Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix TX6 and T95 MAX linux

Hi guys!

few weeks ago i start some work for adaptation current mainline linux kernel and u-boot to this tvboxes.
    my first and main goal is run k3s and working opencl on this devices, but i make to work the whole device
    so and i ready to provide fully working vanila armbian image with 5.7rc6 kernel.
    also this is very good platform to "hobby" because on board you have easy access to two GPIOs and i2c bus(for example i connect i2c oled display)

currently working:
    • sd/mmc
    • emmc
    • ethernet (ac200)
    • wifi(xr819)
    • usb/usb3
    • i2c
    • gpio led
    • hdmi(with audio and CEC posible)
    • CPU dvfs/frequency change
    • Temperature sensors
    • GPU with opengles (possible with opencl need to test this moment)
    • IR (hardcoded tanix tx6 remote keymap)

n/a:
    • spdiff

image to download:

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

just unpack, check md5, write to sdcard with any tool like winimage or dd and enjoy

PS.
    i also open for donation

PPS.
    i need few more week to prepare patchset to uboot and kernel and move project to github.
    Linux kernel config and patches for Generic H6 tvbox( Tanix TX6 , T95 MAX and posible others) based on allwinner H6 CPU - ktkd/linux-5.7-h6-mainline

Click image for larger version  Name:	screen.png Views:	8 Size:	553.1 KB ID:	806240Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-05-08 23.04.53.jpg Views:	8 Size:	123.7 KB ID:	806241
    Last edited by ktkdd; 05-23-2020, 23:19.

so, and if you want to install armbian to internal emmc flash:
    1. boot linux from sdcard
    2. write armbian image to internal emmc (named mmcblk2, you can check dmesg after boot)
      Code:
      [B]dd if=Armbian_20.02.1_Allwinnerth6vbox_buster_current_5.7-rc6_desktop.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=32m status=progress[/B]
    3. reboot
    4. profit!

Comment

LibreELEC:
      https://yadi.sk/d/H4yjy-KqzYJnxA

work everything include wifi and cec.

Comment

Both images work on Sunvell Q Plus (Allwinner H6 and Android 9 v2.1.16 2gb / 16Gb) except the infrared remote. Great job! Next week I will switch to h616 4gb, can you help me compile 5.8rc kernel (for testing). Currently armbian works, libreelec, android does not work (many emmc bad blocks) so the change

Comment

Hi guys,
          nice job! I'm going to buy a t95max 4/32Gb mainly for playing around and ADS-B tracking with rtlsdr.
          Fully available for testing and support, any news about 5.8 kernel?
          Also trying to follow on Armbian forum but it is very hard and chaotic.. anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
          Luca.

Comment

Hi all,
            t95max 4/32 no audio.

Comment

Originally posted by ktkdd View Post
              Hi guys!

few weeks ago i start some work for adaptation current mainline linux kernel and u-boot to this tvboxes.
              my first and main goal is run k3s and working opencl on this devices, but i make to work the whole device
              so and i ready to provide fully working vanila armbian image with 5.7rc6 kernel.
              also this is very good platform to "hobby" because on board you have easy access to two GPIOs and i2c bus(for example i connect i2c oled display)

currently working:[*]wifi(xr819)
              XR819 it does not work on MX10 Pro (H6), with dmesg it is not even loaded.
              Same issue with wifi on LibreElec image.
              I opened the tvbox, the wifi / bt chipset is absolutely an XR819.
              The only positive thing: all the four usb port work fine, also the usb3.
              Last edited by Erario; 08-23-2021, 22:22.

Comment

Working...
              X