LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200214172700-569f834-tanix-tx6.img.gz

two days try but nothing.. dont boot.. what i do wrong?.. maybe have lock bootloader in MatherBoard or i dont know.. HELP!

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Armbian ver 20.05.2 (20200416) kernel 5.7-rc1

Libreelec arm and aarch64 20200416 kernel 5.7-rc1

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    This Thread is here for posts of SD images for Amlogic devices that Boot directly into Linux from sd Card. Special Thanks to balbes150 for all his work in this area This is for Any Amlogic SD card Image for any Distro that is Confirmed Working. As this is the Start of this Thread the Images will be listed in this manor. 905

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Libreelec Version 20200331.
    Fixed support for 4K video.
    Please note that the image name has changed for Allwinner H6, now it is called h6. The process of updating via the TAR archive has also changed. Now a single shared TAR file (amlgx) is used for the entire line of rk+aw+aml systems that use LIMA+Panfrost drivers.

A passing question. Are there users of models with H5 ?

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Armbian is a Linux system. To run Libreelec, you need to use Libreelec files. See the first post of this topic, there are links to unofficial versions of LE. After writing the LE image to the SD card, you do not need to add or change anything in SD. You can immediately connect the SD card to the TX6 and turn on the power. The system should start automatically. If this does not happen, then you will need additional steps that depend on the exact name of the TV box model.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi to the forum!

I still dont understand how a LibreELEC noob like myself can boot the Tanix TX6 into LibreELEC without altering the built in ROM.

The only files i could understand to get so far are:
    LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe (not relevant to TX6 AllWinner H6 i guess?)
    u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img
    rufus (that i always have)

But i am lost with the various files in the RK_AML_AW repository... 20.05? Then 20200311? Then which one of the 8 files?
    What are the codenames bionic bullseye buster focal? Difference between desktop and non desktop marked files? Couldnt find anything in the LibreELEC forums so far.
    The steps to follow from downloading the file, to altering any configs, to booting the device up?
    And i am not even that ignorant with technology...

Are these the steps?
    - Download: Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc4_20200311.img.xz
    - burn on sdcard using Rufus
    - copy u-boot-allwinner-h6-tanix-tx6.img in sdcard root
    - power off TX6
    - insert sdcard to TX6
    - power on TX6 (put power cable in)
    - LibreELEC magically appears on screen?
    - original ROM intact to bootup if i want to?

Any pointers appreciated!

edit: i found the dtb files and in the uEnv.txt i commented all devices except H6 so i left this:
    # aw h6

correct or not?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2020, 19:10.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by hamza_iraki View Post
    How to run these images on the Rockchip and Allwinner platform .

1. Download the image for your device
    2. Unpack
    3. Burn the image on the medium

4. Configure in the file (uEnv.txt) launch parameters for the desired platform and model (uncomment the desired lines and comment out or delete unused ones)
    5. If your device does not support USB startup , you can only use SD cards and you need to add the correct u-boot to the SD card (for details on how to add it, see the text of this message)
    6. Connect the prepared media to the device and turn on the power

please explain the point number 4 my box is h6 allwinner transpeed 6k
    When using images from your photo, you do not need to change anything in the system. These images have all the settings to run on H6. But this does not mean that they can work on your model. It may need its own version that is specific to your u-boot and dtb model . You can try any image from your photo. If the image doesn't work, the others won't work either .

Leave a comment:

• hamza_iraki
    replied
    please tell me the diference betwen this versions

thank you
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• hamza_iraki
    replied
    How to run these images on the Rockchip and Allwinner platform .

1. Download the image for your device
    2. Unpack
    3. Burn the image on the medium

4. Configure in the file (uEnv.txt) launch parameters for the desired platform and model (uncomment the desired lines and comment out or delete unused ones)
    5. If your device does not support USB startup , you can only use SD cards and you need to add the correct u-boot to the SD card (for details on how to add it, see the text of this message)
    6. Connect the prepared media to the device and turn on the power

please explain the point number 4 my box is h6 allwinner transpeed 6k

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by hamza_iraki View Post
    please we need a video to explain the steps
    and the utility

thank u
    The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, whic...

Leave a comment:

• hamza_iraki
    replied
    please we need a video to explain the steps
    and the utility

thank u

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Updated special versions for Allwinner h6 (with built- in u-boot) to version 20.05 (20200311).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X